The Walking Dead (Contains Spoilers)

Iron Head

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2015
The Walking Dead is soap opera for dudes. I have not been so invested in a TV show since Breaking Bad. I feel like a fucking chick.

Glen is dead, and it was a particularly gruesome death caused by that asshole shooting himself in the head, falling onto Glen, then knocking him into the Horde to be eaten alive. It is fucked up moments like this that make me wonder why I am watching this bullshit.

Is Rick bitten or did he just hurt his hand? Will he turn or will he cut off his hand? Is Rick going to die next? Is everyone at Alexandria dead?

I am going to have to go on anti-depressants if I keep watching. Maybe next week the cast will be gang raped by the Wolves right after they eat a basket of puppies, only to later be eaten alive by the horde. Hooray.

• Banned
New theory I just ran across: Glen is not dead. The douchebag fell on Glen, knocked him into the horde, and acted as a shield. In other words, those guts being ripped out and eaten were not Glen's, they belonged to the suicidal douchebag.

Could it be?

I know what you mean....I'm so wrapped up in this show (so no, it's not just a soap opera for dudes :) ).
I don't really think Glen is dead....I think it's just as you said, he was protected by the other body. I still really wonder how he gets out of it though. At first I thought Michone and the others were still in the town so they would do something to pull the walkers out of the alley and away from him. But they left, so I have NO idea!! I also couldn't tell if Rick was bitten or if he had just cut himself with that knife....but he's not in a good spot either now!

This Sunday's show is 90 minutes! I can't wait!

I also couldn't tell if Rick was bitten or if he had just cut himself with that knife....
Went back and double-checked - the way I saw it, Rick cut his hand.
The hand that got injured was holding the shoulder while his other hand was prying out the machete. Left hand, edge of palm by little finger.
I didn't see that any Z's teeth got near his hand.
It still might mean trouble for him, though, getting Z juice in a fresh, apparently deep, cut.
I don't think that Glen is dead, either. The angle on the guts was wrong for them to be his. I feel that faced with a certain, horrible demise, he would have done anything possible to get under the dumpster. Not saying that he didn't get bit, but I'd say - for now - he's possibly still kicking.

I also couldn't tell if Rick was bitten or if he had just cut himself with that knife....
Went back and double-checked - the way I saw it, Rick cut his hand.
The hand that got injured was holding the shoulder while his other hand was prying out the machete. Left hand, edge of palm by little finger.
I didn't see that any Z's teeth got near his hand.
It still might mean trouble for him, though, getting Z juice in a fresh, apparently deep, cut.
I don't think that Glen is dead, either. The angle on the guts was wrong for them to be his. I feel that faced with a certain, horrible demise, he would have done anything possible to get under the dumpster. Not saying that he didn't get bit, but I'd say - for now - he's possibly still kicking.

Another thing that was brought up by my daughter is, everyone else that has ever been torn apart by the walkers ALL were bleeding through their mouths. Glen wasn't. He would have been choking on his own blood.

The Walking Dead is soap opera for dudes. I have not been so invested in a TV show since Breaking Bad. I feel like a fucking chick.

Glen is dead, and it was a particularly gruesome death caused by that asshole shooting himself in the head, falling onto Glen, then knocking him into the Horde to be eaten alive. It is fucked up moments like this that make me wonder why I am watching this bullshit.

Is Rick bitten or did he just hurt his hand? Will he turn or will he cut off his hand? Is Rick going to die next? Is everyone at Alexandria dead?

I am going to have to go on anti-depressants if I keep watching. Maybe next week the cast will be gang raped by the Wolves right after they eat a basket of puppies, only to later be eaten alive by the horde. Hooray.
Glenn's death in the comics was way cooler.

• Banned

Really? I have not read them. It was a downer.

Really? I have not read them. It was a downer.
In the comics he is killed by a ruthless new enemy in one of the most graphic scenes in the comics. They literally bash his head in with spiked baseball bats until it zooms out and you see his body, but where his head was is just a pile of mush. It's one of the most shocking scenes in the comics, but in the context of what is happening, it ends up being one hell of a send off for many people's favorite character. The TV death was a disgrace. I thought this whole season would be leading up to that scene from the comics. As to Rick's hand... I could tell you what happens in the comics but I don't know if that will be a spoiler. Especially since the show has veered so far from what happens in the comics.

As to Rick's hand... I could tell you what happens in the comics but I don't know if that will be a spoiler. Especially since the show has veered so far from what happens in the comics.
Looks like it will continue veering:
The Walking Dead Showrunner Gives Definitive Answer About Rick's Cut Hand
In my opinion, I think that it's a good thing that the show doesn't follow the graphic novels verbatim. If it did, there wouldn't be much doubt or room for discussion about the significance of any given event.

New theory I just ran across: Glen is not dead. The douchebag fell on Glen, knocked him into the horde, and acted as a shield. In other words, those guts being ripped out and eaten were not Glen's, they belonged to the suicidal douchebag.

Could it be?

That is my assumption. I don't think they will let him die yet. And yes I watch WD no matter where I am even when I'm overseas.

Forum List

Back