The U. S. is no longer the land of opportunity. Upward mobility has ended.

Wasn't a waiter, Derek, and you're still a poseur and a sock puppet.

As usual, more off-topic noise. You just can't stand me because I have had the things you have only dreamed of. Believe it or not there are people who have things I aspired to, but did not achieve. It is a thing called "life." We adults learn to appreciate our advantages, and to live with our disappointments. Your posting is a classic example of an inferiority complex. You try to knock others down, to build yourself up. I had you pegged right from the start with your first childish, provoking post. By the way, I have reported this latest attack to the Mods. Looks like strike two for you.

wjmw26bu.gif

Last edited:
Pfffft.

I can't stand you because you're a liar, a poseur and a sock puppet.

You're not even from California, and I know it....And you know that I know it.

You need a new avatar...Maybe....

james-garner-maverick1.jpg

or how about.....

2euorhz.jpg

Yeah....That's the ticket....:lol:

You will continue to be the subject as long as you keep trying to pass yourself off as someone that you are not.

You will continue to be the subject as long as you continue to violate one of the forum's top rules: No sock puppet accounts.

Liars, poseurs, frauds and sock puppets like you always end up making themselves the subject, because everything they say and do draws the attention to they themselves.

Pfffft.

I can't stand you because you're a liar, a poseur and a sock puppet.

You're not even from California, and I know it....And you know that I know it.

You need a new avatar...Maybe....

james-garner-maverick1.jpg

or how about.....

2euorhz.jpg

Yeah....That's the ticket....:lol:

No, you can't stand me because I am a winner!

I fail to see your point here. I like James Garner especially in The Thrill of It All, but I don't know who the other guy is. You are off topic, and you have been reported, again.

I notice you have "hit and run" posted on the question of using the word "Retard." You should be afraid of that, it proves you are just an animal at the bottom of the food chain.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T549VoLca_Q"]Not Acceptable R-word PSA - YouTube[/ame]

Please tell us more about your failed career, but do so in a new thread you create. Others have come here for the topic at hand.

b2826905ffed7b5a8a767fdddd67ade5-the-10-excuses-people-make-for-their-failed-athletic-career.jpg

Benched in the game of life, huh!

Hey, why don't we try the topic of this thread?

Unlike some in this thread, I do not have all day to post. I actually have a life, and there are other threads I would like to respond to, rather than playing teat-for-tat with a guy who brags about how much class he has while useing word's like "retard." I can't believe I am addressing a guy who built his career waiting tables at a country club, and now brags about it. Enough time wasted today. Let's see if the Mods will let me do Oddball in, or if they want to "educate" Oddball themselves on how message boards work! :razz:

Here is the OP

Last Friday night it was discussed on Bill Maher's Real Time that America's implied promise that if you worked hard you would own a home, and you could send your children to college is no longer true. This link is to a Time Magazine article that was quoted.

This hit me hard, and causes me to seek out your opinion.

"This week’s cover story in TIME by Rana Foroohar, titled What Ever Happened to Upward Mobility?, examines the opportunity gap in America and why it has gotten so uneven. A recent study from the Pew Charitable Trust found that Americans born in the a family that was one of the bottom fifth in terms of wealth, only had a 17% chance of making into the top two-fifths as an adult. It now appears, as Foroohar points out, that a number of recent studies have shown that it is now easier to move up the income ladder in Europe than it is in America. So much for the land of the opportunity."

Last edited by a moderator:
My family's financial health may have opened some doors, but just like everyone else, I am judged for my accomplishments. Your posting sounds like "Me Too." In fact, in college I wondered if some professors were harder on me because of my socioeconomic level. Anyway you look at it, I had to do the work, and there were students that had father's higher up the food chain than my dad.

I read what you posted. Frankly, I don't believe you. I grew up knowing how the $75,000 a year guy differed from the $150,000 a year guy, and the $300,000 a year guy. You don't have the communications skills of a $150,000 guy. And, your line about knowing a hundred people making $100,000 a year by age 30 on their own. Well........ bull shit. :razz:

I remember throwing a party some years ago, my parents were there, and so was the father of a friend, old Arie Walgreen. Arie seemed to want to impress my father and was telling my dad a story about how he had built Walgreens, and that he had flown in for the day on his private jet.

