The war on Christmas is over, Christmas won.

The war on Christmas is so phony and overblown anyways.

We have some sporadic kooks who demand that it's All-Inclusive, and we have some sporadic kooks acting like there's a HUGE wave of anti-Christmas out there. Neither is accurate to the population as a whole, but congratulations for biting the Sensationalism the media fed you about the few towns and areas and schools and businesses over the years that made it "Happy Holidays." OHHH NOOOOOsss!

For those in CA, there is a marvelous charity - Schools on Wheels - that provides supplies and support for homeless kids. It's one of our chosen charities this year..... Please consider joining us in helping someone less fortunate!

Keep it in proportion. I promise you this... the world will not end due to a lack of baking.
Typically one wouldn't think so, but when you've got folks 'expecting' the sweet decadent confections that I make every year, it would break my heart to see the sadness on their faces. :lol: I get a lot of pleasure in seeing my loved ones gobble down my goodies!

What and you're are not being enough for the whole class present? *gasp* No recipes?

Merry Christmas
:)

What'cha lookin' for? I've got plenty of recipes and very willing to share!

Merry Christmas!

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

There's no getting out of part of it at least, I'll agree with that. The little people go to school and trade notes about what they got, etc. etc. ad nauseum. You can't have them say "nothing" and expect less than social ostracism for them and a visit from a social worker for the proud parents.

But all things in moderation. Some stuff under the tree, some time spent making bags at the local food pantry, some time spent in observance of the actual reason of the holiday for those who believe....a little balance and perspective goes a long way. ;)

As far as whether somebody tells me "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Christmas" or even forgot altogether and said "Have a nice day", to be honest I can't tell you the last time I really noticed. It's an empty pleasantry, does it matter?

"This season, merry Christmas — not happy holidays or season's greetings — will dominate retailer's marketing messages. There will be Christmas sales and Christmas trees and Christmas carols galore.

That has the American Family Association, arguably one of the loudest voices advocating the use of Christmas in retailer's marketing messages over the past few years, predicting that its crusade could conclude in the next year or two."

'Christmas' is winning 'The War on Christmas' - Business - Consumer news - Holiday retail - msnbc.com

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Ah, the American Family Association...the ones who said that the Medal of Honor has been feminized. What a "with it" group. :lmao:

It's called freedom. You are free to sit in your room and be a grump ass all season too.

I just don't see the big deal about the so called "War on Christmas." It's not like Christmas is actually about Christmas anymore, so who gives a shit.

Not me, but I suspect people who actually care about the birth of the baby Jesus and all that stuff probably give two or three shits at least.

Well, you think they wouldn't pre-empt another religion's holiday to do it, don't you? It's not as if Jesus was actually born in the winter or anything.

"This season, merry Christmas — not happy holidays or season's greetings — will dominate retailer's marketing messages. There will be Christmas sales and Christmas trees and Christmas carols galore.

That has the American Family Association, arguably one of the loudest voices advocating the use of Christmas in retailer's marketing messages over the past few years, predicting that its crusade could conclude in the next year or two."

'Christmas' is winning 'The War on Christmas' - Business - Consumer news - Holiday retail - msnbc.com

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

:clap2:

Yay! Christmas, a totally overly commercialized and materialistic retail holiday has won. America is now a better place. :banana2:

It's called freedom. You are free to sit in your room and be a grump ass all season too.

I just don't see the big deal about the so called "War on Christmas." It's not like Christmas is actually about Christmas anymore, so who gives a shit.

Christians who celebrate Christmas give a shit. That's who. It's a Christian celebration of the birth of CHRIST.

Whatever. Most of the "traditions" of xmas were stolen from the pagans' winter solstice festivals anyway because the church couldn't stamp them out. Who cares? By the way, Jesus wasn't born in the winter time, according to history I've read.

I don't really celebrate xmas, but I do celebrate the solstice. And I have never told anyone that they "can't" celebrate xmas. Overblown crap, if you ask me.

Not me, but I suspect people who actually care about the birth of the baby Jesus and all that stuff probably give two or three shits at least.

Well, you think they wouldn't pre-empt another religion's holiday to do it, don't you? It's not as if Jesus was actually born in the winter or anything.

Another unsupported opinion from bodecea duly noted and summarily dismissed.

Merry Christmas y'all.

And the American Family Accoc. groups comments on boycotting Disneyworld.

One source cites the American Family Association as believing that Timon the meerkat and Pumba the warthog in "Lion King" are not only homosexual lovers, but inter-species lovers as well.

CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN BOYCOTT OF DISNEY

And the link to that "One" source has apparently been redirected.

Shocker! :eek:

:rofl:

PS: If there is anyone left here that hasn't deduced what partisan hack you truly are, they're fucking retarded. :lol:

And the American Family Accoc. groups comments on boycotting Disneyworld.

One source cites the American Family Association as believing that Timon the meerkat and Pumba the warthog in "Lion King" are not only homosexual lovers, but inter-species lovers as well.

CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN BOYCOTT OF DISNEY

And the link to that "One" source has apparently been redirected.

Shocker! :eek:

:rofl:

PS: If there is anyone left here that hasn't deduced what partisan hack you truly are, they're fucking retarded. :lol:

And what does being an atheist have to do with being a partisan hack?

I would bet that several on here see me as less partisan than you in politics.

Darn I am get caught up in that I am not as bad as you crap. arrgh!
It seems that no matter how hard I try I cannot rise above my humanity.
sigh...

Forum List

Back