CDZ The Truth about Separating Kids

A resolution has been in place for over 100 years. If you are an American citizen and you go to jail and NO legit family member takes your kids they go to STATE care.
In THIS case the STATE is Mexico and those kids should be shipped BACK.

The Truth About Separating Kids at the Border

illegal-immigrant-family-border-patrol.jpg

The past practice had been to give a free pass to an adult who is part of a family unit. The new Trump policy is to prosecute all adults. The idea is to send a signal that we are serious about our laws and to create a deterrent against re-entry. (Illegal entry is a misdemeanor, illegal re-entry a felony.)

In other words, they knew that under Obama they could get inside as long As they had kids with them. President Trump has put a stop to that, just as he promised.

Where it becomes much more of an issue is if the adult files an asylum claim. In that scenario, the adults are almost certainly going to be detained longer than the government is allowed to hold their children.

That’s because of something called the Flores Consent Decree from 1997. It says that unaccompanied children can be held only 20 days. A ruling by the Ninth Circuit extended this 20-day limit to children who come as part of family units. So even if we want to hold a family unit together, we are forbidden from doing so.

And where do these “asylum seekers” learn this stuff? Most can barely read and have little or no education. Who tells them to take their kids along so they can get into the US by pleading for asylum?

More about this @ Separating Kids at Border: The Truth | National Review

Stop Allowing Illegal Aliens To Use Their Children as Pawns for Asylum @ Dick Morris: Stop Allowing Illegal Aliens To Use Their Children as Pawns for Asylum

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Neilsen: 'Well-Coached' Illegal Aliens Using Children To Pose As Families @ Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Neilsen: 'Well-Coached' Illegal Aliens Using Children To Pose As Families

Nowhere does it say who’s doing the coaching.

first thing I want to mention is that it looks likely that Republicans in Congress are about to act and Trump will sign a new law. I expect that this whole situation and the faux outrage being shown by the fake news media and sky screaming leftists will wind up being turned into a victory for Trump and Republicans

the timing of this outrage (and the bail revocation of Paul M) is highly suspect. Hell, let's call it what it is; an overt attempt by the fake news media to create a narrative so that Trump's amazing accomplishment in N Korea can be swept under the rug

It is also an aggressive attempt by the left to ensure continued open borders and an influx of people reliant on government assistance - they are looking to flood the country with people that will vote for them - plain and simple.

But let's talk about the policy. Does ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE that these are a bunch of downtrodden asylum seekers? Really?

The kids that are separated from their parents are treated very well and the separation is typically just a few hours. This is being done while the parents are being charged for the crimes they have committed. Same as if someone robs a store.

But the bigger issue is that many of the children are coming with smugglers. Some of them are being groomed for the sex trade, and some for slave labor.

Democrats and their sycophants in the fake news media are ignoring this. Why? Because they desperately want a tool to bludgeon Trump with and a means to continue an open border policy.

These "asylum seekers" came through Mexico - Mexican authorities have been complicit in trying to damage the USA by assisting in this farce, and it has been going on for many months. Again, why the attention now? Well, we needed a way to bump good news for Trump out of the news cycle...

What are these people running from? Why not stay in Mexico? Why does America have an obligation to bring them in and place them on the welfare rolls? Answer - we don't.

These people are committing crimes; some are giving their kids to smugglers in an attempt to circumvent our laws. These children are being used as pawns, and it is disgusting. We are looking at another example of why we call it the fake news media with this whole situation. The facts are not being fairly presented; all we are getting is a tear jerk story that is being driven to create an election issue.

I would LOVE to hear from any liberal minded person that has an idea about how to solve this; well, any solution that does not involve opening our border and allowing foreign nationals to drain our welfare and medical resources...

Look for the Republican solution to make it through congress, including funding for the wall. Enjoy your tear jerk propaganda show while it lasts folks; libs are being invited to the table to find a solution - does anyone think they will step up and do the right thing for AMERICA and AMERICANS? I hope they do, but I doubt they will.

this article offers some great insight into what is happening:

Separating Kids at Border: The Truth | National Review

Some economic migrants are using children as chits, but the problem is fixable — if Congress acts.

The latest furor over Trump immigration policy involves the separation of children from parents at the border.

As usual, the outrage obscures more than it illuminates, so it’s worth walking through what’s happening here.
The truth about separating kids from their families is this.
THIS IS WHAT THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT DOES.
They did it to the Natives when they invaded this country.
They did it to blacks during slavery.
Now they are doing it to the Mexicans.
Nothing new at all.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Sadly…you are correct. All under the guise of “preserving” whatever the folks in power at the time want to preserve. You forgot the Japanese during WWII, the Irish at the time of the early 1900’s, the homosexuals….

