CDZ The Truth about Separating Kids

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
first thing I want to mention is that it looks likely that Republicans in Congress are about to act and Trump will sign a new law. I expect that this whole situation and the faux outrage being shown by the fake news media and sky screaming leftists will wind up being turned into a victory for Trump and Republicans

the timing of this outrage (and the bail revocation of Paul M) is highly suspect. Hell, let's call it what it is; an overt attempt by the fake news media to create a narrative so that Trump's amazing accomplishment in N Korea can be swept under the rug

It is also an aggressive attempt by the left to ensure continued open borders and an influx of people reliant on government assistance - they are looking to flood the country with people that will vote for them - plain and simple.

But let's talk about the policy. Does ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE that these are a bunch of downtrodden asylum seekers? Really?

The kids that are separated from their parents are treated very well and the separation is typically just a few hours. This is being done while the parents are being charged for the crimes they have committed. Same as if someone robs a store.

But the bigger issue is that many of the children are coming with smugglers. Some of them are being groomed for the sex trade, and some for slave labor.

Democrats and their sycophants in the fake news media are ignoring this. Why? Because they desperately want a tool to bludgeon Trump with and a means to continue an open border policy.

These "asylum seekers" came through Mexico - Mexican authorities have been complicit in trying to damage the USA by assisting in this farce, and it has been going on for many months. Again, why the attention now? Well, we needed a way to bump good news for Trump out of the news cycle...

What are these people running from? Why not stay in Mexico? Why does America have an obligation to bring them in and place them on the welfare rolls? Answer - we don't.

These people are committing crimes; some are giving their kids to smugglers in an attempt to circumvent our laws. These children are being used as pawns, and it is disgusting. We are looking at another example of why we call it the fake news media with this whole situation. The facts are not being fairly presented; all we are getting is a tear jerk story that is being driven to create an election issue.

I would LOVE to hear from any liberal minded person that has an idea about how to solve this; well, any solution that does not involve opening our border and allowing foreign nationals to drain our welfare and medical resources...

Look for the Republican solution to make it through congress, including funding for the wall. Enjoy your tear jerk propaganda show while it lasts folks; libs are being invited to the table to find a solution - does anyone think they will step up and do the right thing for AMERICA and AMERICANS? I hope they do, but I doubt they will.

this article offers some great insight into what is happening:

Separating Kids at Border: The Truth | National Review

Some economic migrants are using children as chits, but the problem is fixable — if Congress acts.

The latest furor over Trump immigration policy involves the separation of children from parents at the border.

As usual, the outrage obscures more than it illuminates, so it’s worth walking through what’s happening here.

But let's talk about the policy. Does ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE that these are a bunch of downtrodden asylum seekers? Really?

Asylum seekers from South or Central America, no way.

Think about it. If your situation is really that of a refugee, you would find asylum in Mexico. No need to trek across yet another country three times the size of Texas.

I get why someone would want to come to the US, from more economic opportunity to free education, food and healthcare, but claims of asylum are merely a means to skirt immigration law.

I get why someone would want to come to the US, from more economic opportunity to free education, food and healthcare, but claims of asylum are merely a means to skirt immigration law.
exactly true

I want to hear an actual idea for a solution from someone from the democratic party that does not involve straight up open borders

The only people who will believe the spin tRump and the republican congress are about to start pushing are the support base. Everyone else knows this was a problem created by tRump's policies and nothing else. Yes, I know you folks here in the conservative echo chamber will be high fiving each other for a few days, but rest assured, it's a hollow victory that will net you nothing.

The only people who will believe the spin tRump and the republican congress are about to start pushing are the support base. Everyone else knows this was a problem created by tRump's policies and nothing else. Yes, I know you folks here in the conservative echo chamber will be high fiving each other for a few days, but rest assured, it's a hollow victory that will net you nothing.
Serious question, I'm no expert here: Did this start with Trump, or will we find it only continued with Trump?

Serious question, I'm no expert here: Did this start with Trump, or will we find it only continued with Trump?
Started with tRump

so no thoughts on a solution?

most Americans want to limit illegal immigration

it will be interesting to see what kind of bill the House winds up passing and what the Senate does with it

it will be interesting to see what kind of bill the House winds up passing and what the Senate does with it
Stop separating kids from parents at the border.

How hard was that?

Started with tRump
no

it did not

the enforcement has been more aggressive under Trump, but the policy did not start with him

these "asylum seekers" are really just pawns being used to make political hay - this is why the democrats refuse to engage in meaningful dialogue to find a real solution

and for those that are actually seeking asylum? they made it to Mexico - why do we need to add them to our welfare rolls?

please tell me why you do not believe that this is an attempt to circumvent Trump's border policy and keep America's Southern border open

How hard was that?
sure, just as soon as parents quit trying to break our laws - how hard is that? should a bank robber go free just because he or she has kids?

and you don't seem interested in addressing the issue of children coming with smugglers, but not with a parent

again, do you have an idea that protects our laws and the sovereignty of our border?

Started with tRump
no

it did not

the enforcement has been more aggressive under Trump, but the policy did not start with him

these "asylum seekers" are really just pawns being used to make political hay - this is why the democrats refuse to engage in meaningful dialogue to find a real solution

and for those that are actually seeking asylum? they made it to Mexico - why do we need to add them to our welfare rolls?

please tell me why you do not believe that this is an attempt to circumvent Trump's border policy and keep America's Southern border open
Yes, I know you believe what tRump is selling.