My father listened politely, and when he left he remarked. "Watch out for that guy. No matter what you have, he has just a little bit better. I'd get rid him." These people are easy to spot, and shut down. The first thing any successful self-made, Nouveau Riche does is attempt to acquire culture and class. Do they read the New York Times or the Washington Post daily? What books have they read in the last month? What is their favorite PBS show? I find you lacking in these area. It comes right through the computer in your posts. My conclusion is "small timer."

People who have money, I mean real money, are busy enjoying life. Anyone who tells you they 'made it all on their own' is lying. There is no such thing as a self-made person - everyone gets some help from someone at some time. One looks for genuine humility, that is a strong indicator of success. Their accomplishments speak louder than words. Remember, if you let people know you have money, they will always try to get you to invest in something.
Through working at numerous country clubs in my younger years, I've literally met and interacted with hundreds of wealthy people....To a man and woman, not a one of them talked shit about how much they made, how "cultured" they were or looked down their noses at hard working people.

You're nothing but the same broke dick poseur that you were the last time you retreaded, Sockboy.

This is what I find interesting about USMB. One minute this poster "knows hundreds of people who made six digits in their early 30s. The next he was a waiter at a country club. I suspect only the latter may be true. It also could explain why Oddball resents financially healthy people. He evidenly spent years kissing moneyed ass for tips! You do spend an inordinate amount of time talking about "looking down their noses at hard working people." Have you seen a doctor about that obsession. You sound like a "trust fund baby, wannabe" to me.

I do agree with Oddball on one point they do not talk about how much money they have made, but they do want to talk to others as to how they can make more. Our family was once invited to a country club for a l'ook see' about joining. My father wisely decide not to spend thousand of dollars every year on country club membership, and opted instead for a swimming pool. My mother liked being able to watch the kids, and our home became a summertime gathering place.

As to name-calling I consider the source, and throw it away. I will object to the use of the word "retard." As any well-informed person knows mental health care professionals label this word in the category of the "Nword." In fact mental health professionals have produced a public service announcement. But, considering your lack of class and culture, your ignorance is to be anticipated.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T549VoLca_Q]Not Acceptable R-word PSA - YouTube[/ame]​

You're aware that you just quoted posts from two different people right?

Also, I never said "hundreds," I said "about 100." Back in the late 1990s I was a member of the Georgian Club in Atlanta and they had mixers and events for young businesspeople.

My family's financial health may have opened some doors, but just like everyone else, I am judged for my accomplishments. Your posting sounds like "Me Too." In fact, in college I wondered if some professors were harder on me because of my socioeconomic level. Anyway you look at it, I had to do the work, and there were students that had father's higher up the food chain than my dad.

I read what you posted. Frankly, I don't believe you. I grew up knowing how the $75,000 a year guy differed from the $150,000 a year guy, and the $300,000 a year guy. You don't have the communications skills of a $150,000 guy. And, your line about knowing a hundred people making $100,000 a year by age 30 on their own. Well........ bull shit. :razz:

I remember throwing a party some years ago, my parents were there, and so was the father of a friend, old Arie Walgreen. Arie seemed to want to impress my father and was telling my dad a story about how he had built Walgreens, and that he had flown in for the day on his private jet.

My father listened politely, and when he left he remarked. "Watch out for that guy. No matter what you have, he has just a little bit better. I'd get rid him." These people are easy to spot, and shut down. The first thing any successful self-made, Nouveau Riche does is attempt to acquire culture and class. Do they read the New York Times or the Washington Post daily? What books have they read in the last month? What is their favorite PBS show? I find you lacking in these area. It comes right through the computer in your posts. My conclusion is "small timer."

People who have money, I mean real money, are busy enjoying life. Anyone who tells you they 'made it all on their own' is lying. There is no such thing as a self-made person - everyone gets some help from someone at some time. One looks for genuine humility, that is a strong indicator of success. Their accomplishments speak louder than words. Remember, if you let people know you have money, they will always try to get you to invest in something.
Through working at numerous country clubs in my younger years, I've literally met and interacted with hundreds of wealthy people....To a man and woman, not a one of them talked shit about how much they made, how "cultured" they were or looked down their noses at hard working people.

