The truth of the matter

Good point. I would be interested in how many of those who regularly heap scorn on the poorest among us is actually helping anyone - and still believes themselves to be Christian.

Can this fall into the category of those who scream about women choosing to abort, but those who scream have not offered to adopt the many unwanted abused children the woman was forced to have?

I googled soup kitchens for the poor. One was funded in the 1930's by Al Capone. The others I found links for were businesses, seniors, schools, etc. Found one that said Christian funded.

My gripe with most "christians" are they are very christlike on Sunday. Monday thru Saturday, it each man/woman for themselves.

This should be interesting.
Conservative proverb: If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

Liberal proverb: If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish rather than give him a fish, you've lost a vote.

And, quoting someone who butters his bread with satire as 'the truth' is hysterical.

what does he eat while you teach him to fish?

The fish he catches. That's the point

My gripe with most "christians" are they are very christlike on Sunday. Monday thru Saturday, it each man/woman for themselves.

I also truly can't help wondering how many people would be embarrassed to have their spiritual leader read what they have posted here.

Why on earth would anyone be embarassed by doing and encouraging individual charity and encourging government not to overburden the people?

Where is this disconnect where people presume government programs are all there is and can be? Why on earth do people think that ignoring our responsibilities and using other peoples money as charity?

I also truly can't help wondering how many people would be embarrassed to have their spiritual leader read what they have posted here.

Why on earth would anyone be embarassed by doing and encouraging individual charity and encourging government not to overburden the people?

Where is this disconnect where people presume government programs are all there is and can be? Why on earth do people think that ignoring our responsibilities and using other peoples money as charity?

The manner in which they do so, of course. Speaking from a Christian perspective. What are the fruits of the spirit? - And how often do you see people, who call themselves by His name, exhibiting them on this board.

Forum List

Back