The Wrong Type of Black Person

Fortunately, the only people who believe your statement are those who already made up their mindlessness.

I bet he has a plan to enslave us all.

Keep up the racist shit. It fits your posts.

The only ones being racist are the democrats. Insisting people won't vote for Obama just cause he is black. And you are one of them.

If he loses that will be the first charge made by the likes of you, that he lost because he is black, the second one will be that the Republicans cheated somehow.

Yet his supports ARE telling you to be afraid. Afraid of McCain, afraid of Palin, AFRAID of the dumb republicans that vote for them. The democrats are ALL about fear. It is one of their best tactics, scaring people into voting for them. The other one is BUYING votes. Obama does them both.

How the hell can you say the DNC has cornered the market on the politics of fear when Karl Rove wrote the book on it!

Ask big John how he felt about Roves politics after he pulled out of the 2000 primaries against Bush...

Would you rather bet on the answer or his likelihood of lying about it now. I don't think the John McCain of 2000 would vote for the John McCain of today. I know if he was around (2000 John) my choice for Obama would have been harder to make.

Big John has been bought and paid for. Karl Roves finger prints are all over candidate Mccain. He sold out.

-Joe

The only ones being racist are the democrats. Insisting people won't vote for Obama just cause he is black. And you are one of them.

Dude, I'm not following your logic here... help me out. I feel I have been pretty transparent in my support for Obama, what do you mean by "...And you are one of them."?

If he loses that will be the first charge made by the likes of you, that he lost because he is black, the second one will be that the Republicans cheated somehow.

You don't get it do you. This election is not about Obama, it is about the change he promises. If he looses and the unfair rules and tax codes persist, will the republicans be able to continue feeding the middle class into the country club grinder for 8 more years before another person with a voice releases another wave of revolt through America? I think 4... most likely less.

The longer the haves manage to hang on to power and use it for personal gain, the more violent the change will be when it happens. History is filled with examples. I'm kind of hoping that the change in America will come through the ballot, but change is coming.

If Obama is weak or full of shit and hijacking the election by telling the people what they need to hear, we'll revolt against him later, but change is coming.

In 20 years, Washington will not be conducting 'business as usual' as we now know it. We can't afford it. The Republican Mortgage will come due and the people will still need to eat. The People will find their voice. People see that life is unfair here at our governments hand. Every foreclosure, every CEO with a golden parachute sewn from a government bail out swells the ranks of those who are willing to work for change. Every educational opportunity unfulfilled because of cost and every health crises made worse by the paperwork and insurance greed makes another family realize that abortion and gay rights are NOT the dividing issues Rove can make them out to be.

Change is coming.

I personally hope the time is now, but maybe it's not. We'll see in November.

-Joe

i'm still waiting for one of you 0bama nuts to answer me this question. if i went to a church for 20 years and my pastor preached white supremacy would that make me a racist?

is that all Rev White preached?

My father preached racisim in our house, doesn't make me a racist even though I had to listen to it for 27 years until he died.

My sister preaches racisim, doesn't make me a racist even though I still go to her house for dinner and still sit and listen to the things she says.

Are all the people who attend Trinity racist or just Obama?

Holding someone accountable for the actions and beliefs of another takes away your argument of personal responsibility doesn't it? You seem to think Obama should be responsible for Rev White and somehow needed to do something to "fix" his belief system. Rev White is responsible for his beliefs and words, not Obama and until I hear those words come out of Obama's mouth I refuse to accept those who say he hates me for the color of my skin.

From what I've seen of Obama he cares about ALL Americans.

I was unaware that being both black and white is a skeleton. Is he and every other half black/half white person somehow bad? Because that certainly sounds like what's being stated here. I don't see how sharing ethnic backgrounds is a bad thing.

Mixed heritage is not a bad thing! The point I was trying to make is coming to grips with it. I did not even find out how close I am to the Native Americans until my grand mother revealed her heritage to her family on her death-bed. Her reason for waiting: The stigma and embarrassment she endured as a child because of it. It was a lot easier to live as a white back then. How many people today hide part of their heritage out of pride, embarrassment or fear? Not many hide from fear of their government or even their neighbors any more, and this is a good thing - but how about from their drinking buddies?

