The Wrong Type of Black Person

Yet his supports ARE telling you to be afraid. Afraid of McCain, afraid of Palin, AFRAID of the dumb republicans that vote for them. The democrats are ALL about fear. It is one of their best tactics, scaring people into voting for them. The other one is BUYING votes. Obama does them both.

that is a pretty funny accusation this side of 04's big bad mushroom cloud talking point.

How many church service at TUCC have you attended? The people there are not racists.

How many Klan rallies have you attended? I don't think we need to actually sit through a TUCC service to know that it's the same thing, only for blacks instead of whites.

Bass Man, your new avatar is great, but, uh, doesn't exactly ring with acceptance of other races. No sugar, no cream? We can all figure that one out.

Last edited:
Again, I don't understand the comparison between Liberation Theology and White Supremacism. Somewhat care to explain?

Wikipedia said:
Liberation theology is a school of theology within Christianity, particularly in the Roman Catholic Church. Two of the starting points of Liberation theology are, first, the question of the origin of sin; and secondly, the idea that Christians should make good use of the talents given by God, and that includes intelligence in a general sense, and science in particular. Therefore, these theologians use sociology and economics sciences to understand poverty, since they considered poverty was the source of sin. The methodologies derived from historical materialism, which influenced the development of Liberation theology. They then read the Bible from the new perspective and developed the ethical consequences that led many of them to an active participation in the political life, and to focus on Jesus Christ as not only the Redeemer but also the Liberator of the oppressed. It emphasizes the Christian mission to bring justice to the poor and oppressed, particularly through political activism. Some elements of certain liberation theologies have been rejected by the Catholic Church.

The both need each other to keep their respective memberships up.

Well, as long as there's oppression then there would probably be a market for liberation theology, so I guess you could look at it that way. But I dunno, I know more about the original Latin American Liberation Theology, but don't know much specifically about Black LT. From what I've seen I wouldn't think it is inherently racist, though.

Well, as long as there's oppression then there would probably be a market for liberation theology, so I guess you could look at it that way. But I dunno, I know more about the original Latin American Liberation Theology, but don't know much specifically about Black LT. From what I've seen I wouldn't think it is inherently racist, though.

The fact is that most of what I have heard of Black Liberation Theology is nothing more than explaining the very real history of what happened to Black people in this nation for the last 400+ years.

To the extent that Blacks are angry about getting handed the shitty end of the stick, one can hardly blame them for that.

As to White Supremacy? their theories are all over the board so I'm not certain I can easily encapsulate their many varied theories about race and class they espouse.

Forum List

Back