The U.S. Continues to pay for the Mistakes of The Bush Administration

Christ on a bike..... Dubya has started a think tank!

at least it is set up in a picturesque environment.

19929_11.jpg

9/11 happened less than 9 months into the Bush presidency; at that time, the left went wild, blaming Bush for 'allowing' the attacks to take place and implying he would be held 'totally' responsible for any future attacks. Now, 11 months into the new administration, and all this guy can do IS blame Bush & try to take 'citizens' rights and freedoms while apologizing for the United States. He shows NO pride in this county' people or this nation's accomplishment. When will YOU, hold him, accountable?

I wasn't involved in politics at the time but I recall the nation rallying around the President and his approval rating kissing 90% in the aftermath of 9/11.

Do you remember why the nation 'rallied around him'?
It was because he reminded us that this was a great country and worth defending. He did not blame the previous administration, he did not excuse the actions of the terrorists because they had a rough life (who hasn't?), he said we were going after the ones that did this. He did all that after being accused of stealing the election (and ACORN wasn't 'aquiring' votes for him, and there were no thugs marching in military style gear trying to intimidate voters). He went to congress for a vote to take military action (a congress that had the information to make an educated decision, but like other bills put in front of congress, most probably did not read it), AND CONGRESS VOTED FOR THE USA TO TAKE MILITARY ACTION (IRAQ WAR). It was legal.

Once the bills (payment due) started coming in, many in congress with no fortitude, claimed the war was unecessary, illegal, falsely represented, otherwise in CYA mode to convince voters to turn on the president and not them. Bush was the stand up MAN, and took the critics and their comments in stride. He did not whine, and blame Clinton, and apologize for the existance of the USA. He was not the best president for domestic policies, his willingness to 'reach across the aisle', gave us some bad, unconservative programs. He was however, A LEADER, and as such stands in stark contrast to the indecisive (except when it is taking citizen rights), weak person, that has the other nations are laughing, and our enemies bullying.

Kool-aid! get your kool-aid!

Where do we begin? Bush had unprecidented support both at home and abroad after 9-11 He chose to act unilaterally and ignore the urgings of the entire world to not rush in. Congress gave Bush its blessing to attack Iraq if he thought it was necessary. Bush took three months to build up troop strenth while UN inspectors were looking for WMDs. Hans Blick specifically told Bush he did not see any evidence of WMDs and urged Bush to hold back his inasion. It was a Bush decision to invade NOW before it became clear Iraq was no threat. I'm not even going to address the vote counting nonsense that went on in Florida. It makes ACORN look like a church group.
Bush did not blame Clinton because Clinton left him a booming economy and a balanced budget.
No doubt that Bush was a LEADER, the worst kind of leader. One who does not listen to those who have other opinions, one who leaps first and asks questions later, one who lives on "my way or the highway"

I wasn't involved in politics at the time but I recall the nation rallying around the President and his approval rating kissing 90% in the aftermath of 9/11.

Do you remember why the nation 'rallied around him'?
It was because he reminded us that this was a great country and worth defending. He did not blame the previous administration, he did not excuse the actions of the terrorists because they had a rough life (who hasn't?), he said we were going after the ones that did this. He did all that after being accused of stealing the election (and ACORN wasn't 'aquiring' votes for him, and there were no thugs marching in military style gear trying to intimidate voters). He went to congress for a vote to take military action (a congress that had the information to make an educated decision, but like other bills put in front of congress, most probably did not read it), AND CONGRESS VOTED FOR THE USA TO TAKE MILITARY ACTION (IRAQ WAR). It was legal.

Once the bills (payment due) started coming in, many in congress with no fortitude, claimed the war was unecessary, illegal, falsely represented, otherwise in CYA mode to convince voters to turn on the president and not them. Bush was the stand up MAN, and took the critics and their comments in stride. He did not whine, and blame Clinton, and apologize for the existance of the USA. He was not the best president for domestic policies, his willingness to 'reach across the aisle', gave us some bad, unconservative programs. He was however, A LEADER, and as such stands in stark contrast to the indecisive (except when it is taking citizen rights), weak person, that has the other nations are laughing, and our enemies bullying.

Kool-aid! get your kool-aid!

