The Upside of the Theocratic Hobby Lobby Ruling.

It makes it very plain what the Theocratic GOP/Tea Party have in store for this country. A country ruled by the Christian Bible.

And that may well wake up folks in the mid terms.

Amen! This could backfire on Hobby Lobby in a big way - especially with women.

A consequence of their actions. I think HL is primarily motivated by faith, but that has consequences.

Wasn't the owner planning to shut down the entire company if he lost the case?

Do you think the religious rights claus should be removed from the Constitution?

Shallow is a Communist, he wants the first 10 Amendments removed.

Well no.

And basically I have to keep teaching you about the Constitution.

However, Unhinged, you are a bonafide dyed in the wool Confederate, and like to dress up like one in your free time.

Your confederate uniform is right next to the Nazi one.

Oh and, Happy Fourth of July. That's my nation's independence day.

I am sure you will be weeping.

Serious question: are you on drugs?!

This will transcend that, since it ascribes religious "rights" to corporate entities.

Although the Conservative judges are saying the decision is very narrow?

It's not.

There are no boundaries as to what a "corporate entity" can "feel" extreme about and no remedies to employees affected by these extreme corporate religious "feelings".

It's a big win for the Theocratic GOP.

It is another step to corporate personhood that only the Mitt Romney's of the world seem to favor. I think it's a political net win for the Democrats. That it has a religious aspect to it, 5 male justices being the majority, three female justices being the minority, etc...

It has the transcendent quality of being both a women's issue which would help a Clinton candidacy in the General Election along with the overt pro-religion/pro-fat cat quality. A net win probably.

Damn, you are stupid.

This is not another step toward corporate person hood, it is an affirmation of the concept. If you had your way the government would be able to take the money out of your bank account simply because banks don't have a right to privacy. It would be able use your credit cards to pay its bills because credit card companies have no rights. It would be able to publish your medical records because hospitals have no rights. Nothing you do on a daily basis would be possible of corporations didn't have rights.

I know it is really hard for you, but you need to start thinking about what would happen if things actually worked the way you want them to.

Call us when you get back from Fantasy Island fuckstain.

It is another step to corporate personhood that only the Mitt Romney's of the world seem to favor. I think it's a political net win for the Democrats. That it has a religious aspect to it, 5 male justices being the majority, three female justices being the minority, etc...

It has the transcendent quality of being both a women's issue which would help a Clinton candidacy in the General Election along with the overt pro-religion/pro-fat cat quality. A net win probably.

Damn, you are stupid.

This is not another step toward corporate person hood, it is an affirmation of the concept. If you had your way the government would be able to take the money out of your bank account simply because banks don't have a right to privacy. It would be able use your credit cards to pay its bills because credit card companies have no rights. It would be able to publish your medical records because hospitals have no rights. Nothing you do on a daily basis would be possible of corporations didn't have rights.

I know it is really hard for you, but you need to start thinking about what would happen if things actually worked the way you want them to.

Can you tell me what I was wrong about? Other than disagreeing with your ego?

Well, yes.

How could you teach about what you have never read and have zero knowledge of?

Is that right, Comrade?

You have been hitting the Vodka and paint chips hard today, Comrade.

I thought you only celebrate May Day?

However, you still failed in your attempt to revoke the 1st Amendment. You'll continue your war on civil rights, but while 5 Justices remain who support the Constitution, you and your shameful party will continue to lose.

The first applies to people not corporations.

Only a fascist nazi thinks corporations should have the same rights as citizens.

Herr Unhinged.

Really?

You hate the idea that your bank has 4th Amendment rights? Do you know that, without those rights, the government could take every penny that bank has, including all the money in your account?

Feel stupid yet?

Wait , what?

I rushed out a couple of weeks ago to close an account for $1900 because..

Bank of America was ABOUT to turn it over to the GOVERNMENT.

Feel STUPID NOW?

Damn, you are stupid.

Well I think calling her stupid?

That might have been a mistake..

:D

Cute dog.

Hope it got it's heartworm meds..Davey.

You could infect him.

See, you're not even trying. :mad:

You need to entertain me, son. That's what you're here for.

Insects, like you Davey, cannot be entertained.

Since you have no emotions.

I'd bet you on that..but I'd probably be daved.
Of course I have emotions.

But I don't think based solely on them...like progressives do. Like you do.

Yes.

Christians expressed their religious "freedom" over the Jews many times, most notably during the Spanish Inquisition and the Holocaust.

To that sort of "freedom"?

I say, never again.
Pathetic.

Yes..it is Pathetic that people defend Christian Domination.

The results are usually pretty bloody.
You misspelled "progressivism".