You're nothing but the same broke dick poseur that you were the last time you retreaded, Sockboy.

This is what I find interesting about USMB. One minute this poster "knows hundreds of people who made six digits in their early 30s. The next he was a waiter at a country club. I suspect only the latter may be true. It also could explain why Oddball resents financially healthy people. He evidenly spent years kissing moneyed ass for tips! You do spend an inordinate amount of time talking about "looking down their noses at hard working people." Have you seen a doctor about that obsession. You sound like a "trust fund baby, wannabe" to me.

I do agree with Oddball on one point they do not talk about how much money they have made, but they do want to talk to others as to how they can make more. Our family was once invited to a country club for a l'ook see' about joining. My father wisely decide not to spend thousand of dollars every year on country club membership, and opted instead for a swimming pool. My mother liked being able to watch the kids, and our home became a summertime gathering place.

As to name-calling I consider the source, and throw it away. I will object to the use of the word "retard." As any well-informed person knows mental health care professionals label this word in the category of the "Nword." In fact mental health professionals have produced a public service announcement. But, considering your lack of class and culture, your ignorance is to be anticipated.
I meant to say retread, you retarded retread sockboy.

I meant to say retread, you retarded retread sockboy.

Uh, huh...... None-the-less, I made the point about your lack of class, and your use of the word “ret*rd” pretty much shows you to be some kind of bumpkin.

Look, I make my living listening to liars. You learn to look for “tells.’ The above ret*rd post is obviously a poor job of ass-covering. I did enjoy the chuckle at your expense.

Another example, you post a picture of James Garner, and some other guy. You play it like you have some big “revelation.” You do not understand the difference between “what you know” and “what you think you know.” You took a failed shot, and showed us all how far down the food chain you are. Overplaying information is a usual mistake for weak liars. You are an excellent example of “give them enough rope, and they will hang themselves.”

Frankly, I think all this is about your being are angry at me because I shot you down in some thread or another. You think I made a fool out of you. Not true, you made a fool out of yourself by jumping to conclusions and stating your suspicions as facts. You are an inadequate poster. Your mind seems to race like a lawn mower engine without a governor on it. It moves at manic speed, but has no directional control.

While I have only been in message boards for a short time, I have never had to put anyone on “ignore” before. In USMB I have put on Unkotare, Pogo, and perhaps very soon, you, Oddball on “ignore.” As an easy-going guy I wondered why I belong to other message boards, and never have these problems. There is something vicious in USMB, and site management seems to condone it.

So, I have made a decision, I am going to stop posting for a while, but I will be here reading threads. The fun here seems to be taking down posters based upon personalities, not issues. Sorry, but I am not going to play this game, but I will enjoy watching it.

Don't bother responding to this post, because I have nothing more to say to you at this time except, "Knock yourself out, big bad Oddball!"

angry-baby.jpg
angry-baby.jpg
angry-baby.jpg
angry-baby.jpg
angry-baby.jpg
angry-baby.jpg

When I babysit, I get paid!

Last edited:
"Nonetheless" = Tacit admission that you are who I say you are....A retread sock puppet of a permabanned poster who deserved what he got and has no business being here.

Least we cleared that up, Sockboy.

BTW, nothing says "lack of class" better than idle threats to chase people down and shoot them if they disagree with you, Sockboy.

Last edited:
"Nonetheless" = Tacit admission that you are who I say you are....A retread sock puppet of a permabanned poster who deserved what he got and has no business being here.

BTW, nothing says "lack of class" better than idle threats to chase people down and shoot them if they disagree with you, Sockboy.

I never said I was quitting this site. I said I am not posting for a while. I would suggest that you read this thread, especially your posts. You are an embarrassment to yourself, and you don't even know it.

You are so easy to kick, it really is difficult for me to go low profile. It truly is hard to resist helping you look ridiculous. It is just too easy. Do you twist the facts because you are inept, or do you simply not know how to listen?