Where do we begin? Bush had unprecidented support both at home and abroad after 9-11 He chose to act unilaterally and ignore the urgings of the entire world to not rush in. Congress gave Bush its blessing to attack Iraq if he thought it was necessary. Bush took three months to build up troop strenth while UN inspectors were looking for WMDs. Hans Blick specifically told Bush he did not see any evidence of WMDs and urged Bush to hold back his inasion. It was a Bush decision to invade NOW before it became clear Iraq was no threat. I'm not even going to address the vote counting nonsense that went on in Florida. It makes ACORN look like a church group.
Bush did not blame Clinton because Clinton left him a booming economy and a balanced budget.
No doubt that Bush was a LEADER, the worst kind of leader. One who does not listen to those who have other opinions, one who leaps first and asks questions later, one who lives on "my way or the highway"

Where do we begin? Bush had unprecidented support both at home and abroad after 9-11 He chose to act unilaterally and ignore the urgings of the entire world to not rush in.

How do you have unprecidented support from home and abroad when the entire world is urging you not to rush in?

Congress gave Bush its blessing to attack Iraq if he thought it was necessary.

Obama did not give him support, in fact he spoke out against it.

Hans Blick specifically told Bush he did not see any evidence of WMDs and urged Bush to hold back his inasion. It was a Bush decision to invade NOW before it became clear Iraq was no threat.

OK, I'll give you the point that invading Iraq might not have been the best move the U.S. ever made but when your intelligenace arm is saying one thing and some German dude is saying no, I'll go for moving in and checking it out 7 days out of the week. Imagine if the situation was reversed and we did not move on Iraq. Then they did have a weapon and they sold it to al qaeda. Would you feel ok with an "Opps, my bad" from the German Dude. Don't forget that Saddam didn't exactly open all the doors for Blick and his investigators, it was a constant game!!! And we did find evidenace to show Iraq was working on weapons even if we didn't find any actual material. ALSO, let's not forget we built up the invasion for three months!!! Alot of shit can be moved in three months. We still don't know for sure it wasn't there and if it was, who knows where it is now???

I'm not even going to address the vote counting nonsense that went on in Florida. It makes ACORN look like a church group.

Well you kinda just did! But since you kept it short all I'm going to say is Bush Won, deal with it!!! If you're still having issues with the 2000 presidential election you need to seek therapy. It's going to be OK, we are all here for you, we understand your pain, and we only want to see you get better... Don't forget your breathing, "Bush Lied, Boys Died, Bush Lied, Boys Dies" Breath In, Breath Out... "Bush Lied, Boys Died, Bush Lied, Boys Died...
It's going to be ok.

REALLY come on! Clinton took over a booming economy from 8 years of Reagan and 4 years of Bush Sr. He took the ball and ran with it, all the while raising taxes and sending good american jobs over seas. The Clinton economy was not booming It was about to fizzle out, but all that was masked by the 9-11 attacks which took credit for the economic slump we fell into, which Bush had deal with.

WHY DO YOU CALL YOUR SELF RIGHT WINGER??? your posts always seem to take this far left turn, are you a closet liberal? You Slam Bush an awful lot, I didn't like many things bush did either but I if I had a choice to go back to Bush right now I'd do it in a slippery second. Do you think Bush was not RIGHT WING enough for you??? I DON'T GET IT. When I see your username and avatar I think here's a good guy, but when I read your words I think to myself, why doesn't this person have a name like treehugger and a peace symbol as avatar.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

Quote:

Obama was right

Quote:
Hans Blick specifically told Bush he did not see any evidence of WMDs and urged Bush to hold back his inasion. It was a Bush decision to invade NOW before it became clear Iraq was no threat.
OK, I'll give you the point that invading Iraq might not have been the best move the U.S. ever made but when your intelligenace arm is saying one thing and some German dude is saying no, I'll go for moving in and checking it out 7 days out of the week. Imagine if the situation was reversed and we did not move on Iraq. Then they did have a weapon and they sold it to al qaeda. Would you feel ok with an "Opps, my bad" from the German Dude. Don't forget that Saddam didn't exactly open all the doors for Blick and his investigators, it was a constant game!!! And we did find evidenace to show Iraq was working on weapons even if we didn't find any actual material. ALSO, let's not forget we built up the invasion for three months!!! Alot of shit can be moved in three months. We still don't know for sure it wasn't there and if it was, who knows where it is now???

