The ''White Farmer'' speaks

So, you're saying that since she helped a white farmer when she was 17, then she should be exonerated from making any racist remarks now?

you obviously have not listened to the full uncut version of the tape....

:doubt:

just typical!

you obviously have not looked in to all that the farmer couple says on this.....

just typical!

What you and your fellow idiots fail to realize that it doesn't matter that now 24 years after the fact that she has seen the error of her ways (that is if you believe a racist). The point is she admitted to not doing her best to aid a white farmer, she in fact did "just enough" to keep the white farmer from reporting her. Another point you idiots are missing is the fact that during her recitation the crowd openly approved when she said " I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him." and "I didn’t give him the full force of what I could of."

Now how do you know for a fact that his couple that you calim was the famer refernced was the same farmer Sherrod spoke of? I have my doubts becasue they claim that she helped them while Sherrod admits she didn't. Sherrod simply "took him to a white lawyer that had attended some of the training".

So, you're saying that since she helped a white farmer when she was 17, then she should be exonerated from making any racist remarks now?

just typical!

you obviously have not looked in to all that the farmer couple says on this.....

just typical!

What you and your fellow idiots fail to realize that it doesn't matter that now 24 years after the fact that she has seen the error of her ways (that is if you believe a racist). The point is she admitted to not doing her best to aid a white farmer, she in fact did "just enough" to keep the white farmer from reporting her. Another point you idiots are missing is the fact that during her recitation the crowd openly approved when she said " I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him." and "I didn’t give him the full force of what I could of."

Now how do you know for a fact that his couple that you calim was the famer refernced was the same farmer Sherrod spoke of? I have my doubts becasue they claim that she helped them while Sherrod admits she didn't. Sherrod simply "took him to a white lawyer that had attended some of the training".
And yet another idiot that didn't watch the unedited tape.

just typical!

just typical!

And yet another idiot that didn't watch the unedited tape.

What was different Ravi? I did watch the entire thing.

just typical!

just typical!

sherrod and schooner said so....

do you have some facts that they are not the couple from 24 years ago....or just speculating to keep the story of racism alive? :eusa_eh:

Alice
It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.

alice-in-wonderland-2010-hq-photos5.jpg

sherrod worked for a nonprofit, she was 17 at the time, when she worked to help this white farmer couple....she did not even work for the gvt.

Huh? 17? This happened in 1986.

She and her husband, Roger Spooner, approached Sherrod for help in 1986 when Sherrod worked for a nonprofit that assisted farmers.

From your link in post 7 :

USDA reconsiders firing of Ga. official over speech on race | ajc.com

And in the speech Sherrod says that Capture 12 had just been enacted. That happened in 1986.

Chapter 12: Bankruptcy Relief for Family Farmers

Sherrod was born in 1948.

Resignation of Shirley Sherrod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That would make her 38 years old when this happened.

Last edited:
What I do not understand about this story is how she referred to these people when this occured in 1986. It's not like it was 1960. But 1986 and she was saying she took the farmer to 'his kind'.

Do I understand her story of redemption? Sure I do and I respect her for it. I just do not respect her chosen speech to remember that story to those in attendance.

CaféAuLait;2533438 said:
What I do not understand about this story is how she referred to these people when this occured in 1986. It's not like it was 1960. But 1986 and she was saying she took the farmer to 'his kind'.

Do I understand her story of redemption? Sure I do and I respect her for it. I just do not respect her chosen speech to remember that story to those in attendance.

It sounded to me like she was relaying her thought process when it happened.

Well, I thought you were better than to try to smear Fox news about something so ridiculous as to when a story was released or not released whenever it had nothing to do with the actual story itself, so I guess that makes us even Care.

Is there a link to the entire video anywhere? I haven't seen one anywhere yet. If there is, then I'll watch it. You're saying there wasn't any questionable reaction by the NAACP head and others in the audience whenever she made the remarks about helping the white farmer that would have indicated approval of her actions?

Well, you need to look further Newby, I am NOT trying to smear fox news....this morning 4 different posters from the right wing made claims on this very board on several different threads that Fox News DID NOT REPORT on the story, until AFTER sherrod was asked to resign....

All I did, was google this, to see if what they were saying was true....I found several articles from Fox News CLAIMING that Sherrod was asked to resign shortly AFTER Fox News reported on the story and linked to those articles of Fox saying such....

since then it has been nothing but the right wing trying to twist and turn the TRUTH....

