The Wrath of Michelle O Strikes Again

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
The coming weekend will be a painful one for Desiree Rogers, the beautiful former White House Social Secretary who discovered that outshining Michelle Obama is a very, very bad idea.
The president is going.

The first lady is going.

First daughters Sasha and Malia will be there.

But Desiree Rogers, the first African-American to become the White House Social Secretary, has been dissed.

maymag_desiree1_HV_20090423144819.jpg

Translation: Rogers has not been invited to the backyard Kenwood wedding this weekend for the daughter of the ultimate White House insider/Rogers' former "closer-than-glue" best friend, White House senior advisor Valerie Jarrett.

For those who do not follow the ins-and-outs of Versailles-on-the-Potomac, Valerie Jarrett is widely regarded as THE most powerful White House advisor of all. Former Obama chiefs of staff Rahm Emanuel and Bill Daley crossed her, and both are back in Chicago. Incidentally, they aren't invited to the wedding either.

Sneed explains the depth of the diss:

Does this all matter? Is it merely catty, trivial, gossipy trash unworthy of a serious political website? In a more serious administration, where cabinet secretaries actually met with the president more than once or twice and exercised substantive responsibilities instead of "czars" personally beholden to the first family, where well defined roles and responsibilities marked the White House bureaucracy, and where the first lady confined her role to symbolic activities and advocacy, the answer would be yes.

But the Obama White House is a different sort of animal entirely. Like a decadent monarchy, the favor of the potentate and the potentate's wife count for much too much in the Obama administration, and the social life, celebrity, and glamour of life at the top seem to eat up far more time than convening cabinet meetings.

We are reduced to reading tea leaves in the social calendar to understand the power dynamics of our national leadership. Another sign of an incipient banana republic.

Read more: Blog: The Wrath of Michelle O Strikes Again

The coming weekend will be a painful one for Desiree Rogers, the beautiful former White House Social Secretary who discovered that outshining Michelle Obama is a very, very bad idea.
The president is going.

The first lady is going.

But Desiree Rogers, the first African-American to become the White House Social Secretary, has been dissed.

Translation: Rogers has not been invited to the backyard Kenwood wedding this weekend for the daughter of the ultimate White House insider/Rogers' former "closer-than-glue" best friend, White House senior advisor Valerie Jarrett.

For those who do not follow the ins-and-outs of Versailles-on-the-Potomac, Valerie Jarrett is widely regarded as THE most powerful White House advisor of all. Former Obama chiefs of staff Rahm Emanuel and Bill Daley crossed her, and both are back in Chicago. Incidentally, they aren't invited to the wedding either.

Does this all matter? Is it merely catty, trivial, gossipy trash unworthy of a serious political website? In a more serious administration, where cabinet secretaries actually met with the president more than once or twice and exercised substantive responsibilities instead of "czars" personally beholden to the first family, where well defined roles and responsibilities marked the White House bureaucracy, and where the first lady confined her role to symbolic activities and advocacy, the answer would be yes.

But the Obama White House is a different sort of animal entirely. Like a decadent monarchy, the favor of the potentate and the potentate's wife count for much too much in the Obama administration, and the social life, celebrity, and glamour of life at the top seem to eat up far more time than convening cabinet meetings.

We are reduced to reading tea leaves in the social calendar to understand the power dynamics of our national leadership. Another sign of an incipient banana republic.

Michelle and Carla. The face says it all. :D

bruni_1716788c.jpg

Last edited:
The president is going.

The first lady is going.

(Pssssttt! Will Michaele and Tareq Salahi be there???)

For those that don't know Michelle fired Desiree Rogers, her social secretary, after she posed in designer clothes and jewellery for Vogue.

For those that don't know Michelle fired Desiree Rogers, her social secretary, after she posed in designer clothes and jewellery for Vogue.

Ok I'll make fun of that, but why is that a firable offense? Again outshinning Michelle?

I couldn't get more than halfway through the op without my conscience beating me over the head with a frying pan for wasting time on this gossipy irrelevance.

:thup:

like the article said.....this just shows the inner workings of the White House.....and how close we are to being a banana republic.....

I couldn't get more than halfway through the op without my conscience beating me over the head with a frying pan for wasting time on this gossipy irrelevance.

:thup:

like the article said.....this just shows the inner workings of the White House.....and how close we are to being a banana republic.....

With Michelle being catty to another female that works there?

I bet that's not the first instance of a first lady overexerting her influence on staff for some fairly irrational reasons. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

The president is going.

The first lady is going.

(Pssssttt! Will Michaele and Tareq Salahi be there???)

doubtful.....they've got half the Chicago police force guarding the wedding.....

Michelle Obama and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby smiled at me!

you really think he'd hit that? I mean someone who eats so healthy she looks like a linebacker, want some hot sauce with them wings, Moochelle.

Michelle Obama and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby smiled at me!

you really think he'd hit that? I mean someone who eats so healthy she looks like a linebacker, want some hot sauce with them wings, Moochelle.

I don't see it, she was on the Daily Show about a month ago and she's in relatively good shape.

Don't let so much obvious hate through, it looks obvious. :thup:

Don't know if he would, but I sure as fuck would. She's hot eight ways from Sunday, definitely the best looking First Lady since Jackie O, and a damn sight better than ANY Republican First Lady...ever. I mean, as much as I'd love to give Barbara Bush a motorboat and all.

Sad that your blind partisanship can't even allow you to see the gorgeousness that is Mrs. Obama.

The president is going.

The first lady is going.

Unhappy about not getting an invite, I see.

Forum List

Back