The Wrath of Michelle O Strikes Again

That's why it's slippery.

Lame, maybe, but in the end it's true with respect to that issue, others have to take on the cost of unrelated people and their reckless habits.

I don't care if people can responsibly care for themselves after they did something stupid, those people aren't the problem. It's when someone's problem becomes the problem of another that I take issue with. If you're reckless with a gun and you shoot yourself in the leg, I don't care, If you shoot someone else in the leg, my opinion greatly changes.

Your post in a way to an extent is similar to the anti-gay marriage crowd that worries it will lead to people getting married to animals or trees. I don't mean that out of disrespect, but to take it to the extreme of your perspective, why have any laws at all? People should know what's right and what's wrong.
Laws that are limited, and it's perfectly clear when they are, are good laws.

The slippery slope laws are not good laws, especially since we are a nation based on common law.

It's pretty simple and clear.

Reality is not some utopia that can be legislated and that reality includes folks who don't act the way you want them to act.

Many laws do just that, they address those folks who don't act the way the society sees as proper. We may just have to agree to disagree, and I have no problem with that.

It's not about the action, it's about how those actions affect me and others...that's really my whole point. I'm surprised of the disagreement from a Conservative about having to foot the bill for another persons lack of responsibility. :dunno:

I don't think we need to go to the point of making laws about fast food and yada yada...but to get closer to the op, I think Michelle Obama encouraging people to eat healthier is the right way to go, but unfortunately she gets assailed by some on the right for it. It's a serious issue that needs to be addressed by the whole country before it gets any worse.

why don't they just teach healthy eating habits in health class....?

the whole food issue that Michelle is pushing is based on/supportive of Obamacare.....meaning that if the government is going to pay for your healthcare the government has the right to encourage/regulate your eating habits.....make no mistake Michelle is just as much a marxist as her husband....despite her penchant for ice cream....

a person should pay for his own health care.....whether he's fit or fat......

i didn't get invited either. It was Mrs. obama's fault.

No doubt. American Thinker (sic) is the right wing loon gossip rag.

American Thinker was just a post off of this:

Rogers not invited to Kenwood wedding that includes Obamas - Chicago Sun-Times

Rogers not invited to Kenwood wedding that includes Obamas

BY MICHAEL SNEED [email protected] June 13, 2012 12:34AM

Michael Sneed is a well-respected Chicago journalist.

She's really not UGLY. She may not be your cup of tea, but come on.

OK I'll give you that. It has a good deal, I suppose, to do with how I think about her as a person. In my perception, her inner ugliness shows through to the outside.
With Rogers, her hotness overwhelms and possible inner ugly :D

Inner ugliness? You mean you don't like her HUSBAND's politics and you're playing guilt by association right? What possible reason would you have for thinking she's an ugly person?

NO! She's got her own inner ugly. A woman who wasn't proud to be an American until her husband was nominated to become President is UGLY. I woman who took a position with a hospital for over $300K AFTER her husband became a Senator, is UGLY. A woman who shows such obvious contempt for the wife od a visiting head of State, is UGLY.
I vehinently disagree with her husband's politics, but I don't perceive him as an ugly, evil person.

i didn't get invited either. It was Mrs. obama's fault.

No doubt. American Thinker (sic) is the right wing loon gossip rag.

American Thinker was just a post off of this:

Rogers not invited to Kenwood wedding that includes Obamas - Chicago Sun-Times

Rogers not invited to Kenwood wedding that includes Obamas

BY MICHAEL SNEED [email protected] June 13, 2012 12:34AM

Michael Sneed is a well-respected Chicago journalist.

maybe there were sparks between Desiree and Barack that Michelle did not like....:D

(that could explain all their separate vacations....)

The coming weekend will be a painful one for Desiree Rogers, the beautiful former White House Social Secretary who discovered that outshining Michelle Obama is a very, very bad idea.
The president is going.

The first lady is going.

First daughters Sasha and Malia will be there.

But Desiree Rogers, the first African-American to become the White House Social Secretary, has been dissed.

maymag_desiree1_HV_20090423144819.jpg

Translation: Rogers has not been invited to the backyard Kenwood wedding this weekend for the daughter of the ultimate White House insider/Rogers' former "closer-than-glue" best friend, White House senior advisor Valerie Jarrett.