I found out what I wanted to know here. You just can not help making things up. I never said that I planned to chase anyone down, and shoot them. But, if it happened to a Muslim - I won't be shedding any tears. After all, you don't give a damn about lives lost on 9/11 or the Boston Marathon. Again, you have slipped and given me another "tell," isn't that right "Johnny Jihad?" Things have become clear quickly. You are not very good at building suspense. Everyone in this website has seen the fact/links and the graphics I posted about Muslims. The images are locked into the minds of USMB viewers. There is nothing you can do to change that. Funny thing is you are the one who won't let this subject die. I think it is great that you are that incredibly lacking in communication skills. My work is done on the Muslim topic, my effect has been felt strongly. In fact it was the mods who very nicely asked me to back off Muslims. They have heard enough on the subject also. Too many chicken-shit complaints. Third world Muslims just do not know how to compete with Westerners, so they whine to the mods.

I'd say that "what I thought I knew about you," has become "what I know." You are just a third world murdering Muslim terrorist supporter desperately looking for a way to get at me. Muslims are easy to take out in posting, their education is third rate. The only question left is why do the mods in this site tolerate your ilk? My guess is they realize you are certainly no challenge to real educated Americans. We know how to deal with the animalistic end of the food chain.

bth_HulkKickinghulk06.gif
kick_the_baby_animated_gif_by_fartoons-d48hw0q.gif

It's been fun kicking your ass. I'll miss it!
But, I'll be back.

Last edited:
Let's see if there are any prospective millionaires on this board.

Question: You only need two things to become a successful entrepreneur. Name the two.

I'd say a good (new) idea and the drive to implement it.

Disruptive technology is almost always successful.

Thousands of years ago men hunted meat with a spear. They had to get within a few feet of their formidable prey (antlers, horns, teeth, hooves), putting themselves at risk. Then, some guy invented the bow and arrow, substantially reducing that risk. Then the gun, further reducing the risk and way more effective. Both examples of disruptive technology.
Flash forward a few thousand years.
25 years ago, you could find a phone booth within a few blocks of anywhere you were, so you could make a phone call. Then, some guy invented the cellular phone. You could carry your phone and make a phone call whenever you wanted to. How often do you see a phone booth these days? Another example of disruptive technology.
When Bill Gates said he saw a world where every house had a personal computer people told him he was crazy. He helped make it a possibility because he was as crazy as they said. Again, disruptive technology.

1. Five years total working capital.

2. Know who to hire.

Let's see if there are any prospective millionaires on this board.

Question: You only need two things to become a successful entrepreneur. Name the two.

Thousands of years ago men hunted meat with a spear. They had to get within a few feet of their formidable prey (antlers, horns, teeth, hooves), putting themselves at risk. Then, some guy invented the bow and arrow, substantially reducing that risk. Then the gun, further reducing the risk and way more effective. Both examples of disruptive technology.
25 years ago, you could find a phone booth within a few blocks of anywhere you were, so you could make a phone call. Then, some guy invented the cellular phone. You could carry your phone and make a phone call whenever you wanted to. How often do you see a phone booth these days? Another example of disruptive technology.
When Bill Gates said he saw a world where every house had a personal computer people told him he was crazy. He helped make it a possibility because he was as crazy as they said. Again, disruptive technology.

2. Know who to hire.

Draper says:

1. A partner that has skills you don't
2. Desire

2. Know who to hire.

Draper says:

1. A partner that has skills you don't
2. Desire

Why would you want a partner to share profits when you can hire talent and deduct the cost?

Desire to be rich? Really?

According to the IRS statistics for 2011, there were just as many people with college degrees compared to people with a just a HS education earning the same wages. What this means is there is not many job positions for all these new graduates from college. Another factor is foreign immigrants who are young, already are college educated are coming in large numbers competing with American born college graduates.

Since businesses get a tax incentive to hire foreigners, they are choosing them over American born citizens.

What tax incentive?

I never said I was quitting this site. I said I am not posting for a while. I would suggest that you read this thread, especially your posts. You are an embarrassment to yourself, and you don't even know it.
Liar.

You were banned again for being the sock puppet that you are.

Sorry Oddball, I can not read your post or your PM. I was not joking when I said I was putting you on ignore. Distraction from the topic, and name-calling have been your ploy to push the Muslim agenda. You contribute nothing to the thread in terms of new ideas, a thought-out perspective, or fact/links.

18335_292066745604_6338238_a.jpg

I merely push a button, and you are gone from my world. Kind of like a drone strike isn't it? So, easy!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back