The TRUTH about slavery in the U.S.A.

The SEC makes over $500 million dollars in revenue per year off the backs of students who aren't paid a dime and can lose their scholarships at the whim of the college they are attending. Oh, but they get "free room and board". Sounds an awful lot like some RWers defense of slavery. "The slaves were well cared for by their masters".
Slaves didn't have a choice genius. College athletes have unlimited choices. First, they choose to play. Then they choose which school to attend. Then they choose to keep playing (they can quit any time they want).

Yeah...sure sounds like "slavery". Funny how the party of slavery and racism is ok with the government putting a gun to our head and forcing us to do everything but an adult choosing to play college sports is "slavery" in their mind.

The $500 million per year is spent on the athletes my dear. Here are the "slave quarters". Oh the humanity. Looks really rough...

View attachment 90714 View attachment 90715 View attachment 90716 View attachment 90717 View attachment 90718

Yeah, the slaves sometimes had nice workplaces too...
Did the slaves choose to work there? Dumb ass...
Slavery Saved Them From Savagery

Did the slaves prefer to be in far worse conditions back in the African jungle, where their usual fate was to become a lion's lunch.
False premise. The Africans were not in worse conditions than slavery. Idiot.

And they were less likely to be eaten by a lion as an American was likely to be killed by malaria.
The South Had Slavery, the North Had Sweatshops. The North Had No Moral Superiority.

In America, Blacks have never been treated worse than they deserved. And they have always been better off than those left behind in Africa. Being against "racism" has snob value; that's the false premise that gives it ethical prestige.

Ah, so when RWers scream about Public Accommodation laws and having to bake cakes for gays as being akin to slavery...
Well....it is. Which part of force are you struggling to understand? I've never met a college athlete yet who was forced to be there. They chose the sport, they choose the school, and they can choose to quit any time they want.

The same is not true for slaves and is not true for "public accommodation" laws which force people to do something against their will.

Like serving the public at your open to the public retail establishment, right?
Contrary to the absurd progressive beliefs that you had drilled into your head at a young age - a private business on private property is not public domain. They have the right to choose who they enter into business transactions with. The U.S. Constitution says so.

If you have a private business, it is not open to the public.

I really wish this subject would remain in the history books where it belongs. I mean it's akin to reminding a friend or family member of a terrible personal tragedy they barely endured on a regular basis.
I do not need to be reminded nor punished for the sins of people who've been dead longer than I've been alive & that I never had any relation to.
Progressives disagree with you. They believe you should be forever punished. See - if they can't demonize the founders as "evil slave owners" then they can't justify their contempt for the U.S. Constitution and their subsequent advocation for violating it.

My Grandfathers' Grandfather was a slave owner. I don't feel I've been punished at all. Nor do I have contempt for him or the Constitution. Am I still a liberal?
Thank you for proving my point. Yet another lefty whose bloodlines run directly back to slavery and racism.

For the record - your previous post proves that you have nothing but contempt for the U.S. Constitution.

Nah I'm pretty sure he would despise my liberal ass, he was just a man of his times. I was born south of I-10 but didn't grow up there.

Your false narrative is a joke.

Slaves didn't have a choice genius. College athletes have unlimited choices. First, they choose to play. Then they choose which school to attend. Then they choose to keep playing (they can quit any time they want).

Yeah...sure sounds like "slavery". Funny how the party of slavery and racism is ok with the government putting a gun to our head and forcing us to do everything but an adult choosing to play college sports is "slavery" in their mind.

The $500 million per year is spent on the athletes my dear. Here are the "slave quarters". Oh the humanity. Looks really rough...

View attachment 90714 View attachment 90715 View attachment 90716 View attachment 90717 View attachment 90718

Did the slaves prefer to be in far worse conditions back in the African jungle, where their usual fate was to become a lion's lunch.

And they were less likely to be eaten by a lion as an American was likely to be killed by malaria.
The South Had Slavery, the North Had Sweatshops. The North Had No Moral Superiority.

In America, Blacks have never been treated worse than they deserved. And they have always been better off than those left behind in Africa. Being against "racism" has snob value; that's the false premise that gives it ethical prestige.

