The upcoming budget fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
They come back mid September with an October 1 deadline to fund the government in some way shape or form.

The GQP has decided to go back on their word and welsh on the agreement struck back in May to no one's surprise I would imagine.

What do you think will happen?

Personally I say let them shut it down and make McCarthy eat it.

They come back mid September with an October 1 deadline to fund the government in some way shape or form.

The GQP has decided to go back on their word and welsh on the agreement struck back in May to no one's surprise I would imagine.

are you saying they are going to have an actual honest to god budget???

I dont believe that for a minute,,

It wont matter. On 1-1-24 saudi arabia becomes part of BRICS and they'll make it illegal to trade in US dollars.

At that point the US dollar collapses and it's SHTF on a scale undreamt of in your philosophy.

Enjoy our last 4 months!

What do you think will happen? Personally I say let them shut it down and make McCarthy eat it.
1. How has the GOP gone back on their word? Link please.
2. McCarthy will get the Budget passed in regular order
3. The House 2024 Budget

4. The Senate 2024 Budget

5. The WhiteHouse 2024 Budget Request $6.9T

Trump's Budget was $4T and now Biden wants $6.9T. McCarthey better get it back to $4T.

1. How has the GOP gone back on their word? Link please.
Why do you think there is a possible shutdown looming?

YOu guys really need to follow the real world for a change.

What needs to be done is to set the budget to 2015 levels, and then the surplus will be used to pay down the debt for the next ten years.

Republicans don't have that kind of foresight, nor do they have the spines to do it.

Why do you think there is a possible shutdown looming?
You guys really need to follow the real world for a change.
There is a shutdown looming because the Republicans will stick to the deal whereby they raised the Debt Limit and put a cap on spending. The democrats want to spend more in an election year. Not Happening.

That is the real world.

What needs to be done is to set the budget to 2015 levels, and then the surplus will be used to pay down the debt for the next ten years.
Republicans don't have that kind of foresight, nor do they have the spines to do it.
Your math is way off.
There is no surplus, there is a $2T DEFICIT due to the increase in borrowing costs.
The US just had its credit rating downgraded from AAA to AA+ because of the $32T DEBT and the $2T DEFICIT.

1. The US needs to remove the cap on SS to pay for SS
2. The US needs to raise taxes to get to a balanced budget. You cannot cut $2T from the Budget.

There is a shutdown looming because the Republicans will stick to the deal whereby they raised the Debt Limit and put a cap on spending. The democrats want to spend more in an election year. Not Happening.

That is the real world.
That is not what's happening. The aptly named "freedumb caucus" is demanding lower spending levels than the ones they agreed to earlier this year.

Expecting a conservative to keep his word is just silly these days.

Because fucking with our credit rating is what Republicans do…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back