The ''White Farmer'' speaks

So, you're saying that since she helped a white farmer when she was 17, then she should be exonerated from making any racist remarks now?

you obviously have not listened to the full uncut version of the tape....

:doubt:

just typical!

you obviously have not looked in to all that the farmer couple says on this.....

just typical!

Facts will never get inside these peoples brain cases.

They dont want truth they want republcian talking points

And what are the facts? Lemme see....the facts are that Fox fired Shirley Sherrod. Correct?

see how the fact that this woman was lied about by Brietbart means nothing to them?

And what are the facts? Lemme see....the facts are that Fox fired Shirley Sherrod. Correct?

What seems to be getting buried in all this is that Andrew Breitbart propagated a LIE for the purpose of advancing the rightwing agenda.

If heads are going to roll, so to speak, how about everyone come to their senses and focus on the head most deserving of such a fate.

Zoom, I think you need to repeat your post for the 3rd time in here now. :lol:

So, you're saying that since she helped a white farmer when she was 17, then she should be exonerated from making any racist remarks now?

you obviously have not listened to the full uncut version of the tape....

just typical!

you obviously have not looked in to all that the farmer couple says on this.....

just typical!

No I didn't listen to the entire tape:

I believe she is innocent.

I don't believe Vilseck is competent.

I don't believe you haven't wanted Obama to react.

have you listened to the full uncut version of the tape?

I don't think it matters, from what I understand Breitbart's interest in the video was the reaction of the crowd to Sherrod's comments, a crowd that included the head of the NAACP who just made public declarations of racism against the tea party group, but remained silent about the absolute racism of leaders in the New Black Panther party. It wasn't about Sherrod, but about the apparent approval of her actions and thoughts all those years ago by those listening to her in the crowd that supposedly stand against racism.

I don't think it matters, from what I understand Breitbart's interest in the video was the reaction of the crowd to Sherrod's comments, a crowd that included the head of the NAACP who just made public declarations of racism against the tea party group, but remained silent about the absolute racism of leaders in the New Black Panther party. It wasn't about Sherrod, but about the apparent approval of her actions and thoughts all those years ago by those listening to her in the crowd that supposedly stand against racism.

newby, you are better than this....

YOU HAVE to listen to the entire tape to understand why these people were clapping.... and what they were clapping for in total context.

So, the real question about the "Sherrod forced to resign" part of the story is why the Administration did not care enough about finding out the truth of the matter before forcing Sherrod to pull over to the side of the road and text her resignation?

Does the truth not matter to them? "Just get ahead of the news-cycle is all that's important." Let the bodies fall where they might.

Now they think they might hire her back? Hopefully she has more dignity than to accept.

The whole point of the video is to acknowledge the racist intentions of Ms. Sherrod and the positive and affirmative response she received from her audience. And from today, 7/21/2010, a snip from Ben Jealous public reaction.

"Her actions were shameful. While she went on to explain in the story that she ultimately realized her mistake, as well as the common predicament of working people of all races, she gave no indication she had attempted to right the wrong she had done to this man."

The whole point of this story as I perceive it thus far, is to illustrate that rascism exists everywhere and with it comes power to unite or divide...

Gateway Pundit

I think the important question to be asked about Ms. Sherrod is what has she done since that time in 1986 to help the poor or all races. She claims to have learned from the incident and from what I understand she was 17 at the time it happened. That doesn't make her a bad person. It means she made a mistake in 1986 and she learned from it.

Which of us did not make mistakes at 17?

Immie

I think the important question to be asked about Ms. Sherrod is what has she done since that time in 1986 to help the poor or all races. She claims to have learned from the incident and from what I understand she was 17 at the time it happened. That doesn't make her a bad person. It means she made a mistake in 1986 and she learned from it.

Which of us did not make mistakes at 17?

Immie

Immie, she didn't make a mistake when she was 17, or since, except for excepting a position in the Obama Administration's 4 Year Circle Jerk.

YOU HAVE to listen to the entire tape to understand why these people were clapping.... and what they were clapping for in total context.

Well, I thought you were better than to try to smear Fox news about something so ridiculous as to when a story was released or not released whenever it had nothing to do with the actual story itself, so I guess that makes us even Care.

Is there a link to the entire video anywhere? I haven't seen one anywhere yet. If there is, then I'll watch it. You're saying there wasn't any questionable reaction by the NAACP head and others in the audience whenever she made the remarks about helping the white farmer that would have indicated approval of her actions?

Well, I thought you were better than to try to smear Fox news about something so ridiculous as to when a story was released or not released whenever it had nothing to do with the actual story itself, so I guess that makes us even Care.

Is there a link to the entire video anywhere? I haven't seen one anywhere yet. If there is, then I'll watch it. You're saying there wasn't any questionable reaction by the NAACP head and others in the audience whenever she made the remarks about helping the white farmer that would have indicated approval of her actions?

Here is a link to many of the videos including the one that was 43 minutes long.

Shirley Sherrod SCANDAL: Democrats, Republicans Unite To Insist She Be Rehired (VIDEO)

I realize that it comes from the Huffington Post, but I came across this and thought it might help having all the videos in one place.

Immie

Well, you need to look further Newby, I am NOT trying to smear fox news....this morning 4 different posters from the right wing made claims on this very board on several different threads that Fox News DID NOT REPORT on the story, until AFTER sherrod was asked to resign....

All I did, was google this, to see if what they were saying was true....I found several articles from Fox News CLAIMING that Sherrod was asked to resign shortly AFTER Fox News reported on the story and linked to those articles of Fox saying such....

since then it has been nothing but the right wing trying to twist and turn the TRUTH....

I DID NOT come up with this idea to smear Fox....I only corrected the FALSE information that these 4 different posters were claiming.

that's it....

And yes, I am better than smearing Fox for this, and I have not smeared fox for this...so please show me where you have come up with that crazy idea?:eusa_eh:

Care

A thread called 'Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire' maybe? And I don't see what claims made by posters on here had to do with Fox news reporting the story?

I'm watching the video now, even tho it is 43 minutes long.

Well, you need to look further Newby, I am NOT trying to smear fox news....this morning 4 different posters from the right wing made claims on this very board on several different threads that Fox News DID NOT REPORT on the story, until AFTER sherrod was asked to resign....

All I did, was google this, to see if what they were saying was true....I found several articles from Fox News CLAIMING that Sherrod was asked to resign shortly AFTER Fox News reported on the story and linked to those articles of Fox saying such....

since then it has been nothing but the right wing trying to twist and turn the TRUTH....

I DID NOT come up with this idea to smear Fox....I only corrected the FALSE information that these 4 different posters were claiming.

that's it....

And yes, I am better than smearing Fox for this, and I have not smeared fox for this...so please show me where you have come up with that crazy idea?:eusa_eh:

Care

You told the truth. The smear was what Fox did to Sherrod.

Forum List

Back