There a new party in town

UBI is a stupid idea, and Oligarchs like Yang know it. All UBI would do is change the floor, where the bottom is, by massively devaluing our currency.

IF vermin like Yang actually wanted to change situations for the poor, he would promote universal HOUSING. I don't support such a scheme, but at least it would actually have an impact. But Yang doesn't want to have an impact, he just wants to put on a show, to attract the stupid (which is why Mac1958 follows him) and illegal aliens.

A thousand bucks to every illegal will just drive up prices. A roof over the head of every American would make a MASSIVE difference. This is how you can tell that Marxists like Yang aren't serious.
Businesses are already having a hard time finding workers as it is and all UBI would do is encourage people to not work.

One of the things that I'm looking forward to. Last time that the party was split was in 1992 [Perot] and that was mostly on the republican side. I'm expecting a lot more fractions in the democrat party in the next few years after the current disaster.
My parents were Democrats back in the early 50s and 60s. Back then, protecting America was fresh on American minds due to the harsh losses of WWII, and all Americans were a lot more caring for each other regardless of political parties. My parents are greatly reminiscent of what America went through at home and abroad. "Over there," it was dangerous. At home, rationing was necessary and greatly respected by those who didn't mind if steel pennies allowed the copper mineral go toward superior military armaments. My late conservative husband thought so much about that unique year where copper was most scarce, he saved thousands of steel pennies as he saw a lot of them in his college years, trading his copper pennies for the "worthless" steel ones. Each one of his ammunition boxes full of steel pennies and oil to preserve them in weighs a ton to his elderly widow who has to dust under them once in a while, but with due love and respect for his allegiance to his (and my) parent's generation's sacrifices.

Isn't it interesting how Oligarchs like Yang, Zuckerberg, Gates, Cook, et al embrace Communism? Kind of gives lie to the idea that communism is beneficial to the masses.
technically thats not communism,,
when ever you have overlords that the rules dont apply to that take all the profits and leave little or nothing for the people its called tyranny or despotism,,

Tyranny and despotism - AKA Communism.
technically no,, thats just tyranny and despotism masquerading as communism,,

just like the CCP of china does,, they are actually a crony capitalist system where only the elites are allowed to profit and the people are relegated to whats left over,,

true communism is the people working together and splitting the rewards equally without a government looking over them,, and it can only work in small groups with voluntary compliance,,

technically no,, thats just tyranny and despotism masquerading as communism,,

just like the CCP of china does,, they are actually a crony capitalist system where only the elites are allowed to profit and the people are relegated to whats left over,,

true communism is the people working together and splitting the rewards equally without a government looking over them,, and it can only work in small groups with voluntary compliance,,

Definitely not.

It's not "capitalist" in any way. The CCP isn't the Marxist ideal, but they remain a centrally planned and controlled economy. The state controls the means of production. They are what they say the are, Communists.

Capitalism is the control of the means of production by the free market.

Definitely not.

It's not "capitalist" in any way. The CCP isn't the Marxist ideal, but they remain a centrally planned and controlled economy. The state controls the means of production. They are what they say the are, Communists.

Capitalism is the control of the means of production by the free market.
but crony capitalism is different,, CCP is all about profit and not spreading the wealth,,

true communism has nothing to do with profit and everything to do with spreading the wealth equally,,

there has never been a true communist regime or country on a large scale,, it can only exist on a small level and when its voluntary,,

but crony capitalism is different,, CCP is all about profit and not spreading the wealth,,

true communism has nothing to do with profit and everything to do with spreading the wealth equally,,

And true capitalism has nothing to do with government interference or regulation of the market in any way. Certainly not cronyism. Government choosing winners and losers is the opposite of capitalism.

What you call "true communism" is an absurdity which has never existed and never well.

We have to deal with reality, communism is a despotic state with a centrally planned and managed economy.

there has never been a true communist regime or country on a large scale,, it can only exist on a small level and when its voluntary,,

Even then it cannot survive without force. Communism defies 4 billion years of evolution - the drive to survive.

And true capitalism has nothing to do with government interference or regulation of the market in any way. Certainly not cronyism. Government choosing winners and losers is the opposite of capitalism.

What you call "true communism" is an absurdity which has never existed and never well.

We have to deal with reality, communism is a despotic state with a centrally planned and managed economy.

Even then it cannot survive without force. Communism defies 4 billion years of evolution - the drive to survive.
thats why I called it crony capitalism,,

and yes there are several communist communities around the world and some have existed for decades,, you just dont hear about them because they try and keep to themselves,,

Forum List

Back