The U.S. Continues to pay for the Mistakes of The Bush Administration

The haters are the far rightoid reactionary wing nuts, Dogbert.

They hate because they are wrong. They hate because their hearts are not right. They hate because they cannot understand that the Constitution applies to them as it does to all of us.

They abhor Constitutional process, and they have lost the election, and that is what they hate most of all.

They have drank the Reagantoid koolaide and are poisoned politically.

Did I confuse you dumbfuck? GOOD. Go re-read the thread dipshit.

I've already proven you wrong and the group of you saying I'm unAmerican are batshit insane.

You've done nothing of the sort, and YOU are exactly what I said you were. You're a Poseur. You're a welfare recipient that has an AXE to grind.

Your responses are proof enough and YOU DO hate America, and too fuckin' lazy to do for yourself. ADMIT IT.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You've done nothing of the sort, and YOU are exactly what I said you were. You're a Poseur. You're a welfare recipient that has an AXE to grind.

Your responses are proof enough and YOU DO hate America, and too fuckin' lazy to do for yourself. ADMIT IT.

I am neither a Welfare recipient and I don't hate America. So you're wrong on both counts and a liar. Congrats.

say something nice about America. Go ahead we dare you.. Give us the ten things you love about AMerica..

U.S. settles suit with Muslims in post-9/11 abuse | Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. government will pay $1.26 million to five Muslim men detained for months without charges after the September 11 attacks who sued for unlawful imprisonment and abuse, their lawyers said on Tuesday.

The men claimed they suffered inhumane and degrading treatment in a Brooklyn detention center, including solitary confinement, severe beatings, incessant verbal abuse and a blackout on communications with their families and attorneys.

The Justice Department agreed to settle the suit, which was filed in 2002 after hundreds of immigrants were rounded up and held for months following the attacks, according to the CCR.

A spokesman for the U.S. Justice Department was not immediately available to comment on the settlement, in which the U.S. government admits no liability or fault. The five men were all eventually released after being cleared of any connection to terrorism but then deported.

The two were arrested on Sept 30, 2001, and held for eight months even after an FBI memo from December 7 stated they were cleared of links to terrorist groups, the lawsuit said.

A 2003 report by Justice Department's Office of the Inspector General found that some prison officers slammed detainees against walls, twisted their arms and hands in painful ways, stepped on their leg restraint chains and punished them by keeping them restrained for long periods.

The report said videotapes showed some detention center staff "misused strip searches and restraints to punish detainees and that officers improperly and illegally recorded detainees' meetings with their attorneys."

The lawsuit said some of the plaintiffs, upon entering the jail, had their faces smashed into a wall where a blood-smeared American flag T-shirt was taped and told "welcome to America," according to the lawsuit.

I should say this surprises me but it doesn't. Instead, it just disgusts me.

course it does You are VP of the Hate America club.. so no surprises there.. thanks for posting.

Do you two have history or am I missing something? Dogbert are you saying that you think the Bush Administration is at fault and the U.S. Government deserves to be sued and pay the settlement or are you saying that you think it crap we are paying the settlement?

willow and T and the others remind me of the stalinists' overthrow in East Germany that we celebrate tomorrow night.

The 20th anniversary of the end of communist evil.

Nineteen years from now we will still be celebrating the overthrow of the reaganites' final presentation of perversion in the ticket of McCain and Palin.

Last edited:
say something nice about America. Go ahead we dare you.. Give us the ten things you love about AMerica..

In no special order:

1.) Freedom of Speech

2.) Our Brave Veterans

3.) Due Process

4.) Capitalism

5.) Baseball

6.) Democracy

7.) Friendliness (It still exists)

8.) The fact that anyone can run for political office.

9.) Freedom of Religion

10.) The Fact I can make this list.

Do you two have history or am I missing something? Dogbert are you saying that you think the Bush Administration is at fault and the U.S. Government deserves to be sued and pay the settlement or are you saying that you think it crap we are paying the settlement?

I think the Bush Administration is at fault and that we should pay whatever damages occurred. We did the same when we wrongly imprisoned people during WWII. This is nothing new.

Shit ... 10 months after Obama took office and my prediction is still holding true:

Anything bad, in spite of Obama's ability to stop it, will be blamed on Bush.

Anything good, even if it's because of Bush's policies, will be credited to Obama.

This is why I hate Obamaborg.

Shit ... 10 months after Obama took office and my prediction is still holding true:

Anything good, even if it's because of Bush's policies, will be credited to Obama.

Except this is a lawsuit that's judgment just came out. This happened years ago. Please join the rest of us in reality.

With you, I think a sock and some duct tape would work just fine, Dogbert. :lol:

If I had said I wish people like Sarah Palin should be killed, you'd be in the thread bitching so fast.

No I wouldn't, because I know it wasn't meant as a direct threat coming from you. I would know it was a figure of speech, Dogbert. Lighten up a little OK? Put that Dogbert grin that everyone knows back on your face.

Except this is a lawsuit that's judgment just came out. This happened years ago. Please join the rest of us in reality.

Meh ...

I have a word for it - being 'Clintoned'.

The righties started this shit when Clinton finished his presidency - anything bad that happened to Bush (think 9-11) was Clinton's fault, anything good was due to the Rep Congress or Bush...

That is why I hate Bushbabies..:cool:

The righties started this shit when Clinton finished his presidency - anything bad that happened to Bush (think 9-11) was Clinton's fault, anything good was due to the Rep Congress or Bush...

why do you have so much invested one way or another??? doyathink?

A "list" of the Bush "successes" would help.

U.S. settles suit with Muslims in post-9/11 abuse | Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. government will pay $1.26 million to five Muslim men detained for months without charges after the September 11 attacks who sued for unlawful imprisonment and abuse, their lawyers said on Tuesday.

The men claimed they suffered inhumane and degrading treatment in a Brooklyn detention center, including solitary confinement, severe beatings, incessant verbal abuse and a blackout on communications with their families and attorneys.

The Justice Department agreed to settle the suit, which was filed in 2002 after hundreds of immigrants were rounded up and held for months following the attacks, according to the CCR.

A spokesman for the U.S. Justice Department was not immediately available to comment on the settlement, in which the U.S. government admits no liability or fault. The five men were all eventually released after being cleared of any connection to terrorism but then deported.

The two were arrested on Sept 30, 2001, and held for eight months even after an FBI memo from December 7 stated they were cleared of links to terrorist groups, the lawsuit said.

A 2003 report by Justice Department's Office of the Inspector General found that some prison officers slammed detainees against walls, twisted their arms and hands in painful ways, stepped on their leg restraint chains and punished them by keeping them restrained for long periods.

The report said videotapes showed some detention center staff "misused strip searches and restraints to punish detainees and that officers improperly and illegally recorded detainees' meetings with their attorneys."

The lawsuit said some of the plaintiffs, upon entering the jail, had their faces smashed into a wall where a blood-smeared American flag T-shirt was taped and told "welcome to America," according to the lawsuit.

I should say this surprises me but it doesn't. Instead, it just disgusts me.

*yawn* Again

Yeah, you're quite the centrist.:cuckoo:

Bushbots piss me off to ... ;)

Is Obama going to get credit for starting TWO wars and botching both of them?

Does Obama get credit for allowing our nation to be attacked on 9-11?

Does Obama get credit for letting Bin Laden escape?

Does Obama get credit for staying on vacation and doing nothing during Katrina?

Does Obama get credit for throwing the nation into the worst recession in 70 years?

Damn Obama gets all the breaks

Good to see the rabid right is back to accusing people of hating America for daring to talk about their glaring mistakes.

Forum List

Back