I don't see it as something that has to be overcome. Because I dont define myself by my ethnicity or race. I am who I am.

That is what is beautiful about the promise of 21st century America! My how we've grown in the last 200 years!

As for Obama offering Absolution. I don't want it. I didn't do anything. I would like an apologize for implying that I have. I would like an apology for being told that there is something wrong with me for having faith in God and for respecting the constitution's right to self defense. I would like an apology for being treated like I'm a stupid idiot who has no clue what's good for my own life simply because I don't want the government in every single solitary aspect of my life.

I am sorry you took offense to that part of the quote I used. I am unsure of the intent of the author of the quote, my use of it was to help express my feeling that as more and more of us begin to relate to more of our family, and more of us begin to grok* the phrase 'To walk a mile in another mans shoes', the better off our planet will be.

*Read 'Stranger in a Strange Land' for a definition of grok - it means 'to understand', but more.

-Joe

Mixed heritage is not a bad thing! The point I was trying to make is coming to grips with it. I did not even find out how close I am to the Native Americans

And, you're probably not.

One of the biggest myths held by white Americans today is that they all have a Navajo princess or Choctaw warrior-king buried somewhere in the genetic family attic. I can't tell you how many perfectly white-looking people have told me this in my years, including a good friend from college who looks about as "Indian" as Donald Trump. But geneologists who've noted this oft-claimed heritage and looked into it have debunked it.

How does it come to pass? I think part of it sounds romantic: we whites hold American Indians/Native Americans in high regard as a proud, mysterious people (this is unlike blacks... you will never hear whites brag that they have a black ancestor), and gives them a little "multiculti cred" to boot. In America, you're worthless if you're just "white," but if you can claim some exotic ethnic ingredient, well, we all look up to you as "cool." Everthing enforces this message... the media, movies, schools, magazines, you name it. White is boring, anything else is "interesting." Whites are then prompted to hate themselves and want to deny their own whiteness... so, they listen to jazz, wear Bob Marley shirts in college, go volunteer in the inner city, learn Spanish, decorate their houses with African masks, whatever. My parents-in-law have all these paintings and sculptures of black Americans all over their house, for instance (portrait of MLK, etc.).

Ward Churchill is a great example:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tim-giago/claiming-indian-heritage-_b_83641.html

This guy has ZERO Indian heritage, but claimed it for the career-boosting effect, even dressing up in Indian clothes and beating war drums and stuff.

I think we can probably expect more of these bogus white claims to being multicultural as time goes on. But they're just fucking pathetic, I say. Whites -- and Western Civilization -- have nothing to apologize for. The non-whites of this planet have twice the lifespans they would otherwise thanks our contributions to technology.

Last edited:
And, you're probably not.

One of the biggest myths held by white Americans today is that they all have a Navajo princess or Choctaw warrior-king buried somewhere in the genetic family attic. I can't tell you how many perfectly white-looking people have told me this in my years, including a good friend from college who looks about as "Indian" as Donald Trump. But geneologists who've noted this oft-claimed heritage and looked into it have debunked it.

How does it come to pass? I think part of it sounds romantic: we whites hold American Indians/Native Americans in high regard as a proud, mysterious people (this is unlike blacks... you will never hear whites brag that they have a black ancestor), and gives them a little "multiculti cred" to boot. In America, you're worthless if you're just "white," but if you can claim some exotic ethnic ingredient, well, we all look up to you as "cool." Everthing enforces this message... the media, movies, schools, magazines, you name it. White is boring, anything else is "interesting." Whites are then prompted to hate themselves and want to deny their own whiteness... so, they listen to jazz, wear Bob Marley shirts in college, go volunteer in the inner city, learn Spanish, decorate their houses with African masks, whatever. My parents-in-law have all these paintings and sculptures of black Americans all over their house, for instance (portrait of MLK, etc.).