Bush told the American people he had to attack NOW! He was heavily involved in Afghanistan and made references to "The smoking gun will be a mushroom cloud" to defend his invasion of Iraq. Yes, alot of shit can be moved in three months. What can't be moved is a paper trail of evidence of WMDs, personal testimony from people who would have been involved in the procurement, storage and moving of WMDs.

There were no WMDs

Quote:

Obama was right

Quote:

Bush told the American people he had to attack NOW! He was heavily involved in Afghanistan and made references to "The smoking gun will be a mushroom cloud" to defend his invasion of Iraq. Yes, alot of shit can be moved in three months. What can't be moved is a paper trail of evidence of WMDs, personal testimony from people who would have been involved in the procurement, storage and moving of WMDs.

There were no WMDs

Obama was right and there's no paper trail. IS THAT ALL YOU GOT!!!

WEAK, VERY WEAK!!!

Quote:

Obama was right

Quote:

There were no WMDs

WEAK, VERY WEAK!!!

Excuse me????

What else is there? There were no WMDS

Bush lied to you

The bush supporters and the hard right simply can't prove their positions.

You guys are irrelevant.

Obama was right

There were no WMDs

WEAK, VERY WEAK!!!

Excuse me????

Bush lied to you

Really, Bush lied???

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow." - President Bill Clinton 1998

"Saddam's goal...is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed." - Secretary of State Madeline Albright, 1998
,br> "Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people." - Senator Tom Dashle, 1998

"There is no doubt that...Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear weapons programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of illicit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." - Senator Bob Graham, December 2001

"Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his access to weapons of mass destruction. Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." Former Vice President Al Gore, 2002

"I share this administration's goals in dealing with Iraq and its weapons of mass destruction." - Richard Gephardt, September 2002

"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed." - Senator Edward Kennedy, September 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." - Fomrer Vice President Al Gore, September 2002 br> "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Queda members, though there is apparently no evidence in his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security." Senator Hillary Clinton, October 2002

"I will be voting to give the president of the United States the authority to use force if necessary - to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadlt arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." Senator John Kerry, October 2003

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retained some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build his chemical and biological warfare capability. intelligence reports also indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons, but has not yet achieved nuclear capability." Senator Robert Byrd, October, 2002

"Saddam Hussein's regime represents a grave threat to America and our allies, including our vital ally, Israel. For more than two decades, Saddam Hussein sought weapons of mass destruction through every available means. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons. He already used them against his neighbors and his own people and is trying to build more. We know that he is doing everything he can to build nuclear weapons, and we know that each day he gets closer to achieving that goal." Senator John Edwards, October 2002

"Iraq made commitments after the Gulf War to completely dismantle all weapons of mass destruction, and unfortunately, Iraq has not lived up to its agreement." - Barbara Boxer, November 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." - Bob Graham, December 2002

"Without question we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime...He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction...So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real." - Senator John Kerry, January, 2003

"I am absolutely confident that there are weapons...I saw evidence back in 1998 when we could see the inspectors being barred gaining entry into a warehouse for hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out." Clinton's Secretary of Defense, William Cohen, April 2003

oops.......all of these DEMOCRAT LEADERS where wrong too????

You know how to identify an idiot??

Now they say when your memory is this short, your probably short in another department, ask Dogbert, he would know.......

Oh.........and who but the New York Times of all people were lock stock and barrell behind George Bush at the end of the summer of 2002.........to go get rid of the WMD's.:funnyface::funnyface:

LMAO......the bible of the k00k lefties, the New York Times, 100% behind getting Sadam's ass out of there!!!

You see people........the k00ks on this board never want readers to be aware of the prevailing wisdom before the invasion............like that period of time never existed!!!

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

WEAK, VERY WEAK!!!

Excuse me????

Bush lied to you

Really, Bush lied???

