Theories on Why Atheists are met with Hostility

Atheists that proselytize.... :blahblah:

Exactly. If you don't believe in something - fine - more power to you. But you don't have to be a dick about it and go on rants about people who do.

A concept not mentioned in the video but happens to be the major source of hostility towards atheists.

You people do not get how annoying your nonsense can be. It is not unreasonable to be frustrated communicating with people that expect what they take on faith to be understood as fact. 2 plus 2 is 4. It is not 5. When you insist it is 5 an impass has been reached. When you present a thousand math problems with clearly erroneous solutions the communication is rediculous. The "hatred" you think is unjustified is a result of the make believe world view you overlay on reality.

Stop saying rediculous things and we will get along just fine.

The problem is we are the minority.

Then disregard all of history..........

These accounts are records, not someone standing at the local well saying, "Guess what I saw yesterday." These people testified. The same record was presented to the Roman legal system, and the Temple Priests. The records were given to the very people it quotes.

Holly insists there was no eyewitness. That is incorrect. You say, "don't believe their eyes".
I say, "Just what is it they say they saw"?

These accounts of what jesus did are not historical recorded events. The Roman's don't have any record of Jesus. Even if they did, they didn't see him perform any miracles or rise from the dead.

There were no eye witness' that saw Jesus do miracles or rise from the grave. Whoever made up the part about Mary being a virgin made that stuff up too. What's wrong with you?

It is all these bullshit lies that we reject, not god or Jesus. Somebody made all this stuff up 80 years after Jesus' so called Ressurection.

"The theory that Jesus never existed at all has very little scholarly support.[18][19][20][21][22]"

"There are three mentions of Jesus in non-Christian sources, which have been used in historical analyses of the existence of Jesus.[31] These are two mentions in the works of 1st-century Roman historian Josephus and one mention in the works of the 2nd-century Roman historian Tacitus.[31][32]"

Boob is an ignoramus.

Historicity of Jesus - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The anti-Christians continue to say there is no evidence that Christ existed..and until VERY recently insisted that the records that did exist were all written *hundreds* of years after his passing.

Lies. That have been deserted by all but the most pathetically illiterate.

Then disregard all of history..........

These accounts are records, not someone standing at the local well saying, "Guess what I saw yesterday." These people testified. The same record was presented to the Roman legal system, and the Temple Priests. The records were given to the very people it quotes.

Holly insists there was no eyewitness. That is incorrect. You say, "don't believe their eyes".
I say, "Just what is it they say they saw"?

These accounts of what jesus did are not historical recorded events. The Roman's don't have any record of Jesus. Even if they did, they didn't see him perform any miracles or rise from the dead.

There were no eye witness' that saw Jesus do miracles or rise from the grave. Whoever made up the part about Mary being a virgin made that stuff up too. What's wrong with you?

It is all these bullshit lies that we reject, not god or Jesus. Somebody made all this stuff up 80 years after Jesus' so called Ressurection.

"The theory that Jesus never existed at all has very little scholarly support.[18][19][20][21][22]"

"There are three mentions of Jesus in non-Christian sources, which have been used in historical analyses of the existence of Jesus.[31] These are two mentions in the works of 1st-century Roman historian Josephus and one mention in the works of the 2nd-century Roman historian Tacitus.[31][32]"

Boob is an ignoramus.

Historicity of Jesus - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Josephus' Antiquities of the Jews, written around 93–94 AD

So some guy 94 years AD swallowed the cool aid and that's your proof?

There are zealots that go over the top in claiming Jeebus never existed. I doubt the vast majority of atheists make that claim. It really doesn't matter.

What matters are the rediculous things that the Christians attribute to their Jeezus. That stuff is insulting to mine and many other human's brains.

I think there probably was a Jayzuz. The reasonable approach is that there was this guy that pissed off the Joos and probably got put to death like a lot of people in the period. It's all the "coming back from being very dead" nonsense we can do without.

