The Welfare State-Food Stamp Scam

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PoliticalChic, Jun 18, 2012.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,952
    On several occasions I've posted data indicating that poverty in America is more illusion than reality.

The definition is a totally fabricated concept, a deus ex machina, designed for the dual purpose of supporting an ever growing government, and to sucker the hand-wringing segment of the population into supporting same.

Now, while material poverty is almost non-existent, there is no doubt that there is a social-poverty problem...one of poverty of character.

In a related story.....

1."Mother of Chris Bosh’s Daughter Applies For Food Stamps

2. The mother of Miami Heat star Chris Bosh‘s 3-year-old daughter is keeping her head above water to scratch and survive another day thanks to food stamps,...

3. ...about the legal battle that Bosh and former live-in galpal Allison Mathis have been waging in three states, Mathis’ lawyer tells me Orlando resident Mathis was laid off from her gig as a secretary in a construction company and this week applied for federal food assistance.

4. Mathis is also expecting to see her home go into foreclosure because the child support Bosh is paying doesn’t cover her mortgage . . .

5. ...she says, she’s tired of the 28-year-old Bosh — who got married last year to Adrienne Bosh and recently celebrated the birth of their son.

6. Believe it or not, says Carey, Bosh pays her a mere $2,600-a-month in child support!

7. According to state guidelines, someone like Bosh whose yearly salary is in the $18 million-range should be paying about $30,000-a-month.

8. My client just lost her job and applied for food stamps for her and Mr. Bosh’s daughter. She’s about to be foreclosed on, he won’t help her..."
    Mother of Chris Bosh’s Daughter Applies For Food Stamps | Crunk + Disorderly

Wondering who would like to sign up to support the extended Bosh family....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. MuadDib

MuadDib He's called The Stig

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    It probably doesn't apply here, but the numbers of morbidly obese people receiving food stamps astounds me.

If you go to Haiti, the Honduras, or go back in time before the Not-So-Great-Society and talked about fat poor people, they would :lmao: and then :wtf:.

Poverty in America is not really poverty.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,578

The Federal Poverty Level (FPL) for a familiy of two is a gross income of $1261 a month.

Florida provides food stamps to families which gross up to 200% of the FPL.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  4. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,578
    Scientific American did an entire issue about world poverty a couple years ago. Obesity in poor countries is rising for the same reason it is here.

Carbs.

Carbs are the cheapest source of food. And carbs are very fattening.

5. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Chris Bosh is an NBA Superstar and he makes $18 million and she only gets $2600 a month? sounds like she needs to re-submit her paperwork to child support, Shaq's ex wife can show her how.

6. Sokar

Sokar Yippiekiyay, mother****er

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    BOOOOSH!! I blame BOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!11

[​IMG]

Oh... hehe. Sorry. Just going ahead and getting the moocher class talking point out of the way.

7. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Actually $2600 a month is alot more than what most people get in child support, now I do think she should get more cause the dude is a millionare but come on $2600 isn't exactly chump change either. Thats $31,200 a year for fucks sake.

8. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,578
    Since the $2600 she is receiving is more than 200% above the FPL for two people, I am guessing there is at least one other child in that household for her to be able to qualify for food stamps.

9. Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +682
    That is like $30,000 a year income.

You're not "poor" if you're bringing in $30,000 a year.

When I was a kid back in the early 80's my Mom had 2 kids (me and my brother) and they got by on 15-18k a year and we didn't need food stamps. Sure things were tight but not uncomfortable..

At any rate I find the idea that a family can get food stamps when they pull in a combined 30k a year.

Oh and Chris Bosh is a total piece of shit for neglecting the mother of his son and his son. Even if they have differences Bosh should still be a man and take care of his kids and the mother of his kids on an $18,000,000 a year salary...

10. Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +682
    Yeah, I thought child support was actually a percentage of the fathers income and not a set rate...