No, I don't know how to get you to see the truth.

The only part of that that you have right is the asylum seekers being used as political fodder. tRump is using them to play on people's natural sympathetic reactions so he can push funding for his ridiculous wall.

How hard was that?
sure, just as soon as parents quit trying to break our laws - how hard is that? should a bank robber go free just because he or she has kids?

and you don't seem interested in addressing the issue of children coming with smugglers, but not with a parent

again, do you have an idea that protects our laws and the sovereignty of our border?
Lol, unaccompanied minors with smugglers are very rare. Most if them show up..well.. unaccompanied.

Great, another right wing Clean Debate Zone thread that begins with a long winded troll and bashing rant full of misinformation and bull crap.

There is no longer any such thing as a clean debate zone at USMB.
so no ideas from you for a solution either

interesting... this has been an issue for a long time, Trump ran on border security and he is committed to it. I want to see a plan that ends chain migration; I want illegal aliens stopped

what compromise on this issue would be acceptable to you?

you accuse me of trolling, but bring nothing to the discussion - this issue is being used for propaganda to stir emotions and undermine border integrity; and a months old issue becomes front and center just as trump has a great week

what do you propose we do? or is your plan to just let anyone in that wants to come and allow them to receive benefits?

first thing I want to mention is that it looks likely that Republicans in Congress are about to act and Trump will sign a new law. I expect that this whole situation and the faux outrage being shown by the fake news media and sky screaming leftists will wind up being turned into a victory for Trump and Republicans

the timing of this outrage (and the bail revocation of Paul M) is highly suspect. Hell, let's call it what it is; an overt attempt by the fake news media to create a narrative so that Trump's amazing accomplishment in N Korea can be swept under the rug

It is also an aggressive attempt by the left to ensure continued open borders and an influx of people reliant on government assistance - they are looking to flood the country with people that will vote for them - plain and simple.

The kids that are separated from their parents are treated very well and the separation is typically just a few hours. This is being done while the parents are being charged for the crimes they have committed. Same as if someone robs a store.

But the bigger issue is that many of the children are coming with smugglers. Some of them are being groomed for the sex trade, and some for slave labor.

Democrats and their sycophants in the fake news media are ignoring this. Why? Because they desperately want a tool to bludgeon Trump with and a means to continue an open border policy.

These "asylum seekers" came through Mexico - Mexican authorities have been complicit in trying to damage the USA by assisting in this farce, and it has been going on for many months. Again, why the attention now? Well, we needed a way to bump good news for Trump out of the news cycle...

What are these people running from? Why not stay in Mexico? Why does America have an obligation to bring them in and place them on the welfare rolls? Answer - we don't.

These people are committing crimes; some are giving their kids to smugglers in an attempt to circumvent our laws. These children are being used as pawns, and it is disgusting. We are looking at another example of why we call it the fake news media with this whole situation. The facts are not being fairly presented; all we are getting is a tear jerk story that is being driven to create an election issue.

I would LOVE to hear from any liberal minded person that has an idea about how to solve this; well, any solution that does not involve opening our border and allowing foreign nationals to drain our welfare and medical resources...

Look for the Republican solution to make it through congress, including funding for the wall. Enjoy your tear jerk propaganda show while it lasts folks; libs are being invited to the table to find a solution - does anyone think they will step up and do the right thing for AMERICA and AMERICANS? I hope they do, but I doubt they will.

Some economic migrants are using children as chits, but the problem is fixable — if Congress acts.

The latest furor over Trump immigration policy involves the separation of children from parents at the border.

As usual, the outrage obscures more than it illuminates, so it’s worth walking through what’s happening here.
The truth about separating kids from their families is this.
THIS IS WHAT THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT DOES.
They did it to the Natives when they invaded this country.
They did it to blacks during slavery.
Now they are doing it to the Mexicans.
Nothing new at all.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Booming economy + FBI IG report showing corruption in FBI and DOJ + Successful N. Korea Summit = democrat media calling Republicans racist for obama policy of separating kids from parents who broke the law crossing the border illegally.

I am admittedly not following this topic as well as others. Therefore, I ask, can you provide a like to anything that supports your claim that this is a direct (or even indirect) result of a Trump policy?

Started with tRump
no

it did not

As stated above, I am not following this as closely as others. I ask you, as well, to provide a link to anything that supports your claim.

I am admittedly not following this topic as well as others. Therefore, I ask, can you provide a like to anything that supports your claim that this is a direct (or even indirect) result of a Trump policy?
Trump keeps blaming Democrats for his own policy of family separation

Trump Repeats Falsehood That Democrats Are to Blame for Separating Migrant Families

Analysis | Why the Trump administration bears the blame for separating children from their families at the border

Her are several links, if they aren't enough please let me know.

Trump keeps blaming Democrats for his own policy of family separation

Trump Repeats Falsehood That Democrats Are to Blame for Separating Migrant Families

Analysis | Why the Trump administration bears the blame for separating children from their families at the border

Her are several links, if they aren't enough please let me know.

The law was on the books and obama followed it as well.....democrats ignored what was happening and their democrats in the media ignored it too....

Forum List

Back