The US Navy's next advanced aircraft carrier is 70% complete

As a Veteran I'm as patriotic as the next guy but how many more ocean going landing strips do we need in the age of terrorism? The old fat asses in the Pentagon seem to be planning for (fantasizing about) the next great global naval adventure but it ain't gonna happen in the 21st century ICBM nuclear age.
Enough carriers already.

How many carriers did we use in Desert Storm? How many in OIF, and OEF?
Actually, I think we had 1 carrier in the Med and another in the Gulf.

As a Veteran I'm as patriotic as the next guy but how many more ocean going landing strips do we need in the age of terrorism? The old fat asses in the Pentagon seem to be planning for (fantasizing about) the next great global naval adventure but it ain't gonna happen in the 21st century ICBM nuclear age.
Enough carriers already.

How many carriers did we use in Desert Storm? How many in OIF, and OEF?
Actually, I think we had 1 carrier in the Med and another in the Gulf.

In Desert Storm, every single aircraft carrier we had deployed except the USS Forrestal. I know, because I was in her battle group and we left in May after the war and stayed nearly 8 months!

In OIF, there were usually 2 CVBGs in the Gulf, one or two in the IO and another two in the eastern Med.

In OEF, almost all of the initial airstrikes came from carriers as we had no airbases in the entire region until well into the war. There is still usually one CVBG in the Arabian Gulf conducting flight ops into Afghanistan.

Forum List

Back