The only people who will believe the spin tRump and the republican congress are about to start pushing are the support base. Everyone else knows this was a problem created by tRump's policies and nothing else. Yes, I know you folks here in the conservative echo chamber will be high fiving each other for a few days, but rest assured, it's a hollow victory that will net you nothing.
Serious question, I'm no expert here: Did this start with Trump, or will we find it only continued with Trump?
Started with tRump

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

What about the pic of “children in cages” the media tried to say was happening under Trump when it really happened under Obama? Illegal immigration in the US has been a problem for years. If everything was fine and dandy, why did Obama feel the need to implement a policy such as DACA?

How could you possibly think this all started with Trump? Bc the media says so?

The only people who will believe the spin tRump and the republican congress are about to start pushing are the support base. Everyone else knows this was a problem created by tRump's policies and nothing else. Yes, I know you folks here in the conservative echo chamber will be high fiving each other for a few days, but rest assured, it's a hollow victory that will net you nothing.
Serious question, I'm no expert here: Did this start with Trump, or will we find it only continued with Trump?
Started with tRump

What about the pic of “children in cages” the media tried to say was happening under Trump when it really happened under Obama? Illegal immigration in the US has been a problem for years. If everything was fine and dandy, why did Obama feel the need to implement a policy such as DACA?

It is trump/sessions "zero tolerance policy" that is the cause of this. To say otherwise Isa flat out lie. Thye are using this issue to pressure Democrats to fund the useless wall.

I am admittedly not following this topic as well as others. Therefore, I ask, can you provide a like to anything that supports your claim that this is a direct (or even indirect) result of a Trump policy?
Trump keeps blaming Democrats for his own policy of family separation

Trump Repeats Falsehood That Democrats Are to Blame for Separating Migrant Families

Analysis | Why the Trump administration bears the blame for separating children from their families at the border

Her are several links, if they aren't enough please let me know.
After reading much of your links, I surmise that this pretty much sums up the situation:
"Having no effective way to detain the parents with their children, Obama administration officials released the families pending the resolution of their asylum cases. Some were given ankle bracelets. Others were simply ordered to return for a court hearing. What they refused to do was to automatically split the children from their parents so that the adults could be detained.

Effectively, they made an exception for illegal immigrants who arrived with children — an exception that Trump administration officials followed until Mr. Sessions imposed a zero-tolerance policy this year."Trump Resisting a Growing Wrath for Separating Migrant Families
Not exactly a sound support of your position. It would seem as though the Trump admin. is merely FOLLOWING THE LAW written and enacted, I might add, BEFORE Trump took office. So, yea, Trump's policies have caused a change in the way things are done. The FACT remains that he is enforcing our immigration law.

Started with tRump

It is trump/sessions "zero tolerance policy" that is the cause of this. To say otherwise Isa flat out lie. Thye are using this issue to pressure Democrats to fund the useless wall.
So, if I understand you correctly, you propose that under certain circumstances our laws do not apply. I wonder, where else does this logic apply?

Started with tRump

Interesting. Obama advocated the end of another "zero tolerance" policy...
Obama administration recommends ending 'zero-tolerance' policies in schools

Remind us, how did that work out for the kids in Parkland, FL.?
Thye are using this issue to pressure Democrats to fund the useless wall.
So, in one post you say the Democrats are basically powerless, then in your very next post you say that Trump is trying to pressure them to do something. Which is it, do they have power or not?
If they have no power, why would Trump waste his time trying to pressure them to do something? Conversely, if they have power, then why have they not ACTED?

Moreover, during the time that the Dems DID have power, what did they do? Rammed through one of the most sweeping laws ever (effectively restructuring 20% of the economy), that we had "to pass it to see what's in it". Was there no immigration issue at that time? If so, what changed?

so no thoughts on a solution?

most Americans want to limit illegal immigration

it will be interesting to see what kind of bill the House winds up passing and what the Senate does with it
Stop separating kids from parents at the border.

How hard was that?

Then what do you with the illegal aliens? How do we process them? Do we set up temp housing for them? How do we make sure they aren't trafficking children? How do we get them back to their own countries and deter them from coming to the US illegally?

