THE VOICE! Daughter is Auditioning!!!!

I hate the show personally but if you tell us when, I'll watch.

Thanks Sarah...i guess she'll get a call tonight if they want her to come back, if no call, then it's over. If she does go back and makes it on the show, of course it won't air until next fall ( i think )...But ya, everyone will know if it goes that far! :)

Also....i understand some people just don't like these shows. I really do like the Voice because they judge you on your voice, not your looks! I took her to audition for American Idol about 6 yrs ago in Cleveland and it was just a cluster-fuck! Thousands of people, no organization....she was told then she had a beautiful voice, she just wasn't what they were looking for! But yet they would let people through that everyone knew really couldn't sing....just for the entertainment of it! They have to audition 3 or 4 times before actually auditioning in front of the TV judges, so you know they're picking a lot of people that are just goofy and can't carry a note just to make the tv show more entertaining!

Sending good wishes for "the call" for your talented daughter Caroljo. What a wonderful experience for her.

If anyone wants to see what my daughter looks like...go to my page and check out my friends and contacts....she is a member of this board, although she hasn't posted in a LONG time (if a all). Her name is YaMutha.... :) She's a goofball....Lol!

Actually i guess she would be getting the call TONIGHT to come back next week! So I'll know more soon....gosh, i'm not excited for her AT ALL Lol!

Also....i understand some people just don't like these shows. I really do like the Voice because they judge you on your voice, not your looks! I took her to audition for American Idol about 6 yrs ago in Cleveland and it was just a cluster-fuck! Thousands of people, no organization....she was told then she had a beautiful voice, she just wasn't what they were looking for! But yet they would let people through that everyone knew really couldn't sing....just for the entertainment of it! They have to audition 3 or 4 times before actually auditioning in front of the TV judges, so you know they're picking a lot of people that are just goofy and can't carry a note just to make the tv show more entertaining!

I get frustrated with "The Voice" because once they get through the initial auditions, the duals and then solo performances are so over orchestrated you often can't really hear the singer. That is rarely the case on American Idol, X-Factor, or AGT. But you're right that all shows featuring any kind of competition are structured to be as much entertainment as competition. The motive is to lure in as many viewers as possible.

Well.....just one more update
She didn't get her call :( .... But that hasn't discouraged her! They have more tryouts this fall and she's going back then. Still, for the producer to tell her what he did, that's encouraged her to keep trying! Thanks for everyone's well wishes and we'll try again in a few months! :)

My daughter Angela is traveling to Chicago this weekend for The Voice auditions! She was going to go last year but it didn't work out....her brother is taking her, which i feel better about because at least he knows Chicago a little bit! :) I'm so excited for her because this really is her dream....and she's very good!

About 5 yrs ago we went to Cleveland so she could try out for American Idol...what a FARCE! It was so unorganized, and she had to sing infront of a couple people in the middle of Brown Stadium, just to be told she did a fantastic job, her voice is beautiful, but she wasn't what they were looking for. I'm not kidding, those tryouts for Idol are crazy!!

But for the Voice, she has a time to be there, along with so many others, and they are guaranteed to be finished within 4 hrs. So....her time is 7am to 11am, if she makes it she will have to stay another day. If not, she knows she'll be home around 5pm.

She sings just about anything, but i think she's the best at country and blues.......

Good luck to her. I hope she does well. You never know with these shows who they will select and whom they send home, even when they have great talent.

She didn't get her call :( .... But that hasn't discouraged her! They have more tryouts this fall and she's going back then. Still, for the producer to tell her what he did, that's encouraged her to keep trying! Thanks for everyone's well wishes and we'll try again in a few months! :)

Awe, too bad, but tell her to keep trying. Sometimes it takes a few attempts to catch a break.

Tell her to take acting lessons this spring and summer. Having a well developed stage presence will help her move from maybe to definitely.

Wishing her luck as well.

Regards from Rosie

Thanks Rosie.....oh she has stage presence! Actually, if she didn't love singing, she could be a comedian! Lol!

you know something ....they should have called her and not kept her on pins and needles !! that makes me mad !! i am sorry your daughter did not make it this time ,but if she never gives up then she will not fail !!

Thanks Yidnar! I know....she had gotten her hopes up when that happened, but she was still pretty happy with how she did, she'll just need to keep trying. We WILL see her on that show in the next season!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Forum List

Back