The Welfare State-Food Stamp Scam

Yeah, being poor in America is awesome :eusa_eh:

Poor, as defined as no home, no heat, no food.....

....know any one like that?

I do.

Several. They are there if you actually look. But...you know...you have to open your eyes.

That's why I started a charitible organization many years ago. But our resources were not able to meet all the need. I had to make tough choices on who to help and who I had to turn down due to the limits of the donations we received.

Does that mean there are no leeches or welchers? No.

But your logic seems to believe that if you find a leech, that everyone who gets help is a leech. That's some piss poor thinking.

You also seem to think that if you find a leech that means the government has created an unhealthy dependency in everyone who receives help. That is also piss poor thinking.

This is not an either/or proposition. There is a balance.

So even though I have helped many people in dire straits, that does not mean I do not feel anything but contempt for street beggars who are young and able-bodied. But conversely, just because there are able-bodied leeches at road intersections does not mean I write them large upon the entire needy population.

The irony is that the government does not have the manpower to do all the due diligence it takes to ensure those who are truly needy get help and those who are not don't.

I was extremely thorough with my due diligence because I knew that one single case of someone taking advantage of our generosity would destroy our credibility. But that took a great deal of work, and not everyone is as good at it as I am.

1. "Several. They are there if you actually look. But...you know...you have to open your eyes."

You have proven my point....
...is this where I indicate that, in addition to the problem of yours that I pointed out earlier, you have a problem with mathematics?

Several.

Now, study this:
"The number stated that receive any portion of their support from from welfare assistance--including food stamps--it is 29,900,000 or roughly 8% of the total population in the United States.

Read more: What percentage of people in US are on welfare

Do you see the discrepancy? But...you know...you have to open your eyes.

2. "That's why I started a charitible organization many years ago."
That is the blessing of America....people like you, who make that kind of effort.

"I was extremely thorough with my due diligence..."
You deserve credit for your work, and for your intelligent approach to same.

BTW...do you know how much Americans give to charity....voluntarily..?

"Last year Americans gave $300 billion to charity. To put this into perspective, that is almost twice what we spent on consumer electronics equipment—equipment including cell phones, iPods and DVD players. Americans gave three times as much to charity last year as we spent on gambling and ten times as much as we spent on professional sports. America is by far the most charitable country in the world. There is no other country that comes close."
https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/archive/issue.asp?year=2010&month=01

3. As it seems that you have missed the essence my view, let me summarize same.

There exists a 'big government' faction that hopes to ever-increase the numbers accepting largesse. This largesse can only be provided by taking from those who earn, and transferring to those who don't.
And, the way to do so is to convince the earners that there are folks who are poor.
Poverty is no home, no food, no heat.

There are almost none such. You indicated it as 'several.' Not millions.

The millions identified by big government as 'poor' are more correctly characterized as having a bit less.

As someone who ran a charitible organization, I of course got to know all the other charitible organizations in the area.

It may surprise some of you to learn that private charities are taken advantage of just as much as the government is, if not more so. These private charities do not do any due diligence whatsosever.

For example, food baskets. Private charities just take a person's word they need food. They do not ask for evidence of income or an address or anything. My barber works around the corner from a charity and tells me about the big SUVs that park in front of the barbershop out of sight of the charity while they go and get food baskets.

So charities are creating an unhealthy dependency as much as, or more than, the government.

Conservatives don't mind getting screwed out of their money if the private sector does it.

6. Believe it or not, says Carey, Bosh pays her a mere $2,600-a-month in child support!

The Federal Poverty Level (FPL) for a familiy of two is a gross income of $1261 a month.

Florida provides food stamps to families which gross up to 200% of the FPL.

That is like $30,000 a year income.

You're not "poor" if you're bringing in $30,000 a year.

When I was a kid back in the early 80's my Mom had 2 kids (me and my brother) and they got by on 15-18k a year and we didn't need food stamps. Sure things were tight but not uncomfortable..

At any rate I find the idea that a family can get food stamps when they pull in a combined 30k a year.