I DID NOT come up with this idea to smear Fox....I only corrected the FALSE information that these 4 different posters were claiming.

that's it....

And yes, I am better than smearing Fox for this, and I have not smeared fox for this...so please show me where you have come up with that crazy idea?:eusa_eh:

Care

You told the truth. The smear was what Fox did to Sherrod.
except FNC DIDNT DO IT
that is the lie that keeps getting repeated

A thread called 'Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire' maybe? And I don't see what claims made by posters on here had to do with Fox news reporting the story?

I'm watching the video now, even tho it is 43 minutes long.

Good, glad you are watching the full video!

Liar liar pants on fire, was NOT directed at FoxNews??? It was directed towards those posters that claimed FOX had not even reported on the sherrod incident until after it was announced that she had resigned....which simply is NOT what Fox News claims.
and FNC didnt do what you are claiming

Good, glad you are watching the full video!

Liar liar pants on fire, was NOT directed at FoxNews??? It was directed towards those posters that claimed FOX had not even reported on the sherrod incident until after it was announced that she had resigned....which simply is NOT what Fox News claims.

See my comments about what I saw, I can't say I was impressed. And you have yet to substantiate in that thread that Fox made any such claim as far as I can see. And so what if they did? What then? So what? What's the significance of it?

Tell me what the significance of the 4 right wing posters claiming that fox reported on this after it was announced that she had already resigned....? Why did they all say this with the precise same lock step words?
BECAUSE SHE HAD ALREADY RESIGNED
why do you insist on continuing this LIE

Tell me what the significance of the 4 right wing posters claiming that fox reported on this after it was announced that she had already resigned....? Why did they all say this with the precise same lock step words?

I have no idea, Care, I didn't see any comments, and I have no idea what posters you're referring too. What they have to do with Fox news is what I can't understand, and why if what you said is true, that they showed the video before her resignation or even claimed that they did, how that has anything to do with anything? I don't understand what you're trying to prove? I honestly don't.

I just showed that what they said was simply NOT TRUE.....

I suppose I could have sat back and let them continue to post such lie....since they still are trying to claim such and posting a link from Fox themselves on it, didn't seem to matter.....

breitbart, fox, naacp and the whitehouse all should be ashamed of themselves on this matter, as far as I am concerned.

Care
NO YOU DID NOT
it IS true

Early this morning, on my local news, they showed a video clip of the ''white farmers'' that Sherrod spoke about....

I cant find that video to post, but i did find this one....the farmer begins to speak at around 1:20.

YouTube - Shirley Sherrod Defended by White farmers Wife; Eloise & Rodger Spooner

The Cons and Repugs were all over this, for about Five Minutes, until they learned that breitbart had lied (AGAIN!!).

This guy has all the reputation of used toilet paper.
PROOF ?????

there is no proof he lied

See my comments about what I saw, I can't say I was impressed. And you have yet to substantiate in that thread that Fox made any such claim as far as I can see. And so what if they did? What then? So what? What's the significance of it?

You are right. She resigned on Monday the 19th according to her about 5PM, Fox did not air the story until that evening.

The story moved from the Internet to Fox News Channel on Monday night.

In seeking her resignation, Sherrod said, a USDA deputy undersecretary told her the story was going to appear on Beck's program late Monday afternoon. Instead, Beck didn't discuss it that day; it first appeared a few hours later on the top-rated prime-time show "The O'Reilly Factor."

Sherrod Case Shows Power Of Conservative Media : NPR

Beck spoke of it Tuesday morning.

Despite claim that "context matters," Beck played heavily edited Sherrod clip on radio | Media Matters for America

The reason this went haywire was because the White House demanded her resignation and then it was reported on.

Shirley Sherrod: White House Forced My Resignation - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

:eusa_eh: FOX themselves are the ones that made the claim that they reported it before she was fired. I think they had the story on the internet but it is hard to prove because they changed the date of the story from the 19th to the 20th.

This was a good interview and presentation. Mrs Spooner sounds like a very humble and gracious woman.

It sounds as if Sherrod got caught letting her hair down 'with her own kind' in relating her anecdote, and the more incriminating snippet was extracted to present to the public. Then, the USDA head, and the White House, reacted without finding out the full facts of the case.

Forum List

Back