There were many tribes that lived in harmony, I'm sure they thought it was a pretty good life. Say like the Massai who live today in some places almost as they did for the last 500 years, but also, Africa was a battle ground before
the European slavers got involved, it probably pales in comparison to what the arabs were doing. Larger kingdoms like the Benin Empire and Zulu were killing or sacrificing their neighbors for some time, and for a lot of their would be victims, slavery ironically was probably a better fate for some of those people.

10 Facts About The Arab Enslavement Of Black People Not Taught In Schools - Atlanta Black Star

Ah, so when RWers scream about Public Accommodation laws and having to bake cakes for gays as being akin to slavery...
Well....it is. Which part of force are you struggling to understand? I've never met a college athlete yet who was forced to be there. They chose the sport, they choose the school, and they can choose to quit any time they want.

The same is not true for slaves and is not true for "public accommodation" laws which force people to do something against their will.

Like serving the public at your open to the public retail establishment, right?
Contrary to the absurd progressive beliefs that you had drilled into your head at a young age - a private business on private property is not public domain. They have the right to choose who they enter into business transactions with. The U.S. Constitution says so.

If you have a private business, it is not open to the public.
Uh....just about every business is a private business. And yet they are open to the public (sort of tough to have a business if it's not open to the public). That doesn't give the government the authority to tell a business they must engage in transactions with every person that crosses their path.

Last edited:
Sadly, progressive leaders on the left have managed to dupe their followers into one of the most egregious lies ever perpetrated on the world: that the U.S. Constitution is irrelevant because it was created by racist and oppressive wealthy white men.

Absolutely nothing could be further from the truth. The sad reality is the leaders on the left abhor the U.S. Constitution because it limits their power - which prevents them from imposing their will on others. In an attempt to get around that, they have created the false narrative that the document shouldn't be respected and adhered to because the document is "evil". Since a document is an inanimate object which cannot be anything, they needed to create the false narrative that it was penned by evil men.

It is sad that such great men have been so wrongfully demonized because of those with an agenda for power over others. It's particularly disturbing that our public schools are not teaching students the truth about our founders. It is time we change that. It is time the American people are educated on what actually occurred in history.

untitled.png

Not all Trump supporters are racists. But when you see a racist post here at USMB- there is a 95% change he is a Trump supporter.
Ah...so your "evidence" is your anecdotal experience on USMB. Well how could anyone argue with such sound, indisputable proof? :eusa_doh:

And I never met a business owner "forced" into business.

They can choose to close their doors so as not to have to serve "those people".

And I never met a business owner "forced" into business.

They can choose to close their doors so as not to have to serve "those people".
That's the equivalent of saying I've never met anyone forced into speaking. If you don't want to die for speaking your mind, surrender your 1st Amendment rights.

A person has to find a way to earn a living. Even if you don't own the business, if you choose not to perform your services the government will either come after you or the business owner will fire you. So either way your analogy is irrational and doesn't even remotely apply to the situation.

But I'll concede to your tender sensibilities and say that college athletics are like Jim Crow laws, not slavery. Better?
Sure...if you can explain how college athletics even remotely resembles "Jim Crow laws".

College athletes are exploited just like black laborers were under Jim Crow.

College Sports Aren't Like Slavery. They're Like Jim Crow.
So you post a link to an opinion piece from some jack ass that never played a down of college football? Directly from the website you linked to:

The New Republic was founded in 1914 as a journal of opinion which seeks to meet the challenge of a new time.

A "journal" (like a junior high girl keeps) of opinion. Wow wytchy....you really know how to come with the hard evidence. It's a completely fair and voluntary agreement. College athletes are not supposed to be paid. Do you have any idea how much high school football generates for their schools athletic departments? A shit-ton. Are you doing to start crying that high school football players should be paid?

what about the fact that it said only white men could vote? I suppose that wasn't racist either?
The constitution laid no requirements on voting withing the states. Electors to the Electoral College could be selected by states in any way they choose. Members of the House of Representative were to be chosen by the people of each state with no restriction as how that was to be done. Senators were chosen by the state legislatures. Who could vote was left to the states. Remember, the founders founded a republic. They had little interest democracy.

