The World Reacts To Trump’s ‘Apocalyptic’ And ‘Dystopian’ Vision

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The world wakes up to Trump

Donald Trump's acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention drew largely negative reactions from much of the rest of the world on Friday, with some labeling it "apocalyptic," "dystopian" and a "horror story."

One writer for Britain's The Guardian wrote that "the ability of this demagogue to play the crowd, switching its anger on and off like a tap, carries too many echoes of the past century to ignore."

The Republican presidential nominee went into the speech having already bewildered much of Europe by suggesting that the United States should ignore its NATO obligations and not always automatically aid a fellow alliance member under attack.

Trump painted a portrait of a U.S. under siege — by crime, illegal immigrants, Islamist terrorists and a rigged political system.

"Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it," the real estate mogul declared.

Garry Kasparov, the former chess champion and Russian political dissident who has run afoul of the Kremlin, tweeted in response: "I’ve heard this sort of speech a lot in the last 15 years and trust me, it doesn’t sound any better in Russian."

More: The World Reacts To Trump’s ‘Apocalyptic’ And ‘Dystopian’ Vision

Scary stuff. No, I'm sure "it doesn't sound any better in Russian"...

Repeating from the OP:

Garry Kasparov, the former chess champion and Russian political dissident who has run afoul of the Kremlin, tweeted in response: "I’ve heard this sort of speech a lot in the last 15 years and trust me, it doesn’t sound any better in Russian."

democrats own doom and gloom. It's funny to watch them shriek intelligibly when someone accurately describes the state of the country. Think about it, happy democrats are less plentiful than flying penguins, even when they get everything they demand.

Donald Trump's acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention drew largely negative reactions from much of the rest of the world on Friday, with some labeling it "apocalyptic," "dystopian" and a "horror story."

One writer for Britain's The Guardian wrote that "the ability of this demagogue to play the crowd, switching its anger on and off like a tap, carries too many echoes of the past century to ignore."

The Republican presidential nominee went into the speech having already bewildered much of Europe by suggesting that the United States should ignore its NATO obligations and not always automatically aid a fellow alliance member under attack.

Trump painted a portrait of a U.S. under siege — by crime, illegal immigrants, Islamist terrorists and a rigged political system.

"Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it," the real estate mogul declared.

I wouldn't be surprised if the pieces of shit at the Guardian are running a Islamic child sex slavery ring.

The only people more stupid than white Democrats are native European leftists.

Garry Kasparov is now just a liberal jerk, one of those Russian opposition-ers who are controlled by Obama's administration.

I bet all the EU "leaders" are confused and scared because Trump said "If a country wants our help they gonna pay for it." No wonder the EU "leaders" will never endorse Trump. Good for Trump though...

Last edited:
It will in fact be the end of the world for you liberals....we have one hell of a mess to clean up and many of you wont make it....

Yup. Echos of fascism.

Yup. Echos of fascism.
Have no fear of the fascists, Hiltery will be defeated handily....

The Trump kids opened the door now for Chelsa Clinton to gush about how Hillary was a great Mom and wife and persecuted those mean old women who exposed Bill for being a serial abuser of women. I know she will also detail how much Hillary pays the females in her campaign as much or more than she pays the males.

Forum List

Back