CDZ The Truth about Separating Kids

Serious question, I'm no expert here: Did this start with Trump, or will we find it only continued with Trump?
Started with tRump

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

What about the pic of “children in cages” the media tried to say was happening under Trump when it really happened under Obama? Illegal immigration in the US has been a problem for years. If everything was fine and dandy, why did Obama feel the need to implement a policy such as DACA?

How could you possibly think this all started with Trump? Bc the media says so?
It is trump/sessions "zero tolerance policy" that is the cause of this. To say otherwise Isa flat out lie. Thye are using this issue to pressure Democrats to fund the useless wall.
Wrong again, Slick.

It is the intent to slow illegal immigration.
I'm sorry but that is incorrect by tRump's own admission.

Trump Finally Admits He's Responsible: "You Have to Take the Children Away"
And how many more from Central America will see that this is a risk you will take and the risk is that you will have your children removed from your custody until you are processed.

I see a deterent. To slow immigration.

Almost all of them have never seen a Doctor, dentist, pediatrician before they came here.

I see no problem.

The only people who will believe the spin tRump and the republican congress are about to start pushing are the support base. Everyone else knows this was a problem created by tRump's policies and nothing else. Yes, I know you folks here in the conservative echo chamber will be high fiving each other for a few days, but rest assured, it's a hollow victory that will net you nothing.
I'm not the "Trump base."

There will be no high fives.

You are in the clean debate zone.

You are trolling this thread.

Answer the questions.

Why are they coming here?

Why are they border jumping, then demanding asylum?

Why are they sending unnacompanied children?

You know damned well these children are being fed, clothed and receiving extensive medical treatment.

They are being provided better amemities than that which they receive in Mexico or any other country they may "Willingly" avoid to come to America.

I see human trafficking, slavery, child abuse and no doubt that these children are being raped.

Answer the questions.

Insult accusing you of being a moron deleted.
I'm.nkt trolling the thread. I gave my honest assessment of the circumstances laid out in the post I responded to.they are coming here to escape persecution and danger in their old homes. The vast majority of them are not "border jumping" they are walking up to the gates and asking for asylum. They aren't criminals, they're refugees. Trying to save their families.
We can't allow everyone living in a third world country entry into our country as a solution to their problems.

It doesn't matter how bad they have it there, we can't have it here.
They need to be the solution to their own problems.

The only people who will believe the spin tRump and the republican congress are about to start pushing are the support base. Everyone else knows this was a problem created by tRump's policies and nothing else. Yes, I know you folks here in the conservative echo chamber will be high fiving each other for a few days, but rest assured, it's a hollow victory that will net you nothing.

Answer the questions.

You know damned well these children are being fed, clothed and receiving extensive medical treatment.

They are being provided better amemities than that which they receive in Mexico or any other country they may "Willingly" avoid to come to America.

I see human trafficking, slavery, child abuse and no doubt that these children are being raped.

Answer the questions.

I'm.nkt trolling the thread. I gave my honest assessment of the circumstances laid out in the post I responded to.they are coming here to escape persecution and danger in their old homes. The vast majority of them are not "border jumping" they are walking up to the gates and asking for asylum. They aren't criminals, they're refugees. Trying to save their families.
And when they arrive at the border they are processed.

It does not mean they are given entry into the US to just disappear into the population, never to appear in court.

Which is the way it has been, previously.

They are not given access to this country immediately.

Do you actually think you can just demand citizenship, as an American in Mexico, Honduras, Guatamala, or anywhere in the world.

Do you think you will be allowed entry, without question in any of Country in the world?
You are moving the goalposts. If they are not entering the country illegally then what is the justification for taking their children away?
They don't take the children away from migrants or asylum seekers who enter the country legally.

Then what do you with the illegal aliens? How do we process them? Do we set up temp housing for them? How do we make sure they aren't trafficking children? How do we get them back to their own countries and deter them from coming to the US illegally?
How are we doing those things now?

Apparently we are doing it all wrong because the left is outraged. I am all for housing the whole family in a detention center and then flying them back to their home country. For majority of children that are trying to come into our country, we need to ship them back to their respective countries and hand them over to the local authorities.

These people should not be allowed to enter into this country illegally, they can follow the same process as those that are entering in legally.
Coming to a border crossing and applying for asylum is legal.

To apply sure however the vast majority are trying to come in by illegal means and they need to be sent back immediately.
Actually not true. The vast majority simply walk up to the gate and ask for asylum. All perfectly legal.

Well over 300,000 caught illegally entering the US, less than a third are claiming asylum.

Separating people illegally entering the US and their children is also perfectly legal. :rolleyes:

Answer the questions.

Answer the questions.

It does not mean they are given entry into the US to just disappear into the population, never to appear in court.

Do you actually think you can just demand citizenship, as an American in Mexico, Honduras, Guatamala, or anywhere in the world.