There are zealots that go over the top in claiming Jeebus never existed. I doubt the vast majority of atheists make that claim. It really doesn't matter.

What matters are the rediculous things that the Christians attribute to their Jeezus. That stuff is insulting to mine and many other human's brains.

I think there probably was a Jayzuz. The reasonable approach is that there was this guy that pissed off the Joos and probably got put to death like a lot of people in the period. It's all the "coming back from being very dead" nonsense we can do without.

I agree. What I get from the Jesus stories is that he told the jews that they were being hypocrites and he told them what really mattered.

They asked him if he was the son of god. He said yes. But to all theists, aren't you too the son of god? But religions was fucked up back then, just like it is now. Do you think Jesus would walk into con artists churches and praise the hypocritical Christians who do not want to feed the poor or cure the sick?

Jesus may have been a person who lived on earth at one time sure.

three passages in non-Christian works have been used to support the historicity of Jesus. These are two passages in the writings of the Jewish historian Josephus, and one from the Roman historian Tacitus. Although the authenticity of all three passages has been disputed to varying degrees, most scholars believe that all three are at least partially authentic.

And I don't know for sure. All I know is I'm not going to believe all the unbelievable stories you guys are telling just because some Jew named Josephus wrote about him.

The manuscripts of Josephus written around 93–94 AD.

94 years after the fact??

The more I read, the more I do think this Josephus too is a myth. Sounds good but doesn't prove anything to me.

Josephus on Jesus - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Josephus was a myth? Are you fucking stupid? Every historian in the world believes Josephus was a real person, yet you dismiss him as a myth simply because you don't like the fact that he contradicts your absurd assumptions. If I keep posting the historical proof that Jesus actually did walk the Earth you will eventually end up concluding that the entire Roman Empire was a myth.

Just because a small branch falls on your head doesn't mean the sky is falling.

So tell us, Christians MORE persecuted than Jews? And Muslims (by other factions of Muslims)?

Funny, I don't recall anyone making that claim. The claim you took exception to was that more Christians are persecuted throughout the world than any other religious group. If you have some actual numbers to disprove that claim feel free to post them. If not, stop trying to make this about something no one said.

If you're talking about the journalists who recently got beheaded, they weren't whacked because they were Christians, but Americans. And the girls kidnapped by Procol Haram in Africa werent kidnapped because they were Christians. And your link says Christians are the MOST persecuted. Which even you know isn't true. Got anything else that's not full of shit?

It wasn't his link.

No wonder you don't know what the link actually said, you didn't even pay attention to who posted it.

Jesus may have been a person who lived on earth at one time sure.

three passages in non-Christian works have been used to support the historicity of Jesus. These are two passages in the writings of the Jewish historian Josephus, and one from the Roman historian Tacitus. Although the authenticity of all three passages has been disputed to varying degrees, most scholars believe that all three are at least partially authentic.

And I don't know for sure. All I know is I'm not going to believe all the unbelievable stories you guys are telling just because some Jew named Josephus wrote about him.

The manuscripts of Josephus written around 93–94 AD.

94 years after the fact??

The more I read, the more I do think this Josephus too is a myth. Sounds good but doesn't prove anything to me.

Josephus on Jesus - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Josephus was a myth? Are you fucking stupid? Every historian in the world believes Josephus was a real person, yet you dismiss him as a myth simply because you don't like the fact that he contradicts your absurd assumptions. If I keep posting the historical proof that Jesus actually did walk the Earth you will eventually end up concluding that the entire Roman Empire was a myth.

Listen fool. He wrote about Jesus 90 years after the fact. So fucking what retard. I'm not going to go off on an argument with you about Josephasofucking like it matters. Is this your proof for that god exists? He was a great writer. Of course he went along with the new cult he just joined. When was he born? 37 years after Jesus? So what he wrote about Jesus? The legend was probably better than the truth.