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow." - President Bill Clinton 1998

"Saddam's goal...is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed." - Secretary of State Madeline Albright, 1998
,br> "Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people." - Senator Tom Dashle, 1998

"There is no doubt that...Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear weapons programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of illicit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." - Senator Bob Graham, December 2001

"Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his access to weapons of mass destruction. Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." Former Vice President Al Gore, 2002

"I share this administration's goals in dealing with Iraq and its weapons of mass destruction." - Richard Gephardt, September 2002

"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed." - Senator Edward Kennedy, September 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." - Fomrer Vice President Al Gore, September 2002 br> "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Queda members, though there is apparently no evidence in his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security." Senator Hillary Clinton, October 2002

"I will be voting to give the president of the United States the authority to use force if necessary - to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadlt arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." Senator John Kerry, October 2003

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retained some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build his chemical and biological warfare capability. intelligence reports also indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons, but has not yet achieved nuclear capability." Senator Robert Byrd, October, 2002

"Saddam Hussein's regime represents a grave threat to America and our allies, including our vital ally, Israel. For more than two decades, Saddam Hussein sought weapons of mass destruction through every available means. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons. He already used them against his neighbors and his own people and is trying to build more. We know that he is doing everything he can to build nuclear weapons, and we know that each day he gets closer to achieving that goal." Senator John Edwards, October 2002

"Iraq made commitments after the Gulf War to completely dismantle all weapons of mass destruction, and unfortunately, Iraq has not lived up to its agreement." - Barbara Boxer, November 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." - Bob Graham, December 2002

"Without question we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime...He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction...So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real." - Senator John Kerry, January, 2003

"I am absolutely confident that there are weapons...I saw evidence back in 1998 when we could see the inspectors being barred gaining entry into a warehouse for hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out." Clinton's Secretary of Defense, William Cohen, April 2003

Now they say when your memory is this short, your probably short in another department, ask Dogbert, he would know.......

"The smoking gun will be a mushroom cloud"

Yes Bush LIED. He was told that Iraq was not a significant threat, he knew they were not involved in 9-11 and knew UN weapons inspecors would find nothing. That is why he attacked before inspectors could come out with their findings

WEAK, VERY WEAK!!!

Excuse me????

Bush lied to you

Really, Bush lied???

:oops::oops::oops::oops: lmao.........well, dogbart is officially pwned!!!!

Excuse me????

Bush lied to you

Really, Bush lied???

Yes Bush LIED. He was told that Iraq was not a significant threat, he knew they were not involved in 9-11 and knew UN weapons inspecors would find nothing. That is why he attacked before inspectors could come out with their findings

as Ive been saying a long, long time on here.................

corp_sample-2.jpg

2003 invasion of Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While not explicitly declaring Iraqi culpability in the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, administration officials did, at various times, imply a link. In late 2001, Cheney said it was "pretty well confirmed" that attack mastermind Mohamed Atta had met with a senior Iraqi intelligence official. Later, Cheney called Iraq the "geographic base of the terrorists who had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11."[

Also in September 2003, the Boston Globe reported that "Vice President Dick Cheney, anxious to defend the White House foreign policy amid ongoing violence in Iraq, stunned intelligence analysts and even members of his own administration this week by failing to dismiss a widely discredited claim: that Saddam Hussein might have played a role in the Sept. 11 attacks

The Bush administration asserted that the Hussein government had sought to purchase yellowcake uranium from Niger.[76] On March 7, 2003, the US submitted intelligence documents as evidence to the International Atomic Energy Agency. These documents were dismissed by the IAEA as forgeries, with the concurrence in that judgment of outside experts. At the time, a US official claimed that the evidence was submitted to the IAEA without knowledge of its provenance, and characterized any mistakes as "more likely due to incompetence not malice".

In October 2002, a few days before the US Senate vote on the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution, about 75 senators were told in closed session that the Iraqi government had the means of delivering biological and chemical weapons of mass destruction by unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) drones that could be launched from ships off the US' Atlantic coast to attack US eastern seaboard cities. Colin Powell suggested in his presentation to the United Nations that UAVs were transported out of Iraq and could be launched against the US. In fact, Iraq had no offensive UAV fleet or any capability of putting UAVs on ships.[77] Iraq's UAV fleet consisted of less than a handful of outdated Czech training drones.[78] At the time, there was a vigorous dispute within the intelligence community as to whether the CIA's conclusions about Iraq's UAV fleet were accurate. The US Air Force agency denied outright that Iraq possessed any offensive UAV capability

Excuse me????

Bush lied to you

Really, Bush lied???

"Always borrow money from a pessimist.............They don't expect to get paid back "

Now the quote above is from your signature space, and your questioning someone Else's ethic's??????:disbelief::disbelief::disbelief:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back