Do you think you will be allowed entry, without question in any of Country in the world?
You are moving the goalposts. If they are not entering the country illegally then what is the justification for taking their children away?
I'm not moving any goal posts.

If you come here and have no "valid" identification that these children are yours, and many don't have birth certificates, or proof, you think they are going to be given free access to this country without knowing who they are?

Let's be real here.

These people are not fish being caught and released.

I'm sorry, I don't have the option of breaking laws.

And neither do they.

Started with tRump

What about the pic of “children in cages” the media tried to say was happening under Trump when it really happened under Obama? Illegal immigration in the US has been a problem for years. If everything was fine and dandy, why did Obama feel the need to implement a policy such as DACA?

It is trump/sessions "zero tolerance policy" that is the cause of this. To say otherwise Isa flat out lie. Thye are using this issue to pressure Democrats to fund the useless wall.
Wrong again, Slick.

And how many more from Central America will see that this is a risk you will take and the risk is that you will have your children removed from your custody until you are processed.

Almost all of them have never seen a Doctor, dentist, pediatrician before they came here.

I see no problem.
So, have you moderated your views since the OP? Your latest position is much less hyperbolic than the original. Now we are deterring illegal immigrants where as before we we stopping hardened criminals smuggling children in to sex slavery.

Answer the questions.

Answer the questions.

They don't take the children away from migrants or asylum seekers who enter the country legally.
But they do....that's what this latest fuss is all about.

How are we doing those things now?

Apparently we are doing it all wrong because the left is outraged. I am all for housing the whole family in a detention center and then flying them back to their home country. For majority of children that are trying to come into our country, we need to ship them back to their respective countries and hand them over to the local authorities.

These people should not be allowed to enter into this country illegally, they can follow the same process as those that are entering in legally.

To apply sure however the vast majority are trying to come in by illegal means and they need to be sent back immediately.
Actually not true. The vast majority simply walk up to the gate and ask for asylum. All perfectly legal.

Well over 300,000 caught illegally entering the US, less than a third are claiming asylum.

Separating people illegally entering the US and their children is also perfectly legal. :rolleyes:
Links?

Answer the questions.

Answer the questions.

If you come here and have no "valid" identification that these children are yours, and many don't have birth certificates, or proof, you think they are going to be given free access to this country without knowing who they are?

Let's be real here.

And neither do they.
Walking up to a gate and asking to enter doesn't break any laws.

Wrong again, Slick.

I see no problem.
So, have you moderated your views since the OP? Your latest position is much less hyperbolic than the original. Now we are deterring illegal immigrants where as before we we stopping hardened criminals smuggling children in to sex slavery.
No I have not.

I still think it is a deterent.

We are caring for the children who come here.

The questionable parents are being vetted.

I still believe there are many who are being raped.

I still believe there are those who are Working off their fees, through slavery and sweatshops.

And there has been documentation of sex slavery in this country.

Answer the questions.

Answer the questions.

But they do....that's what this latest fuss is all about.
No it isn't. It's about the 23,000 children who came across illegally. Nobody is talking about those who went to the legal port of entry and requested asylum there.

Answer the questions.

Answer the questions.

Let's be real here.

And neither do they.
Of course not.

And it does not provide you or your children immediate entry into this country.

You and your children will get medical assistance before you just walk right on in.

You are not winning this debate.

Wrong again, Slick.

I see no problem.
No I have not.

I still believe there are those who are Working off their fees, through slavery and sweatshops.

I believe you have been lied to. This is not an insult, no fault attaches to you.

I have present my point of view and listen to yours. Neither if us is going to change his mind so I am going to say thank you for being civil and discussing like an adult and call it a night here.

Hopefully we can do it again some time.

This is the CDZ. There IS a topic. Respect it. You cannot get personal in any way. It is COURTEOUS and expected in civil discussion to ANSWER questions and actually read links. If you're not up to that investment, you probably don't belong here.

8 deleted.

Answer the questions.

Answer the questions.

Let's be real here.

And neither do they.
Where are you getting your news? Walking up to a legal point of entry and asking for entry, or asylum, doesn't get you put in detention and they do not split you up from your children.

Why no outcry of Mexico's abuses of migrants by liberals criticizing America?
Imagine how the Guatemalans must feel being treated as subhuman by their racist Mexican hosts.
Detained in what they describe as " concentration camps " in the state of Chiapas. Off limits to outsiders, and locals who help them are in danger. In Mexico they are considered the new wetbacks. Living in camps described as subhuman.
Guatemalan Refugees in Mexico
Mexico should be providing help for refugees, yet abuse, slavery and rape welcomes them in Mexico. Reports of xenophobic behavior in Mexico.
Where is the outrage?
Mexico: Still Not Safe for Refugees and Migrants
Asylum seekers from the states bordering Mexico should be able to find safe haven within that neighboring country.

The concern for "the children " rings hallow.

Wrong again, Slick.