Ward Churchill is a great example:

Tim Giago: Claiming Indian Heritage Becomes Popular

This guy has ZERO Indian heritage, but claimed it for the career-boosting effect, even dressing up in Indian clothes and beating war drums and stuff.

I think we can probably expect more of these bogus white claims to being multicultural as time goes on. But they're just fucking pathetic, I say. Whites -- and Western Civilization -- have nothing to apologize for. The non-whites of this planet have twice the lifespans they would otherwise thanks our contributions to technology.

How can you say that? You don't know me!

You can tell me that "I may not be...", or that "I may not know...", but don't you dare try to tell me what is or is not in my family tree with a phrase like 'you're probably not'!

-Joe

How can you say that? You don't know me!

You can tell me that "I may not be...", or that "I may not know...", but don't you dare try to tell me what is or is not in my family tree with a phrase like 'you're probably not'!

-Joe

But, he's right. You're probably not.

But, he's right. You're probably not.

You got stones, dude. But that statement just shows how wrong your opinion can be. Are there any other opinions of yours we should question?

Besides, why can't you guys attack my politics and opinions instead of my person so we can have some meaningful debate instead of this same old crap?

-Joe

Last edited:
I didn't state an opinion. I stated an educated guess.

I'd attack your politics, but I really see no point. You see Obama as the second coming, and I see Obama as a racist hack.

I didn't state an opinion. I stated an educated guess.

I'd attack your politics, but I really see no point. You see Obama as the second coming, and I see Obama as a racist hack.

Don't exaggerate dude. I don't see Obama as The Messiah. I think it pretty clear from my posts that I don't even see him as a Saint.

I see him as a leader. A leader with the balls and skills to usurp the scheduled nomination of the DNC's 'patsy de-jour'.

I liken it to a revolution, and he did it from the inside, by inspiring voters to see hope instead of fear.

I know he is no angle. Who among us is? I know he is not perfect. Who among us is? I know he's made mistakes and been stupid. Who among us hasn't? I know he is human and I know I won't like everything he does, but this election excites me.

I am excited because this election is surprising the money behind the power. A year ago I would have bet my house that getting their attention wasn't going to happen without blood.

Very exciting times!

-Joe

i'm still waiting for one of you 0bama nuts to answer me this question. if i went to a church for 20 years and my pastor preached white supremacy would that make me a racist?

Obama's pastor never preached any racial supremacy of any kind, if you guys do not like the idea of a non whites person refusing to kiss the butt of whites and glorify whites thats your problem.

Yet his supports ARE telling you to be afraid. Afraid of McCain, afraid of Palin, AFRAID of the dumb republicans that vote for them. The democrats are ALL about fear. It is one of their best tactics, scaring people into voting for them. The other one is BUYING votes. Obama does them both.

The republicans are all about fear, look at the media machine call Fox--Fauxnews, they specialize in the politics of fear, maybe trhats why so many republicans are gun clutching NRA supporters.

You're probably gonna have to answer something else first: How do you equate Liberation Theology to White Supremacism?

Liberation theology is a branch of social christianity- it doesn't teach superiority of any kind. White Supremacy is a racial theory that whites are best. Liberation theology isn't a supremacist movement in any way shape or form. That is just totally off.

Wikipedia said:
Two of the starting points of Liberation theology are, first, the question of the origin of sin; and secondly, the idea that Christians should make good use of the talents given by God, and that includes intelligence in a general sense, and science in particular. Therefore, these theologians use sociology and economics sciences to understand poverty, since they considered poverty was the source of sin. The methodologies derived from historical materialism, which influenced the development of Liberation theology. They then read the Bible from the new perspective and developed the ethical consequences that led many of them to an active participation in the political life, and to focus on Jesus Christ as not only the Redeemer but also the Liberator of the oppressed. It emphasizes the Christian mission to bring justice to the poor and oppressed, particularly through political activism. Some elements of certain liberation theologies have been rejected by the Catholic Church.

is that all Rev White preached?

My father preached racisim in our house, doesn't make me a racist even though I had to listen to it for 27 years until he died.

My sister preaches racisim, doesn't make me a racist even though I still go to her house for dinner and still sit and listen to the things she says.

