The Vikings

[MENTION=4301]boedicca[/MENTION]

Your husband is wrong. The Vikings isn't historically reasonable, it's historically perfect. Being an amateur historian and consumed by antiquity and medieval history, you could call me something of an expert on the matter. Anyone who has read or studied the Norse Sagas and Saxon Chronicles would've been equally astonished by Athelstan's advice to the King of Wessex: employ Roman tactics. It was only after the Saxon theigns began copying Roman manoeuvres that they began to drive the Norsemen back. I have never, ever seen that fact included in any cinematic rendition of Viking/Saxon history.

Then I'd like your opinion.

How does the Disfigured Viking Shaman fit into the historical record.

What's with the hand-licking business?

If they follow the historical Ragnar....well, it looks like they will and I'm not going to spoil it....much...there's a reason for the Northumbria king to have a snake pit...and for us to be introduced to the "blood eagle". :D

If they follow the historical Ragnar....well, it looks like they will and I'm not going to spoil it....much...there's a reason for the Northumbria king to have a snake pit...and for us to be introduced to the "blood eagle". :D

Does Ragnar like snakes?

:eusa_shifty:

Forum List

Back