I see no problem.
No I have not.

I believe you have been lied to. This is not an insult, no fault attaches to you.

I have present my point of view and listen to yours. Neither if us is going to change his mind so I am going to say thank you for being civil and discussing like an adult and call it a night here.

Hopefully we can do it again some time.
Unfortunate, but you and I may actually agree to some resolution, if it hadn't become so politicized.

All of us have concern for these children.

With the utmost respect for your honesty.

Links?

This is those applying world wide, not just the southern border:

Refugees and Asylees in the United States
FTA:in FY 2015 (the most recent data available), the United States granted asylum to 26,124 individuals.

Border apprehensions:

upload_2018-6-19_20-53-29.jpeg

It is difficult to focus on solutions when the op is set up in such an inflammatory way as if all Dems want open borders and the only are open borders or abusing children.

I've stated possible solutions and just keep getting told I support open borders.

Trump created this unneccessary policy.

IMO illegal immigration isnt our nations top priority. Education, drug addiction, gun violence etc are a higher priority.

That said when it comes to any law enforcement it is never a hundred percent. You do not go after jaywalkers with the same vigor and application of resources that you do rapists. It is the same thing with immigration.

Speed up the deportations of those convicted if violent crimes or trafficking.

Increase the number of immigration judges so we dont have this backlog and people in detention for months.

DO NOT seperate families unkess there is reason to suspect trafficking.

Focus resources on maintaining good cooperation with Mexico at the border. We might have trouble with illegal immigration, they have trouble with illegal guns flowing in to the country.

Focus resources on going after violent offenders and chronic lawbreakers first.

How about going after employers? And msybe increase the number of work visas granted so they can come legally to work and then return.

None of that involves tearing children away from their parents or open borders.
:clap2:

Gee, a list of specific ideas & solutions, just sitting there, on the internet, for all to see.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure people want specific ideas & solutions. I think they just want to fight.

It is difficult to focus on solutions when the op is set up in such an inflammatory way as if all Dems want open borders and the only are open borders or abusing children.

I've stated possible solutions and just keep getting told I support open borders.

Trump created this unneccessary policy.

IMO illegal immigration isnt our nations top priority. Education, drug addiction, gun violence etc are a higher priority.

That said when it comes to any law enforcement it is never a hundred percent. You do not go after jaywalkers with the same vigor and application of resources that you do rapists. It is the same thing with immigration.

Speed up the deportations of those convicted if violent crimes or trafficking.

Increase the number of immigration judges so we don't have this backlog and people in detention for months.

DO NOT seperate families unkess there is reason to suspect trafficking.

Focus resources on maintaining good cooperation with Mexico at the border. We might have trouble with illegal immigration, they have trouble with illegal guns flowing in to the country.

Focus resources on going after violent offenders and chronic lawbreakers first.

How about going after employers? And maybe increase the number of work visas

granted so they can come legally to work and then return.

None of that involves tearing children away from their parents or open borders.

I am grateful I found this post. Lists some great ideas.

How about going after employers? And maybe increase the number of work visas granted so they can come legally to work and then return.

But if we're going to issue work visas, we need to ensure that these people fully intend on working here and not abuse the system. The biggest problem I see with that idea is the simple fact that there are those who overstay their visas. On purpose. There needs to be a strict system in place to ensure these people go back home when their time is up. If they want to become citizens, they should be encouraged to go through the process (which could be streamlined itself) instead of potentially overstaying their visas.

Interestingly, Mexico isn't helping. They aren't even attempting to stop people crossing our border, much less theirs. All of these "migrants" from the central Americas flow unimpeded through Mexico and come straight here. bringing whatever violent elements or disputes they have here from their native countries.

Increase the number of immigration judges so we don't have this backlog and people in detention for months.

Curious, we could increase the number of immigration judges, but the fact remains that they are useless if the people we detain and designate for hearings never show up. And what do we do with the 600,000 people on the asylum backlog? Don't you think these people are intentionally overwhelming the system?

IMO illegal immigration isn't our nation's top priority. Education, drug addiction, gun violence etc are a higher priority.

I'm going to have to part with you here. Illegal immigration has a direct impact on our educational system. Instead of paying for American children's education, we have to bow backwards to meet the needs of children brought here illegally. That places an enormous strain on our educational system. As for the rest, there are violent felons, drug dealers and gun traffickers ensconced within well meaning migrants.

You do not go after jaywalkers with the same vigor and application of resources that you do rapists. It is the same thing with immigration

I don't mean to sound cynical, but you can't put out a 5 alarm fire by blowing on it. There needs to be real consequences, powerful consequences for coming here illegally. There needs to be a deterrent, one that works and one that isn't so direct but has the same impact. This is like slapping someone on the wrist with a hot glue stick, it's painful at first but then you get used to the pain. Somehow we need to ensure the pain lasts longer. Bah, I'm speculating... moving on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back