Unarmed Black Man Shot By Cop; Cop says "IDK why I shot you!"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Fiero425, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Fiero425

Fiero425 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +721
    Cop Who Shot Unarmed Man Missed His Intended Target

- http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cop-who-shot-unarmed-man-missed-his-intended-target/ar-BBuEAQA?ocid=ansmsnnews11 -

The North Miami cop who shot an unarmed man trying to calm a patient with autism was hit accidentally, police union officials said, and the officer believed he was saving that man's life.

The shooting of behavior therapist Charles Kinsey on Monday was caught on a witness's cellphone video and went viral Thursday. It also sparked outrage nationwide as an apparent example of excessive policing against an unarmed black man.

Kinsey, before he was shot in the leg, could be seen lying on the pavement with his hands in the air. He told police that he was unarmed and that the man sitting beside him was autistic and holding a toy truck — not a gun as a 911 caller had claimed.

John Rivera, president of the Police Benevolent Association in Dade County, told reporters Thursday that the officer who fired thought Kinsey's life was in danger.

"It appeared to the officers that the white male was trying to do harm to Mr. Kinsey," Rivera said. "In fearing for Mr. Kinsey's life, the officer discharged his firearm trying to save Mr. Kinsey's life and he missed."

Kinsey, who works at the MacTown Panther Group Homes, said the man with autism ran away, and he was attempting to help him when the police encounter unfolded. Police were responding to a call about a possible suicidal man with a gun.

The unidentified officer, described as a 30-year-old Hispanic, was placed on administrative leave pending an investigation. He could face charges depending on the outcome.

"I took this job to save lives and help people," the officer said in a statement Thursday released by the union. "I did what I had to do in a split second to accomplish that and hate to hear others paint me as something I'm not."

2. Meathead

Meathead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,551
    Do unarmed white men get shot by cops? Is it only newsworthy when it's a black man?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. S.J.

S.J. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,266
    Hey man, why'd you shoot me?

I don't know. Guess I just felt like it. :lol:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  4. Fenton Lum

Fenton Lum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,858
    Why don't you go find us a few examples to read up on.

5. Meathead

Meathead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,551
    They were questions, thus the question marks.

Learn, and stop being a petulant moron.

6. Fenton Lum

Fenton Lum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,858
    ""I took this job to save lives and help people," the officer said in a statement Thursday released by the union. "I did what I had to do in a split second to accomplish that and hate to hear others paint me as something I'm not.""

I gave up on individual racist dicks long ago; they're willfully ill and beyond help. And while this is still a serious societal problem that needs to be dealt with (not that I have any confidence we will), I can almost understand this cop’s sad reflexive actions and then bewilderment post shot.

Look at all the poison going on in this society, and the fear mongering that allows the power structure to pit all the little people against each other. Look at all the sad little people participating in their own subordination willingly hating anyone their puppeteers sic them on. Look at all the sick fucks stoking racial tensions, especially once America got a half black guy in the white house, nah , it wasn’t him, it was ya’ll. Look at all the bogus sleazy attempted justifications for shooting unarmed blacks, especially males, by cops and wanna be cops.

A white guy goes nutso with guns and he’s a lone misfit, black guy does it and an entire group gets broad brushed. But do not question the system, or power, that would be un-American somehow nowadays.

I can see how this poor fuck cop got twisted up in the madness. But he still needs to pay, by not being able to be a cop anymore, at the very least. I don’t give a lone fuck what the constitution says about arms, some folk ain’t got the emotional wherewithal to carry.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Fenton Lum

Fenton Lum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,858
    So you don't have any then, thanks.

8. bendog

bendog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,507
    "Hey I was aiming at the autistic guy, and you got in my way" LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,464
    Is someone preventing you from starting threads about white guys shot by the cops?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,464
    I told him to reach for the sky, but he held his arms out horizontally instead!!!