The war on drugs failed so we should end it

Any doctor worth their salt would tell you banning heroine is the only way to go. Do you know of any other doctors that would suggest otherwise?

Don't know, don't care.

I'm fine with whatever you want to put into your body, please grant others the same courtesy.

For God's sake, if we don't have freedom over our own bodies, how can we call this a free country?

You're no better than the Leftist collectivist and their meddling.

You know what it boils down is you're so obsessed with your libertarian dogma that you refuse to care if more people die and more lives are ruined following your rules.

And there's the great irony of it all. I am 100% convinced the illegality of drug use contributes greatly to death by drugs. It exacerbates it by forcing people into black markets, which no laws are EVER going to prevent. Lives are ruined when the cops kick down the door. No, it's your laws that are the real problem, not freedom.

But one last time, that's not the point. My body, not yours.

p.s. Before you launch into an ad hominem, I don't take so much as a Tylenol.

I'm not dense. I understand your position, I just disagree. Also you're not going to end the black market of drug dealing by legalizing. Sorry.

Again you're missing the point. You assume that if something is not made illegal, it must be regulated. That is just not so.

Man you think like a Lefty.

The war on drugs was never a war. We fought it like we fight all our wars today. We should have fought it like we did WWII.

Ironically, doing so would make us a lot more like the enemy we fought against in WWII.

But hey, when isn't a tyranny called for?

The answer to every question for a libertarian is more freedom. That isn't always the answer.

I disagree that is our answer to every question. It is true that when we face societal dilemmas, logic, reason and a firm belief in results over intentions tends to suggest a move towards freedom vs government power is the right direction in which to go, but "more freedom" is simply not the answer to every question asked of of libertarian.

Want to talk about those convicted of stalking, kidnapping, and raping a child? I'm all over less freedom for that.

Forum List

Back