The Weekend Is Over, And The Markets Are Falling Again!!!

The problem with the markets has to point to China right now.

I hear that often lately. Next I hear $120b per year exports to China, out of $18T economy? small problem here unless it tanks WW? Last I heard China been growing 6-10% GDP? is that annual?

The annual GDP for China in 2014 was 7.35. Major issue with China at this point is the unknown how much actual debt they have and the fact their economy is based on a bubble.

China Is Headed for a Debt Meltdown Like the U.S. in 2008 -- But Worse

The China Syndrome

I will only say I had moved only 15% of IRA to money market. Advisor say "don't worry, we not in 2008 again" well he said that last OCT I think.

Shall I say Thanks Obumble, or can I just take it as a GIVEN?

BI ^ | 1-10-2016 | Sam Ro
Sam RoJanuary 10, 2016 World markets are open for Monday trading, and they're down. US futures are in the red with Dow futures down 120 points and S&P 500 futures down 13 points. Asian markets are also set to trade in the red. All this follows last week's bloodletting, which saw the S&P 500 fall 6%. It was the worst first five trading days in history.There's no shortage of explanations for all this: * You have the Fed, which tightened monetary policy with an interest rate hike in December. * You have oil prices, which are a struggling to find...
The monthly interest rate on my U.S. Savings Bonds has declined about 75% in the past three months. The only explanation I've heard is "inflation."

I hear RECESSION!
And you are masturbating about it because you think it will help Trump get elected. Pathetic.

They've been artificially keeping the market alive for 7 years now, and the higher the house of cards is stacked, the flimsier it gets. The next president is gonna have to be a financial genius to deal with this mess.

483208412-real-estate-tycoon-donald-trump-flashes-the-thumbs-up.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg
The market is artificial. Trump is not the Savior.

The problem with the markets has to point to China right now.

I hear that often lately. Next I hear $120b per year exports to China, out of $18T economy? small problem here unless it tanks WW? Last I heard China been growing 6-10% GDP? is that annual?

The annual GDP for China in 2014 was 7.35. Major issue with China at this point is the unknown how much actual debt they have and the fact their economy is based on a bubble.

China Is Headed for a Debt Meltdown Like the U.S. in 2008 -- But Worse

The China Syndrome

The problem with these numbers is they were lying every bit as much as our government was. Right now I can't think of a single government on the planet that actually reports factually.

I will only say I had moved only 15% of IRA to money market. Advisor say "don't worry, we not in 2008 again" well he said that last OCT I think.
A few critical problems to keep in mind :

Chinese accounting is so opaque that total public and private debt that could easily be 10x (stated) GDP

Chinese GDP could easily be half of what is stated.

The US and India are the only ones of top twenty economies raising rates. Everybody else is hitting the QE button so whether or not China does "Meltdown II" bigger and better than the original, hot money is going to pour into and out of the US at the speed of light, which is a badness thing in the short run but great in the longrun.

And that makes the austerity freaks very happy! Anti-America bastard.
No, it isnt anti-American to allow the markets to adjust to where they should be based on economic activity.

What is unAmerican is when the government intervenes in the market and artificially props up some stocks in order to give the public a false perception that the economy is doing well.

A correction is 10% down? A Bear market is 20% down? Stay down for how long?

Everything during BHO years is historic or record setting or the first ever. good or bad. 8 years of hanging by a thread and lied to daily wears on a group of people no matter how strong.
Markets of all kinds retrace large movements by anywhere from 15% to 45% of the initial movement.

We have not yet had a significant retrace of the markets recent inexplicable climb from under 8,000 to over 18,0000

My advisor said the same thing in 2008. He's no longer my advisor, of course.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back