However, the states in the early days of the nation generally placed a lot of restrictions on voting. Usually only adult white male property owners were allowed to vote. In some states, voting was also restricted to only the members of the predominate religion in the community.

The bottom line was that only about 10% of the population was allowed to vote.
a pure democracy is mob rule...
Yes, that certainly would be the case. However, the founding fathers left the issue of democracy to the states. They could chose their representation and senators by the toss of the dice, voting, divine edict, or whatever the state choose. However, most of the founders believed the people should definitely have a voice in who governed them but left it to the states which is understandable. The United States when it was formed was little more than a loose confederation of state governments.

However, today the country is truly united. The idea that a state could deny it's citizens the right to select their leaders, withdrawal from the union, or provide services to citizens based on sex, race or religion would certainly be contrary to what most people believe today.

But I'll concede to your tender sensibilities and say that college athletics are like Jim Crow laws, not slavery. Better?
Sure...if you can explain how college athletics even remotely resembles "Jim Crow laws".

So you post a link to an opinion piece from some jack ass that never played a down of college football? Directly from the website you linked to:

The New Republic was founded in 1914 as a journal of opinion which seeks to meet the challenge of a new time.

A "journal" (like a junior high girl keeps) of opinion. Wow wytchy....you really know how to come with the hard evidence. It's a completely fair and voluntary agreement. College athletes are not supposed to be paid. Do you have any idea how much high school football generates for their schools athletic departments? A shit-ton. Are you doing to start crying that high school football players should be paid?

Journal as in journalism. I understand you wouldn't actually recognize journalism since you are an Alex Jones kind of guy.

It's interesting that you would argue against college athletes being paid. I really think you do it just to be contrary because most people recognize the injustice of colleges raking in millions and millions of dollars and these athletes seeing none of it. Olympians can at least seek endorsements.

Journal as in journalism. I understand you wouldn't actually recognize journalism since you are an Alex Jones kind of guy.

It's interesting that you would argue against college athletes being paid. I really think you do it just to be contrary because most people recognize the injustice of colleges raking in millions and millions of dollars and these athletes seeing none of it. Olympians can at least seek endorsements.
The college athletes see tons of it. They see it in a $160,000 education from Notre Dame that doesn't cost them a dime. They see it in unlimited healthcare that doesn't cost them a penny (not even a copay). They see it in free housing for 5 years. They see it in free food for 5 years. They see it in the finest facilities one can imagine to study in (including the latest and greatest computers, printers, etc.), practice in, lift weights in, and more. The total compensation for a college athlete is hundreds of thousands of dollars when all is said and done.

Incidentally - where are your calls for high school athletes to be paid? On average, we made our athletic department $540,000 per year just in ticket sales in high school. I don't know what the concessions brought in but it had to be a lot.

The SEC makes over $500 million dollars in revenue per year off the backs of students who aren't paid a dime and can lose their scholarships at the whim of the college they are attending. Oh, but they get "free room and board". Sounds an awful lot like some RWers defense of slavery. "The slaves were well cared for by their masters".

People tend to choose freedom over slavery.
The Missing Link

Domesticated animals don't.

School sports are an insult to intelligence. All should be like the Little League, which is a private substitute for grade-school baseball.

As for revenue, it is no different from a college giving scholarships to bimbos for working in a college-owned topless bar. Second, private businesses like Exxon and Microsoft could make money off pre-professional sports teams, but why don't they? Third, the colleges should make extra revenue by admitting more students paying tuition.

The college athletes see tons of it. They see it in a $160,000 education from Notre Dame that doesn't cost them a dime. They see it in unlimited healthcare that doesn't cost them a penny (not even a copay). They see it in free housing for 5 years. They see it in free food for 5 years. They see it in the finest facilities one can imagine to study in (including the latest and greatest computers, printers, etc.), practice in, lift weights in, and more. The total compensation for a college athlete is hundreds of thousands of dollars when all is said and done.

Incidentally - where are your calls for high school athletes to be paid? On average, we made our athletic department $540,000 per year just in ticket sales in high school. I don't know what the concessions brought in but it had to be a lot.

Okay, so offer the top college football players 500,000 a year, and they pay their own expenses, and see what they take.

Forum List

Back