Started with tRump

Interesting. Obama advocated the end of another "zero tolerance" policy...
Obama administration recommends ending 'zero-tolerance' policies in schools

Remind us, how did that work out for the kids in Parkland, FL.?
Thye are using this issue to pressure Democrats to fund the useless wall.
So, in one post you say the Democrats are basically powerless, then in your very next post you say that Trump is trying to pressure them to do something. Which is it, do they have power or not?
If they have no power, why would Trump waste his time trying to pressure them to do something? Conversely, if they have power, then why have they not ACTED?

Moreover, during the time that the Dems DID have power, what did they do? Rammed through one of the most sweeping laws ever (effectively restructuring 20% of the economy), that we had "to pass it to see what's in it". Was there no immigration issue at that time? If so, what changed?

And that brought 70,000 children without parents to the US borders in 2014 which helped create the poor conditions the kids had to suffer through in 2014.

Hard time with the belief that we are not smart enough to find better solutions for our immigration problems.

I am admittedly not following this topic as well as others. Therefore, I ask, can you provide a like to anything that supports your claim that this is a direct (or even indirect) result of a Trump policy?
Trump keeps blaming Democrats for his own policy of family separation

Trump Repeats Falsehood That Democrats Are to Blame for Separating Migrant Families

Analysis | Why the Trump administration bears the blame for separating children from their families at the border

Her are several links, if they aren't enough please let me know.
After reading much of your links, I surmise that this pretty much sums up the situation:
"Having no effective way to detain the parents with their children, Obama administration officials released the families pending the resolution of their asylum cases. Some were given ankle bracelets. Others were simply ordered to return for a court hearing. What they refused to do was to automatically split the children from their parents so that the adults could be detained.

Effectively, they made an exception for illegal immigrants who arrived with children — an exception that Trump administration officials followed until Mr. Sessions imposed a zero-tolerance policy this year."Trump Resisting a Growing Wrath for Separating Migrant Families
Not exactly a sound support of your position. It would seem as though the Trump admin. is merely FOLLOWING THE LAW written and enacted, I might add, BEFORE Trump took office. So, yea, Trump's policies have caused a change in the way things are done. The FACT remains that he is enforcing our immigration law.
It is a sound support. tRump and sessions have a choice. They are choosing to separate them. You can push that "enforcing the law" nonsense as much as you want, but then you better insist that people without health insurance pay the fines as well, and that speeding tickets are issued for 1 mph over, and so on.

Started with tRump
no

it did not

the enforcement has been more aggressive under Trump, but the policy did not start with him

these "asylum seekers" are really just pawns being used to make political hay - this is why the democrats refuse to engage in meaningful dialogue to find a real solution

and for those that are actually seeking asylum? they made it to Mexico - why do we need to add them to our welfare rolls?

please tell me why you do not believe that this is an attempt to circumvent Trump's border policy and keep America's Southern border open
Yes, I know you believe what tRump is selling.

No, I don't know how to get you to see the truth.

The only part of that that you have right is the asylum seekers being used as political fodder. tRump is using them to play on people's natural sympathetic reactions so he can push funding for his ridiculous wall.

The truth is that the left is advocating for child smuggling, and demanding that we leave children with human traffickers when those CRIMINALS are detained at the border.

The only time the kids are separated is when the person bringing them is a criminal. Just as I will have children removed from my custody if they are with me when I'm arrested for trespassing, or stealing...likewise the children are removed upon arrest at the border.

The left is demanding we allow the children who are victims of sex traffickers be allowed to remain with the people who are trafficking them...in JAIL.

It's fucking sick.

it will be interesting to see what kind of bill the House winds up passing and what the Senate does with it

How hard was that?

Then what do you with the illegal aliens? How do we process them? Do we set up temp housing for them? How do we make sure they aren't trafficking children? How do we get them back to their own countries and deter them from coming to the US illegally?
How are we doing those things now?

How hard was that?

How are we doing those things now?

Apparently we are doing it all wrong because the left is outraged. I am all for housing the whole family in a detention center and then flying them back to their home country. For majority of children that are trying to come into our country, we need to ship them back to their respective countries and hand them over to the local authorities.

These people should not be allowed to enter into this country illegally, they can follow the same process as those that are entering in legally.

some kids are crying ...SO FREAKIN WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
the MSM making something out of nothing, as usual

Started with tRump

these "asylum seekers" are really just pawns being used to make political hay - this is why the democrats refuse to engage in meaningful dialogue to find a real solution

Odd how you leave the Trump administration out of your statement.

Why are Republicans refusing to engage in meaningful dialogue to find a real solution?