For those who do not follow the ins-and-outs of Versailles-on-the-Potomac, Valerie Jarrett is widely regarded as THE most powerful White House advisor of all. Former Obama chiefs of staff Rahm Emanuel and Bill Daley crossed her, and both are back in Chicago. Incidentally, they aren't invited to the wedding either.

Sneed explains the depth of the diss:

Does this all matter? Is it merely catty, trivial, gossipy trash unworthy of a serious political website? In a more serious administration, where cabinet secretaries actually met with the president more than once or twice and exercised substantive responsibilities instead of "czars" personally beholden to the first family, where well defined roles and responsibilities marked the White House bureaucracy, and where the first lady confined her role to symbolic activities and advocacy, the answer would be yes.

But the Obama White House is a different sort of animal entirely. Like a decadent monarchy, the favor of the potentate and the potentate's wife count for much too much in the Obama administration, and the social life, celebrity, and glamour of life at the top seem to eat up far more time than convening cabinet meetings.

We are reduced to reading tea leaves in the social calendar to understand the power dynamics of our national leadership. Another sign of an incipient banana republic.

Read more: Blog: The Wrath of Michelle O Strikes Again

(Pssssttt! Will Michaele and Tareq Salahi be there???)

doubtful.....they've got half the Chicago police force guarding the wedding.....

How about Judge Crater?

it's none of yours or her business what Americans eat.. dumbass.

Slippery slope...It becomes my business, and your business, when these irresponsible eaters need health-care and can't afford it, among other things. Obviously it doesn't include all people that eat like that, but still...

So hit them in the pocketbook. Charge fat people more for health care in stead of making nanny state laws to protect them from their irresponsible behavior.
I struggle to keep weight on my skinny frame. Why should I not be able to purchase high calorie snacks and drinks because YOU lack self control?

You're a shortsighted idiot. You think only fat people get diabetes? Heart disease? Cancer? Massive tooth decay and gum disease that can in fact kill you? Go ahead, eat all the shit you want to "keep weight" on. Then you'll still die from a shitty diet. You'll just be skinny.

OK I'll give you that. It has a good deal, I suppose, to do with how I think about her as a person. In my perception, her inner ugliness shows through to the outside.
With Rogers, her hotness overwhelms and possible inner ugly :D

Inner ugliness? You mean you don't like her HUSBAND's politics and you're playing guilt by association right? What possible reason would you have for thinking she's an ugly person?

NO! She's got her own inner ugly. A woman who wasn't proud to be an American until her husband was nominated to become President is UGLY. I woman who took a position with a hospital for over $300K AFTER her husband became a Senator, is UGLY. A woman who shows such obvious contempt for the wife od a visiting head of State, is UGLY.
I vehinently disagree with her husband's politics, but I don't perceive him as an ugly, evil person.

It's funny. But I kind of get that you're an ugly person inside.

Why are you telling Mrs. Obama how much money she's allowed to make? Isn't that what you ConservaDopes claim we're trying to do by increasing taxes on the rich?

DERPADERPDERPDERPDERP!!!!

Slippery slope...It becomes my business, and your business, when these irresponsible eaters need health-care and can't afford it, among other things. Obviously it doesn't include all people that eat like that, but still...

So hit them in the pocketbook. Charge fat people more for health care in stead of making nanny state laws to protect them from their irresponsible behavior.
I struggle to keep weight on my skinny frame. Why should I not be able to purchase high calorie snacks and drinks because YOU lack self control?

You're a shortsighted idiot. You think only fat people get diabetes? Heart disease? Cancer? Massive tooth decay and gum disease that can in fact kill you? Go ahead, eat all the shit you want to "keep weight" on. Then you'll still die from a shitty diet. You'll just be skinny.
You're an egotistical motherfucker. You have no fucking idea what I eat, how much or how often.
I do love my fried foods, desserts and ice cream, but my sugar is fine, my cholesterol is great and my BMI is about 20. I don't need your help to maintain my weight or my health, thank you.
I'm in pretty damned good shape for almost 63, fatty.

Why are you telling Mrs. Obama how much money she's allowed to make? Isn't that what you ConservaDopes claim we're trying to do by increasing taxes on the rich?