Oh and Chris Bosh is a total piece of shit for neglecting the mother of his son and his son. Even if they have differences Bosh should still be a man and take care of his kids and the mother of his kids on an $18,000,000 a year salary...

being one step above poor isnt exactly great either. That being said 30k a year doesnt stretch as far as you think.

The Federal Poverty Level (FPL) for a familiy of two is a gross income of $1261 a month.

When I was a kid back in the early 80's my Mom had 2 kids (me and my brother) and they got by on 15-18k a year and we didn't need food stamps. Sure things were tight but not uncomfortable..

At any rate I find the idea that a family can get food stamps when they pull in a combined 30k a year.

Oh and Chris Bosh is a total piece of shit for neglecting the mother of his son and his son. Even if they have differences Bosh should still be a man and take care of his kids and the mother of his kids on an $18,000,000 a year salary...

being one step above poor isnt exactly great either. That being said 30k a year doesnt stretch as far as you think.

So ASPIRE to greater heights and elevate yourself...or is Government in your way?:eusa_whistle:

The US has the wealthiest poor in the world.

Yup. The "poor" in this country make out pretty damned good. Free food, free housing, free phones, free medical, free dental care.

Only problem is that none of it is free. We taxpayers are left holding the bag for their "freebies" and none of the money is ever payed back.

Are you fucking kidding me???

You apparently have absolutely no idea what's going on in other countries....

A poor persons lifestyle here in the US would be an elitists lifestyle in other countries, such as North Korea, several countries in Africa and South America.

The poor in the US are some of the fattest in the US - they're not fucking starving....

You ever been to a "poor area" of a major US city??? these fools are wearing $200.00 shoes, talking on Iphones, they have nice designer clothing and some "bling" to match, yet they live in shitholes and pretend to be poor because ignorant progressives just keep on giving them free "Obama money" because they buy their poverty story....

See you don't know shit.....

You go to North Chicago Illinois and you will see cars parked in front of houses that are worth more THAN THE FUCKING HOUSE ITSELF....

Yeah you will see a tricked out custom pained Chevy Caprice on 20 inch $5,000 per rim Dayton spinners with a custom gold grill all cromed out with a $2,000 stereo system sitting in front of a $30,000 house when the car is worth $30,000 itself...

So how the fuck can one say they're poor when they're driving around in a car that is worth as much as their house, while they wear their 200 dollar shoes with their 200 dollar outfit and their 200 gold grill in their mouth????

Then you progressives say these people are so poor and oppressed??

So ASPIRE to greater heights and elevate yourself...or is Government in your way?:eusa_whistle:
no morons like you are in the way..

Government really has little too do with my current situation. But then again i dont need hyberbole in order to have a point.

I know exactly how far it stretches.....

Problem is most idiots don't comprehend the idea of a family budget... Most people just live beyond their means and rack up epic debt then cry about it....

People need to learn discipline...

Like my dad said the other day - "when you were a boy a 6-pack of Old Style on a Friday night was a treat for me."

They were living on 15-18k a year. Prices of products really hasn't changed since then.

30k a year is MORE than adequate if you live within your means.....

It seems like basic items such as food, utilities and rent/mortgage are the last things on the list to pay for.... The first are cars, phones, computers, shoes, expensive clothing etc...

Of course the same pricks who cry that this is a materialistic nation are the most materialistic.....

Government really has little too do with my current situation. But then again i dont need hyberbole in order to have a point.

How is he in your way???

The T isn't preventing you from doing anything.....

He's not preventing you from investing, starting a business, getting a better education and landing a better job etc....

How is he in your way???

He's not preventing you from investing, starting a business, getting a better education and landing a better job etc....

PlasmaDork knows this...he is in fantasy mode...HOW DARE YOU preclude his fantasy again moi?

/Tongue-in-cheek display...;)

six pack of beer in 1980, $1.25. Price of six pack today 5 bucks and up

I said when I was a boy - not when I was a baby.... My dad was referring to around 1985.

A gallon of milk in 1985 was 2.00 a gallon, and a gallon of milk today is 2.00..