Meanwhile, back in reality, Islam is a far greater threat to Judaism than is Christianity.

But you don't dare criticize Islam, do you?

Last edited:
No.

It does not.
Yes, that's why there is only one Christian church, all preaching the same doctrine.

Oh, wait...

What Bible does your church use there Davy? All those Christian churches have different Bibles don't they? Different Gods too eh?

Oh wait........
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You really think you scored a point, don't you?

So you're claiming Southern Baptists believe EXACTLY THE SAME as Russian Orthodox? That Lutherans believe EXACTLY THE SAME as Unitarians?

I'd give you a moment to come to grips with the idiocy of your statement, but eternity wouldn't be enough time.

1. It is not at all "narrow". It puts a religious litmus on health care.
2. It places the religious belief on the employer above the employee.

It's pretty rotten.

And bodes badly for the secular tradition of this country.

It is worth noting here that no woman has been, nor will be, denied access to any contraceptive drug or device of her choice as a result of this ruling, nor as the result of any action by Hobby Lobby. Now you may continue.

Now let's give Hobby Lobby due credit, at least they try to keep women from engaging in "recreational behavior." Mike Lee approves.
Yes, let's keep pretending that HL's insurance doesn't cover 14 other methods of birth control.

I wonder if followers of the Ancient God Cthulu will get the same sort of treatment:

Supreme Court Rules JCPenney Allowed to Sacrifice Employees to Appease Cthulhu July 1, 2014 - Citing the newly-established precedent of corporate-religious exemption, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled Tuesday in favor of JCPenney, upholding the company's right to sacrifice pure-hearted employees in order to assuage the Dread Lord Cthulhu, Bringer of Madness.The Penney estate, devout cultists and owners of the multibillion-dollar chain of mid-range department stores, joined by CEO Mike Ullman, sued the government in 2012 when new federal employee protections made it illegal for them to hire virgin maidens for the sole purpose of spilling their blood on the Altar of the Cosmos, with the hope that such an offering will prolong the Great Old One's slumber in the sunken city of R'lyeh. - See more at: Supreme Court Rules JCPenney Allowed to Sacrifice Employees to Appease Cthulhu - The Moonmont Chronicle

Makes about as much sense.

The first applies to people not corporations.

Only a fascist nazi thinks corporations should have the same rights as citizens.

Herr Unhinged.

Really?

You hate the idea that your bank has 4th Amendment rights? Do you know that, without those rights, the government could take every penny that bank has, including all the money in your account?

Feel stupid yet?

Wait , what?

Feel STUPID NOW?

Not at all, but you will.

How long had it been since you used the account?

Vatican Gives Official Backing To Exorcists

VATICAN CITY (AP) - Exorcists now have a legal weapon at their disposal.

The Vatican has formally recognized the International Association of Exorcists, a group of 250 priests in 30 countries who liberate the faithful from demons.

The Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano reported Tuesday that the Vatican's Congregation for Clergy had approved the organization's statutes and recognized the group under canon law.

MORE: Exorcist Association Gets Green Light From Vatican

The theocratic nightmare will only get worse. Religious nuts will become even nuttier.

Really?

Feel stupid yet?

Wait , what?

Feel STUPID NOW?

:lol:

Now you have to use a qualifier..

Damn, you are stupid.

Well fuckstain,

In another thread on this same topic, you profanely criticized me for overstating what the ruling meant.

In this thread you yourself overstate wht the ruling means.

Nowhere was credit cards mentioned or any of that other bullshit you mentioned. You're scarcely worth the effort any longer.

Well I think calling her stupid?

That might have been a mistake..

:D

Perhaps, but I can live with it. Can she live with being stupid enough to make that post?

That when you attack women, they come to the polls and hit back...yeah, I can be "stupid" enough for that.

Rush calls women sluts; fuckstains like you applaud and you get this as a result:

Screen-Shot-2013-03-12-at-4.22.22-PM.png

In the last few years, the GOP hasn't learned it's lesson with more and more restrictions on women's rights and you'll see likely even greater margins in 2016 regardless of who the nominee on the Democratic side is...if it's Hillary hold on to your hoods.

Wait , what?

Feel STUPID NOW?

:lol:

Now you have to use a qualifier..

The law in some states requires the banks to give the money to the government after a few years. They they hold it in escrow until they find the proper owner. This is an example of how wonderful your government is because they are only taking it to help you.

That doesn't change the fact that corporations have always had rights, and that without them you wouldn't be able to do half the things you do on a daily basis. The fact that the government cheats on those rights just shows why corporations actually need them.

Forum List

Back