Are all the people who attend Trinity racist or just Obama?

Holding someone accountable for the actions and beliefs of another takes away your argument of personal responsibility doesn't it? You seem to think Obama should be responsible for Rev White and somehow needed to do something to "fix" his belief system. Rev White is responsible for his beliefs and words, not Obama and until I hear those words come out of Obama's mouth I refuse to accept those who say he hates me for the color of my skin.

From what I've seen of Obama he cares about ALL Americans.

that's your father, a little bit different, you can't pick your parents. you can pick which church you attend for 20 years.

again nobody answers my question, just sidesteps or ignores it.

that's your father, a little bit different, you can't pick your parents. you can pick which church you attend for 20 years.

again nobody answers my question, just sidesteps or ignores it.

Hey! I gave you a direct answer on page 2... Did you miss it, or did you not like the answer?

-Joe

No. Judgement is something humans have been privileged to do in the privacy of their own minds since the beginning.

Change to ones judgement is also a privilege to all who don't let their own pride get in the way.

-Joe

According to renowned author, Shelby Steele,
"...the reason why we would not elect Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton president is because they are the wrong type of person, the wrong type of Black person.

They are what he calls, "challengers."

On the other hand, the reason so many of us are enthralled by Obama is because he is a different type of Negro.

He is what is known as a "bargainer" and he has made an unspoken bargain with the white voters of America to give them racial absolution."
Isn't this the definition of being non-racist?

Exactly.

Obama is the perfect Black Man for America.
Just like I'm the perfect Native American - we're both half white.

So if you dance, does it just cloud up or something? (sorry, couldn't resist it)

Just like most of the decedents of the people who survived the European conquest of this planet and ended up here in America. Most of us are at least part one thing and part something else. Few of us can trace our roots back too far without finding some genetic surprises or relatives who embarrass us. All of us are in the family of Man.

Some of my relatives are even (gasp!) THESPIANS!

Maybe Obama is the first politician to appeal to lots of different types people because he accepts the fact that he is both black and white. How many of us can truly say that we have come to grips with the skeletons in our own genetic closet.

I know I was shocked to discover that I have English blood in me. Oh the shame of it all!

I saw a program today that says the spread of Mankind across the globe is only 2,000 generations old - and we're all related to a family group that split up in Africa 50,000 years ago. Said that they can prove it through DNA.

There is one race, the human one.

We must be related... nobody seems to have trouble having babies with anyone else - at least on a species level. And if the internet is to be believed some are trying outside our species and yet no babies result - in spite of what you read on the internet...

Space chicks are sluts!

People spread out of Africa across this planet over the course of the last 2,000 generations - proven genetically if you believe the PBS program. We're all African the pale faced geneticist told me...

Does this dashiki make my ass look fat?

When are we going to put the sins of our brothers, especially here in America, where the blender is running at full speed trying to make genetic sense out of the American Experiment, behind us and build a society capable not only of thriving on this planet but dares to look for other planets to explore.

If we were all exactly the same race, we'd INVENT reasons to feel superior to others.

Human beings LOVE to create scapegoat classes. That is one of the least pleasant aspects of our human nature.

Exactly.

So if you dance, does it just cloud up or something? (sorry, couldn't resist it)

Only the faces of my dates during the early '80's

Some of my relatives are even (gasp!) THESPIANS!

Me too brother, I feel your pain...

I know I was shocked to discover that I have English blood in me. Oh the shame of it all!

Could be worse... at least it's not French!

There is one race, the human one.

Can we get an "AMEN!" over here? To go... with a beer.

Space chicks are sluts!

Yeah! Well Earth Girls Are Easy! (Starring Jeff Goldbloom and Gina Davis - in theaters sometime in the '70's

Does this dashiki make my ass look fat?

It's not the dashiki...

...Oh shit! Was that out loud?!?

If we were all exactly the same race, we'd INVENT reasons to feel superior to others.

Human beings LOVE to create scapegoat classes. That is one of the least pleasant aspects of our human nature.

Thanks! The only thing that tastes better than hope is laughter.

-Joe

Forum List

Back