If you're talking about the journalists who recently got beheaded, they weren't whacked because they were Christians, but Americans. And the girls kidnapped by Procol Haram in Africa werent kidnapped because they were Christians. And your link says Christians are the MOST persecuted. Which even you know isn't true. Got anything else that's not full of shit?

It wasn't his link.

No wonder you don't know what the link actually said, you didn't even pay attention to who posted it.
It's still full of shit regardless of who posted it. Or couldn't you figure that out yourself?

Just because a small branch falls on your head doesn't mean the sky is falling.

So tell us, Christians MORE persecuted than Jews? And Muslims (by other factions of Muslims)?

Funny, I don't recall anyone making that claim. The claim you took exception to was that more Christians are persecuted throughout the world than any other religious group. If you have some actual numbers to disprove that claim feel free to post them. If not, stop trying to make this about something no one said.
His link said Christians are the MOST persecuted. It's not even close. Muslims by a fucking mile (by each other). lol.

His link said Christians are the MOST persecuted. It's not even close. Muslims by a fucking mile (by each other). lol.

Here is what my link actually said.

Most people in the West would be surprised by the answer to the question: who are the most persecuted people in the world? According to the International Society for Human Rights, a secular group with members in 38 states worldwide, 80 per cent of all acts of religious discrimination in the world today are directed at Christians.

The Centre for the Study of Global Christianity in the United States estimates that 100,000 Christians now die every year, targeted because of their faith – that is 11 every hour. The Pew Research Center says that hostility to religion reached a new high in 2012, when Christians faced some form of discrimination in 139 countries, almost three-quarters of the world's nations.

Can you refute any of that?

Here is what my link actually said.

Most people in the West would be surprised by the answer to the question: who are the most persecuted people in the world? According to the International Society for Human Rights, a secular group with members in 38 states worldwide, 80 per cent of all acts of religious discrimination in the world today are directed at Christians.

The Centre for the Study of Global Christianity in the United States estimates that 100,000 Christians now die every year, targeted because of their faith – that is 11 every hour. The Pew Research Center says that hostility to religion reached a new high in 2012, when Christians faced some form of discrimination in 139 countries, almost three-quarters of the world's nations.

Can you refute any of that?
You want me to do it country by country or all at once? :D

The question is, how do they define martyr deaths, I would be very interested in seeing that,

Anyway, since you cited open doors, lets see what they have to say about persecution, especially since my link was about that, not just deaths.

The question now is, do you have any more links that prove the link I posted is accurate?

Yep. And as legend building happens,

Yep. And we're still left with not a single eyewitness to the tale of Jeebus rising from dead or anything that would connect the Jeeb to supernaturalism.

One has to really sit back and wonder why the gawds would have their core witnesses wait 30 and more years to pen their recollections of the events that were so important and vital to the salvation of his children . Most of the principles were dead by the time the first words were put to paper. Once again, fundie Christians have to invoke "special dispensation" for their argument -- i.e., one must assume as true the point the christian is trying to make, which is supernaturalism is behind all of the fables, to support the assertion that there is a supernatural cause behind all of this. Once again, begging the question already destroys the argument, because one must demonstrate the existence of the supernatural before one can appeal to it to supply a rationale for something to be in effect.

You people do not get how annoying your nonsense can be. It is not unreasonable to be frustrated communicating with people that expect what they take on faith to be understood as fact. 2 plus 2 is 4. It is not 5. When you insist it is 5 an impass has been reached. When you present a thousand math problems with clearly erroneous solutions the communication is rediculous. The "hatred" you think is unjustified is a result of the make believe world view you overlay on reality.

Stop saying rediculous things and we will get along just fine.

You are being intolerant to people who believe that 2+2=5. Tolerance my friend. Tolerance.

It seems pretty difficult to believe that a bunch of people made up a bunch of stories about a man who never even existed. Will you admit that that theory is pretty unreasonable?

Forum List

Back