The Republicans control the House, the Senate and the Administration- but when Trump says- 'its the Democrats fault'- you believe that?

Remember- while there were some parents being separated from their children prior to Sessions change in policy- it was extremely limited- to parents suspected of actual crimes- not of entering the country illegally.

Sessions changed the policy to prosecute all adults who arrive in U.S. illegally- and said at the time that this would result in the separation of children from their parents

This is a question of Trump and his Cabinet choosing to enforce some laws over others. The legal landscape did not change between the time the Trump administration released nearly 100,000 immigrants during its first 15 months and the time the zero-tolerance policy took effect in April 2018.

What changed was the administration’s handling of these cases. Undocumented immigrant families seeking asylum previously were released and went into the civil court system, but now the parents are being detained and sent to criminal courts while their kids are resettled in the United States as though they were unaccompanied minors

“We do have a policy of prosecuting adults who flout our laws to come here illegally instead of waiting their turn or claiming asylum at any port of entry,” Sessions said in a speech on June 18 in New Orleans. “We cannot and will not encourage people to bring children by giving them blanket immunity from our laws.”

In a June 7 speech, Sessions said: “I hope that we don’t have to separate any more children from any more adults. But there’s only one way to ensure that is the case: it’s for people to stop smuggling children illegally. Stop crossing the border illegally with your children

Washington Post 6/19/18

Started with tRump

Why are Republicans refusing to engage in meaningful dialogue to find a real solution?

The Republicans control the House, the Senate and the Administration- but when Trump says- 'its the Democrats fault'- you believe that?

Remember- while there were some parents being separated from their children prior to Sessions change in policy- it was extremely limited- to parents suspected of actual crimes- not of entering the country illegally.

Sessions changed the policy to prosecute all adults who arrive in U.S. illegally- and said at the time that this would result in the separation of children from their parents

This is a question of Trump and his Cabinet choosing to enforce some laws over others. The legal landscape did not change between the time the Trump administration released nearly 100,000 immigrants during its first 15 months and the time the zero-tolerance policy took effect in April 2018.

What changed was the administration’s handling of these cases. Undocumented immigrant families seeking asylum previously were released and went into the civil court system, but now the parents are being detained and sent to criminal courts while their kids are resettled in the United States as though they were unaccompanied minors

“We do have a policy of prosecuting adults who flout our laws to come here illegally instead of waiting their turn or claiming asylum at any port of entry,” Sessions said in a speech on June 18 in New Orleans. “We cannot and will not encourage people to bring children by giving them blanket immunity from our laws.”

In a June 7 speech, Sessions said: “I hope that we don’t have to separate any more children from any more adults. But there’s only one way to ensure that is the case: it’s for people to stop smuggling children illegally. Stop crossing the border illegally with your children

Washington Post 6/19/18

Every administration chooses to enforce some laws over others. The issue is we need to deter illegal immigrants from trying to enter the country, how do you purpose we stop them from coming in?

Started with tRump

Washington Post 6/19/18

Every administration chooses to enforce some laws over others. The issue is we need to deter illegal immigrants from trying to enter the country, how do you purpose we stop them from coming in?

That is not the topic of this thread. The topic of this thread is the 'truth' about separating kids from their parents- and while I agree that this policy change was intended at least in part to be a deterrent to illegal immigration- I am addressing the topic of this thread.

The truth is that the current policy of separation is a deliberate policy by the Trump administration, that they are trying to blame on the Democrats- while at the same time knowing that it appeals to at least part of their base.

It is difficult to focus on solutions when the op is set up in such an inflammatory way as if all Dems want open borders and the only are open borders or abusing children.

I've stated possible solutions and just keep getting told I support open borders.

Trump created this unneccessary policy.

IMO illegal immigration isnt our nations top priority. Education, drug addiction, gun violence etc are a higher priority.

That said when it comes to any law enforcement it is never a hundred percent. You do not go after jaywalkers with the same vigor and application of resources that you do rapists. It is the same thing with immigration.

Speed up the deportations of those convicted if violent crimes or trafficking.

Increase the number of immigration judges so we dont have this backlog and people in detention for months.

DO NOT seperate families unkess there is reason to suspect trafficking.

Focus resources on maintaining good cooperation with Mexico at the border. We might have trouble with illegal immigration, they have trouble with illegal guns flowing in to the country.

Focus resources on going after violent offenders and chronic lawbreakers first.

How about going after employers? And msybe increase the number of work visas granted so they can come legally to work and then return.

None of that involves tearing children away from their parents or open borders.

Forum List

Back