The World's Most Boring Sport

I will respectfully disagree.

Soccer (I'm American) is a very exciting sport to play.

I will agree that it might not be the most exciting to watch, but I can enjoy it more than I can watching golf, or curling.

I will agree that it might not be the most exciting to watch, but I can enjoy it more than I can watching golf, or curling.

Soccer depends upon the level of the players. The better they are the more interesting it is to watch and I am no fan but I like watching pros at their best.

Yup, golf is sleep inducing but fishing has got to be boring even for those who are doing it. You have to be brain dead to want to watch someone fishing.

Soccer depends upon the level of the players. The better they are the more interesting it is to watch and I am no fan but I like watching pros at their best.

Yup, golf is sleep inducing but fishing has got to be boring even for those who are doing it. You have to be brain dead to want to watch someone fishing.

I saw this thing one time...

EDIT: Found it.

I saw this thing one time...

EDIT: Found it.

I fast forwarded to the end because I wasn't going to waste 25 minutes of my life. :D

I've watched snippets of the Women's World Cup.
USA (ranked #2) plays vs. #1 Germany tomorrow: I'll watch it if I get home in time. Check it out. It's not like there's any exciting football or basketball right now and baseball in middling between Spring and the playoff races.

Soccer is fun to play, but not entertaining to watch (as the Doc already said). But, somehow it's more interesting when it's the World Cup.

I'm going to say that the Dutch team is tied with the Swiss team for most attractive, but they're both eliminated. Japan doesn't seem to have any hot geisha girls, which is probably why they're the defending champs. England has the Three Lionesses, and I'm sort of rooting for them. USA has an effective combination of nice looking women and bull-dikes.

I think Germany has a couple of actual men on the team;
r

With all sports, the more you know about it, the more interesting it is to watch, especially at the top levels.

Football (aka "soccer") has a basic problem in attracting a viewing audience (i.e., advertising money) here in the U.S. The problem is that the higher the competition level, the fewer goals are scored. Most World Cup matches result in only a couple of goals being scored in total. So you are watching for what seems like 6 hours in the hope that you will not be caught napping when an actual goal is scored.

And it cheapens the competition when game-deciding goals are scored on penalty kicks.

I enjoy watching tennis, baseball, HS basketball, golf, and...yes...BOWLING on television. I'd rather read a book than watch American football or soccer.

Tennis used to be the best spectator sport of all, until the topspin lob and hyper-powerful ground strokes made Serve&Volley obsolete.

Don't like soccer, don't watch it.

IMO, baseball is the most boring sport to watch, followed closely by basketball. How many times do you have to watch someone dunk a ball before you are bored with it? And they have what 75475346884336 games in a season. What a snooze fest.

I'd rather read a book than watch American football

I find American Football (as opposed to the EU definition of Football AKA Soccer) to be boring but not the most boring of all.

My problem is that I prefer Rugby which is essentially the same game but it is 90 minutes of non stop action.

Football is 3 to 4 hours of talking heads with the occasional 90 seconds of action interspersed.

Life is too short for that kind of "sport" IMO.

Televised Tomatoes

Soccer gets limited fan appeal in the USA, even though our women's team has done so well in the World Cups.

Field hockey has been gaining in popularity worldwide. India used to be great at men's field hockey.

Badminton is a seemingly boring and hard-to-advertise sport, but Olympics exposure has brought nice attention to stellar players from Indonesia. Badminton involves players hitting a shuttlecock called a 'birdie' across a high net with thin racquets. Badminton is sort of like tennis, but involves more swift and elegant and light-touch racquet motions.

Hey, everything depends on TV coverage. Comic book heroes get more American TV coverage than badminton and soccer...

:afro:

Badminton

nm.jpg

watching bullseye shooting matches is like watching grass grow. I cant believe that it took hundreds of years to introduce steel, reactive targets into the shooting sports.

Forum List

Back