The "War" against Christmas

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Adam's Apple, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
  2. American_Jihad

American_Jihad Flaming Libs/Koranimals

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,265
    [​IMG]

The Santa Monica Nativity Scene Case: Why We Lost

By William J. Becker, Jr
    11/21/12

---

When Tuesday (11/19/2012), United States District Court Judge Audrey B Collins delivered a 28-page ruling denying my client the right to continue a 59-year-old tradition of exhibiting Nativity scenes along Ocean Boulevard in the City of Santa Monica this Christmas season, another dagger plunged into the heart of America's twilight customs and traditions. The sneered-at "war on Christmas" was effectively lost for good.

I say this even though the case has neither been dismissed (at least not yet) nor declared dead after appeals. Indeed, a hearing on the City of Santa Monica's motion to dismiss our lawsuit is set for December 3, 2012. As lead counsel for the Santa Monica Nativity Scenes Committee, a nonprofit made up of local churches and the police union, it is not my intention to surrender the cause. But the legal theories we presented to support the preservation of the Nativity tradition in Santa Monica and which the court rejected in their entirety are the identical legal theories advanced in opposition to the City's motion to dismiss. Unlike Karl Rove or Allen West, I lack the cheery optimism (or delusional hope) the trend will somehow magically reverse course, carrying us safely back to dock in the port of redemption. I fancy myself an able advocate, not a miracle worker.

Christianity, white men, heterosexuality, meritocracy, Christmas. These are the relics of a distant culture. Let's not kid ourselves. They have been tipping into the abyss for some time. Only now -- plunging as we are with increasing velocity -- do the tremors of our nation's mortality begin to beat their throbbing rhythms insistently.

---

Traditions like the Nativity displays in Palisades Park, religious tolerance and common sense can always look to tomorrow. But, I fear, in my naïve way, not before the gravitational pull of society's regressive "progressive" movement has tired of battle. The secular progressives now have blood on their hands.

Read more: Articles: The Santa Monica Nativity Scene Case: Why We Lost

Naughty or Nice Christmas List 2012

...:D

3. American_Jihad

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,265
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtiVP-E2eFI]Farrakhan and The Islamic Spaceship of Death - YouTube[/ame]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There, there's the great mother wheel...

Farrakhan’s shocking rant on Christmas

12/7/12

---
    Glenn played Farrakhan’s rant on radio today:

“Don’t even tell these black children, ‘Yes, today we’re going to study Christopher Columbus, the man who discovered America.’ Why you lyin’ already? How could he discover America and people were already here?”

“See, but you don’t force them to stop telling lies. It’s Christmas now. Ooh, Christmas is coming. Santa coming, ya know. He’s coming down the chimney with his big fat self and he gon’ leave ‑‑ and you know you ain’t got no chimney, you know. And Santa comin’ and he’s gonna leave under our tree gifts for your child. And your child wake up the next morning, ‘Oh, Mommy, Santa was here last night!’ My mother did that to me. She would tell me when I went to the tree and saw all these gifts under the tree, she said, ‘Yes, son, Santa was here last night.’ I said, “Where did he sleep?” She said, ‘Oh, well, he slept in the tub.’”

---
    Farrakhan

4. Cowman

Cowman Cows Have Liberal Minds

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +714
    God is an asshole.

5. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +592
    Every year. Every year! We have to through the Evangelical's "War on Christmas" nonsense again.

I can't imagine that Christ is pleased with His followers who run around trying to place graven images on courthouse lawns and who spread hatred, division and intolerance in His name.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. American_Jihad

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,265
    You guys with old as part of your user name, is that a dog whistle for 60's hippie burned out from LSD...:eusa_shhh:

I wish you old liberals would live up to your motto "tune in turn on drop out"...:D

7. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    [​IMG]

Yeah....you "gamers" are quite the historians....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bafNxQDUmo]LSD In Psychedelic Science Pt 1/5 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  8. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +592

I did. But, then decided to come back just to irritate people like you with truth and reason.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  9. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,348
    About time we declared War on Christmas

They start the god damned thing right after kids go back to school and carry on into January. It's one freaking day...get it over with

10. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +592

....he says while posting a picture of Santa as his avatar. :D