The Tower of Obabble at West Point

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
"I believe in American exceptionalism with every fiber of my being. But what makes us exceptional is not our ability to flout international norms and the rule of law; it is our willingness to affirm them through our actions."

When/what did we flout, Gertrude?

Then he says the military will be used to counter climate change.

Go away mr president....please, go away.

Full transcript of President Obama?s commencement address at West Point - The Washington Post

The cadets weren't exactly thrilled to see him.

CNN Reporter: ?Icy Reception? for Obama from West Pointers During Speech | Mediaite

Obama’s “philosophical” speech to the 2014 graduates of West Point about a new direction for America’s foreign policy was “not a great” speech for that audience, said CNN anchor Jim Clancy on Wednesday. He said that the president did not sound like a “commander-in-chief speaking to his troops” and got an “icy reception” as a result.

Clancy did not criticize the substance of President Obama’s speech outlining a shift in tactics, specifically as it relates to America’s approach to fighting terrorist groups. However, he did think that the defining of a new foreign policy doctrine was not something the attendees wanted to hear.

CNN Reporter: ?Icy Reception? for Obama from West Pointers During Speech | Mediaite

Obama’s “philosophical” speech to the 2014 graduates of West Point about a new direction for America’s foreign policy was “not a great” speech for that audience, said CNN anchor Jim Clancy on Wednesday. He said that the president did not sound like a “commander-in-chief speaking to his troops” and got an “icy reception” as a result.

Clancy did not criticize the substance of President Obama’s speech outlining a shift in tactics, specifically as it relates to America’s approach to fighting terrorist groups. However, he did think that the defining of a new foreign policy doctrine was not something the attendees wanted to hear.

Wait till he hears that on the news....

"I believe in American exceptionalism with every fiber of my being. But what makes us exceptional is not our ability to flout international norms and the rule of law; it is our willingness to affirm them through our actions."

If I say what makes me a good citizen is that I have the ability to hold up a liquor store with my gun, but I choose instead to earn my money, how stupid would you then have to be to ask, "When did you hold up a liquor store?"

Last edited:
I know of very few that actually believe he is anything but an incompetent boob. Quite a few of us openly voice our disgust with him. I'd bet at least 70% of service members are longing to see him gone.

Wait till he hears that on the news....

Clancy will probably still be flogged for his less than fawning coverage.

If I say what makes me a good citizen is that I have the ability to hold up a liquor store with my gun, but I choose instead to earn my money, how stupid would you then have to be to ask, "When did you hold up a liquor store?"

It's a polite way of saying you make no sense ( mr President). I can't recall the rhetorical fallacy he used...took rhetoric back in 1958...but you know what I'm saying.

It's a polite way of saying you make no sense ( mr President). I can't recall the rhetorical fallacy he used...took rhetoric back in 1958...but you know what I'm saying.

"Stating the obvious....."

I remembered....did not google...

I know of very few that actually believe he is anything but an incompetent boob. Quite a few of us openly voice our disgust with him. I'd bet at least 70% of service members are longing to see him gone.

I'd like to see a topic when you arent disgusted or outraged

9qbgns.jpg

Waaahhh Waaaaahhhhh

If he said something about our ability to flout international law then that means he believes we flouted international law. IT is part of his apology tour about "America acting arrogantly at times."

I realize that requires an appreciation for sublety that you lack. But the smarter members here see it.

9qbgns.jpg

Waaahhh Waaaaahhhhh

When you get to your 70s lots of things cause disgust and outrage. Maybe it comes from remembering how it was supposed to be done.

9qbgns.jpg

Waaahhh Waaaaahhhhh

When you get to your 70s lots of things cause disgust and outrage. Maybe it comes from remembering how it was supposed to be done.

Or just becoming old and curmudgeonly

Video: Troops At West Point Gave Liar in Chief “Icy Reception”…

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqEJ9U86Ae4]CNN: 'Icy Reception' for Obama During West Point Visit - YouTube[/ame]

No surprise when you consider the Lying Cocksucker's approval rating among those serving in the military is just 32%.

Via Free Beacon:

CNN’s international correspondent Jim Clancy called the West Point response to President Obama’s meandering foreign policy address “pretty icy” Wednesday.

Clancy said it was “not really a great speech to give at the U.S. Military Academy,” and the address has drawn bipartisan criticism.

“It was a philosophical speech,” he said. “It was not a Commander-in-Chief speaking to his troops. And you heard the reception. I mean, it was pretty icy.”

dimocraps suck

I feel sorry for anyone who had to have their graduations ruined by either of the Obama's

Michelle tell's kids to get in their parents face, the other just babbles his gibberish nonsense

they just force themselves on everybody

9qbgns.jpg

Waaahhh Waaaaahhhhh

Start a thread on killing yourself.

Take suggestions

I feel sorry for anyone who had to have their graduations ruined by either of the Obama's

Michelle tell's kids to get in their parents face, the other just babbles his gibberish nonsense

West Point is considered the finest University in the World. It's graduates, once they complete their Military Service, are the most sought after potential employees on Earth.

They'll be fine.

West Point is considered the finest University in the World. It's graduates, once they complete their Military Service, are the most sought after potential employees on Earth.

They'll be fine.
Maybe the school should have given them a trigger warning that Obama's crapulous pablum might traumatize them.
Nah, they're tougher than that.

If he said something about our ability to flout international law then that means he believes we flouted international law. IT is part of his apology tour about "America acting arrogantly at times."

I realize that requires an appreciation for sublety that you lack. But the smarter members here see it.

obama didn't say international law. He said international norms. Which means we need to conform our actions to what everyone else is doing. That's not a president.

"Stating the obvious....."

I remembered....did not google...

With a smidgen of "false choice"....and the smell of a "Trojan horse"

Forum List

Back