The Trillion Dollar Coin.

It's the spending, stupid.

Cap federal spending at 18% of GDP. Cut defense spending by at least 10%. Stop all foreign aid. Eliminate all Corporate Welfare and loan guarantee programs. Repeal Obamacare. Raise Social Security retirement age to 65 for early retirement and 70 for full. Medicare should be reformed by raising eligibility age to 70 and block granted to the states to manage.

Then we need a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution. It's not going to be easy, but it needs to be done. We spend too much.

It's the spending, stupid.

:lol:

Oh so in this cutting frenzy is requirement to work until age 70?

And how exactly does that get done?

You going to require employers to keep employees on until 70?

SSI was established because people got sick and tired of getting fired at 50 and dying at 65 in misery.

If you really wanted to cut all the spending..get government out of the free market.

As in..no more binding arbitration. No more sending in troops to stop strikes.

Free Market and Freedom of Speech.

Have at it.

You didn't read what I wrote, try again.

Your life is YOUR responsibility.The sooner you grasp that simple fact, the freer you will become.

Great. So your idea to increase our debt is in part to fund the expansion of a generous welfare state. Do I understand you correctly?

No. While we can sustain much higher debt levels, long term we would have to raise taxes on the rich (at least) to pay for it.

Why can't we raise taxes on you to pay for it?

Republicans still have the house majority.

It's a distinct possibility they will try these shennigans again.

Heck..they are talking about closing down the government.

GOP Senator: Republicans Need To Be Prepared To Shut Down The Government Over Debt Ceiling Fight - YouTube

If they shut down the government then the out of control spending would stop.
I don't see a negative.

Oh no?

How about they stop giving West Virginny moula to build subs.

Go with that.

Works for me as long as "West Virginny" stops its other spending.
I still don't see a negative.

Forum List

Back