This should be interesting.

Attachments

• $261850_10150236691217283_548697282_7820058_2536456_n.jpg
    $261850_10150236691217283_548697282_7820058_2536456_n.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 59
This is correct.

Thats why there are no replies.

Christians refuse to admit the hypocrisy of their lives. Most, anyway

As long as by "help the poor" you aren't assuming the only and best way to do that is through big government bureacracies.

Conservative proverb: If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

Liberal proverb: If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish rather than give him a fish, you've lost a vote.

And, quoting someone who butters his bread with satire as 'the truth' is hysterical.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Good point. I would be interested in how many of those who regularly heap scorn on the poorest among us is actually helping anyone - and still believes themselves to be Christian.

Guess pulling oneself up by their bootstraps has gone out of style. Why pull yourself when somebody else will step in and do the pulling?

This is correct.

Thats why there are no replies.

Christians refuse to admit the hypocrisy of their lives. Most, anyway
Wrong-o....Again.

Christ neither called for looting your neighbor nor farming the helping of the sainted pooooooooor off onto Caesar.

But this one is the commonest of common misreadings of scripture, from those whose god is gubmint.

Last edited:
Good point. I would be interested in how many of those who regularly heap scorn on the poorest among us is actually helping anyone - and still believes themselves to be Christian.

I was involved in a thread a few days ago and was very sad at many posters that seem to think that all our nations poor draw a government check. The many so called Christians on here only go to church to be seen, and maybe score some points with other hypocrites sitting on the pews.

I live among the poor,and let me tell you that they have a higher moral compass than most. They are the salt of the earth and most of them are happy. They are not concerned with keeping up with the Jones's and instill real values in their children.

I believe that christians do help the poor. What they dont believe in being forced by taxes to help them. Most homeless shelters/food for the homeless are funded by Christian churches.

Conservative proverb: If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

Liberal proverb: If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish rather than give him a fish, you've lost a vote.

And, quoting someone who butters his bread with satire as 'the truth' is hysterical.

what does he eat while you teach him to fish?

what does he eat while you teach him to fish?

So let me see if I understand.

That's a saying by Confutious and you take umbrage with it.

But to answer your accusation; He eats the fish he catches. or gets a second job, or hussles to the christian run food banks - soup kitchens.

I don't think it's that interesting. Many Christians give to the poor via charities run by their faith community, but would prefer not to be forced into charity via the government. And, I think there is some legitimacy to this perspective. A lot of governmental organizations don't have a good track record of providing evidence of their success, being accountable for how the money is spent, or even recording the amount that goes for administrative costs versus direct services. There is greater accountability for non-profit social services agencies than there is for governmental social services.

I don't think it's that interesting. Many Christians give to the poor via charities run by their faith community, but would prefer not to be forced into charity via the government. And, I think there is some legitimacy to this perspective. A lot of governmental organizations don't have a good track record of providing evidence of their success, being accountable for how the money is spent, or even recording the amount that goes for administrative costs versus direct services. There is greater accountability for non-profit social services agencies than there is for governmental social services.

*sigh*

---------------------------
Microsoft Internet Explorer
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to catzmeow again.
OK

You're still an idiot for quoting a satirist as 'the truth'.

Hundred years after they die dont we end up calling satirists writers and philosophers?

I think some of the greatest writers of all time might take offense to your disdain for satirists.

You're still an idiot for quoting a satirist as 'the truth'.

Hundred years after they die dont we end up calling satirists writers and philosophers?

I think some of the greatest writers of all time might take offense to your disdain for satirists.
What disdain is it that you think I have?

Seeing shit that isn't there usually leads to your requiring "special" types of doctors.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back