I'm trying to figure out your posts. You make no sense.

Laws that are limited, and it's perfectly clear when they are, are good laws.

The slippery slope laws are not good laws, especially since we are a nation based on common law.

It's pretty simple and clear.

Reality is not some utopia that can be legislated and that reality includes folks who don't act the way you want them to act.

Many laws do just that, they address those folks who don't act the way the society sees as proper. We may just have to agree to disagree, and I have no problem with that.

It's not about the action, it's about how those actions affect me and others...that's really my whole point. I'm surprised of the disagreement from a Conservative about having to foot the bill for another persons lack of responsibility. :dunno:

I don't think we need to go to the point of making laws about fast food and yada yada...but to get closer to the op, I think Michelle Obama encouraging people to eat healthier is the right way to go, but unfortunately she gets assailed by some on the right for it. It's a serious issue that needs to be addressed by the whole country before it gets any worse.

why don't they just teach healthy eating habits in health class....?

the whole food issue that Michelle is pushing is based on/supportive of Obamacare.....meaning that if the government is going to pay for your healthcare the government has the right to encourage/regulate your eating habits.....make no mistake Michelle is just as much a marxist as her husband....despite her penchant for ice cream....

a person should pay for his own health care.....whether he's fit or fat......

The pertinent aspect of this is that what she said was accurate, and "encourage/regulate" doesn't make them synonyms. :thup:

You're an egotistical motherfucker. You have no fucking idea what I eat, how much or how often.
I do love my fried foods, desserts and ice cream, but my sugar is fine, my cholesterol is great and my BMI is about 20. I don't need your help to maintain my weight or my health, thank you.

You said you wanted to eat high-caloric foods. High-caloric foods are usually high in sugar. Unless you're getting those high amounts of calories from eating nothing but fresh fruits and veggies, you are still pumping toxic shit into your body; that's the point.

And call me Fatty all you want. I'd rather be fat, young and intellectual than old, skinny and ignorant.

I like Pizza, Steve.

So you don't see any conflict with her salary more than doubling when her husband was elected to the Senate? Were you BORN this stupid? Or was this the result of some government program?

So you don't see any conflict with her salary more than doubling when her husband was elected to the Senate? Were you BORN this stupid? Or was this the result of some government program?

Conflict? No. What kind of conflict is there? Was her employer coerced into giving her a raise?

Again YOUR the guy who's part of the party who tells us we have no business in other people's bank accounts, so...shut the fuck up, I guess is what I'm telling you...Yeah. That's it.

Shut the fuck up.

You said you wanted to eat high-caloric foods. High-caloric foods are usually high in sugar. Unless you're getting those high amounts of calories from eating nothing but fresh fruits and veggies, you are still pumping toxic shit into your body; that's the point.

And call me Fatty all you want. I'd rather be fat, young and intellectual than old, skinny and ignorant.
Don't worry pal. With your obesity and attitude, the odds of you getting old are slim to none.
Oh! I've yet to see any indication of you being an "intellectual"

I don't eat a lot of sweets, other than the daily pint of Ben and Jerry's. OOPS had a slice of my wife's birthday cake last night. I eat fruit, fresh vegetables and RED MEAT; some of which I shoot and butcher myself. I don't put a lot of crap in my body and I probably drink 2 or 3 12 oz sodas/year. I drink coffee black with sugar and a lot of water because since retiring, I do a lot of work outside on my property and sweat a lot from the exertion. I probably get more exercise backing up my Harley than you get in a year.

Conflict? No. What kind of conflict is there? Was her employer coerced into giving her a raise?

Again YOUR the guy who's part of the party who tells us we have no business in other people's bank accounts, so...shut the fuck up, I guess is what I'm telling you...Yeah. That's it.

Shut the fuck up.

YOU'RE the guy who claims to be an intellectual LO fucking L!

If Michelle wishes to wear designer sweater sets I have no problem. But it's when she and others attempt to diminish Ann's choice in clothing, we have a war on.

It's a clothing thing. Messina is so in love with the runway I want to puke but that's a whole different issue. Vogue no longer rocks. Vogue sucks liberal.

Forum List

Back