Food is virtually the same price - so is clothing...

Besides, I can get a 6 pack right now for 2.50...

Last edited:

How is he in your way???

Well no, I am sure t supports policies that would work against me. Like student loans etc..cutting welfare so if I was to go to school it could help me stay afloat.

Again this is the same circus as always. Nobody wants to see the system scammed and scammer should be cut down.,

Yup. The "poor" in this country make out pretty damned good. Free food, free housing, free phones, free medical, free dental care.

Only problem is that none of it is free. We taxpayers are left holding the bag for their "freebies" and none of the money is ever payed back.

Are you fucking kidding me???

You apparently have absolutely no idea what's going on in other countries....

A poor persons lifestyle here in the US would be an elitists lifestyle in other countries, such as North Korea, several countries in Africa and South America.

The poor in the US are some of the fattest in the US - they're not fucking starving....

You ever been to a "poor area" of a major US city??? these fools are wearing $200.00 shoes, talking on Iphones, they have nice designer clothing and some "bling" to match, yet they live in shitholes and pretend to be poor because ignorant progressives just keep on giving them free "Obama money" because they buy their poverty story....

See you don't know shit.....

You go to North Chicago Illinois and you will see cars parked in front of houses that are worth more THAN THE FUCKING HOUSE ITSELF....

Yeah you will see a tricked out custom pained Chevy Caprice on 20 inch $5,000 per rim Dayton spinners with a custom gold grill all cromed out with a $2,000 stereo system sitting in front of a $30,000 house when the car is worth $30,000 itself...

So how the fuck can one say they're poor when they're driving around in a car that is worth as much as their house, while they wear their 200 dollar shoes with their 200 dollar outfit and their 200 gold grill in their mouth????

Then you progressives say these people are so poor and oppressed??

Mr. Nick saw a drug dealer and his car once, and thought he was representative of all poor people. :lol:

Several.

Now, study this:
"The number stated that receive any portion of their support from from welfare assistance--including food stamps--it is 29,900,000 or roughly 8% of the total population in the United States.

So? What's your point?

Before the turn of the 20th century, poverty was well above 50 percent.

Since about 1960, it has been held steady at about 15 percent.

Looks to me like government has greatly diminished poverty.

While most of us will have only a fleeting experience with poverty, this has not been true for most of the nation’s life. For most of America’s history, the majority of the population has hovered at or below poverty. Robert Hunter’s classic study of the problem, written at the turn of the last century, estimated that more than 35% of the population was “very poor” and another 50% were “poor”. A study of wages between 1880 and 1910 estimated that 40% of the population was living in poverty, and another 40% were near poor (3). The Nobel Prize winning economist Robert Fogel estimates that by today’s standards, 90% of late 19th century families lived below the poverty line (4). In addition to low wages and meager safety net programs, working people lived under the constant threat of economic depressions (at least five in the 1800s), periodic layoffs, injuries, and sickness.

Link

How is he in your way???

Well no, I am sure t supports policies that would work against me. Like student loans etc..cutting welfare so if I was to go to school it could help me stay afloat.

Again this is the same circus as always. Nobody wants to see the system scammed and scammer should be cut down.,

Idiot - hardly ANYONE is denied a student loan, not to mention the student loan grants actually provide living expenses....

That's how I did it....

I'm not against student loans, I'm not against welfare, however I AM against BOTH being abused and politicians continually allowing the abuse to go on just so they can gain some votes.... AND THAT is exactly what is happening today...

Social welfare should be limited - not indefinite...

You do realize there are families who for generations have been living off of social welfare - they never held a job in their life...... But they vote democrat so its all good with the democrats. We can just raise taxes on the rich in their opinion because these useless retards vote democrat...

Pretty much the leftists steal from the rich and give the the lazy to buy a fucking vote...

That is what welfare is...

How about the money whose father of her children has left her and pays nothing. trackl thje scium back donw and make him pay or tie him to a tree. We have people who need help, eleminate the ones riding the system and we will have plenty for those who really need it.

Forum List

Back