Theft among TSA screeners.

Feb 22, 2011
Texas
To Serve, to Protect and...to Steal
If TSA workers steal from the people they are supposed to be protecting, how can they be trusted to keep the nation safe from terrorism?
By Spencer Wilking

The eBay seller known as "Alirla" sold high-priced electronics at rock bottom prices, shipping laptops, digital cameras and GPS units to eager buyers all over the world.

Screener theft: Pythias Brown responsible for the largest one-man theft ring in the short history of TSA.

TSA luggage theft at LAX: How common is this?

(Danny Moloshok / Reuters)
June 24, 2011|By Mary Forgione | Los Angeles Times Daily Travel & Deal blogger

In the last two months, two U.S. Transportation Security Administration officers have been arrested on suspicion of stealing from passenger luggage at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) -- incidents that leave me worrying about how often such theft happens. Judging from official statistics, it seems rare -- or maybe the culprits just don't get caught very often.

TSA and thefts from luggage at LAX: How common is this? - Los Angeles Times

Today in Travel's Logo
Two TSA Screeners at JFK Charged with Theft
February 17, 2011 10:25 am by Carl Unger

Two TSA screeners at New York's JFK Airport are charged with stealing cash from passengers' bags. According to msnbc, "Comar Persad, 36, and Davon Webb, 30, are expected to each face three felony charges—grand larceny, conspiracy and possession of stolen property—and one misdemeanor charge of official misconduct, authorities said.

Two TSA Screeners at JFK Charged with Theft - SmarterTravel.com

And this is what your tax dollar pays for aside from patting down old ladies and toddlers.

Anyone with an of ounce of brains knows that you never pack anything valuable in the bag you check. You keep it in your carry on.

Why would TSA employees be any different from any other American worker? Do some police steal? Do some border patrol agents take bribes or harbor illegals?

The crazy thing is..... its the baggage handlers (and yes the TSA re nothing but baggage handlers) who i want to keep the hell out of my bags because i dont trust them...and they are the ones with the keys to the locks!!

Pisses me off to know end.

Forum List

Back