The things you discover only after Obama is re-elected

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wehrwolfen, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Wehrwolfen

Wehrwolfen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    The things you discover only after Obama is re-elected​

www.Flopping Aces ^
    2-08-12
    By: DrJohn

Over at Huffington Post Robert Greenwald discovers that Obama has been killing children with drones
    During my recent trip to Pakistan as part of our upcoming documentary film, Drones Exposed, I was struck most by the stories told to me by children who had experienced a U.S. drone strike firsthand. The impact of America’s drone war in the likes of Pakistan and Yemen will linger on, especially for the loved ones of the 178 children killed in those countries by U.S. drone strikes.
    War Costs’ latest video (with accompanying report) brings attention to the children who have died as a result of drone strikes. The video names some of the children who perished in these strikes, and points out the obfuscation tactics of American officials who will not own up to the significant amount of civilian casualties that have occurred due to this legally- and morally-dubious policy.
    In addition to the video, War Costs offers this report detailing the effects of drone strikes on children. The findings come mainly from the diligent investigative reporting of TBIJ and the groundbreaking reports on the impact of drone strikes by Stanford and New York University researchers (Living Under Drones: Death, Injury and Trauma to Civilians from US Drone Practices in Pakistan) and researchers at Columbia University (The Civilian Impact of Drones: Unexamined Costs, Unanswered Questions).
    In an effort to compel answers about why these innocent civilians have died without acknowledgement or explanation from the U.S. government, War Costs is calling on the U.S. House of Representatives to debate and pass Rep. Dennis Kucinich's bill that calls for more transparency regarding U.S. drone strike policy.
    The hat was too tight
    Dana Milbank discovers that Obama lied about being transparent:
    “My administration,” President Obama wrote on his first day in office, “is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government.”
    Those were strong and hopeful words. Four years later, it is becoming more and more clear that they were just words.

~~~~~​

But these don’t amount to the “unprecedented level of openness” Obama promised. The few advances that have been made are mostly administrative changes that will end with the Obama administration. “We haven’t seen that many, if any, legislative initiatives from the White House,” Weismann lamented at Monday’s gathering of the open-government advocates.
    Consider the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act, a bill with bipartisan support that would make it easier to track government spending by requiring agencies to report expenditures in a uniform way online. The legislation is so uncontroversial that it passed the House on a voice vote. But the Obama administration raised objections — and the transparency law has yet to see the light of day.
    All those new jobs over the last five months? We discover that three quarters of them were created by the government:

(excerpt)

Read more:
    The things you discover only after Obama is re-elected [Reader Post] | Flopping Aces

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist "Remain Calm People!" Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,082
    Those aren't children. They're "Suspect Militants" (and their neighbors. Oops! Collateral Damage)

Drone Strikes. Coming to an American City near you.

3. Freewill

Freewill Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,985
    What you are pointing out was not unknown before the election, at least by those who try and stay informed. But I will bet if the majority of Democrats were asked they would say "no way." They, by design, stay uninformed of such things or merely blow it off as being a right wing conspiracy theory. That clears their conscience of any guilt, they didn't know. So you will see this thread mostly ignored. Here is some more news on Obama. Remember, Bush may or may have not done the same but he didn't promise to do otherwise as did Obama.

Obama’s unprecedented war on whistleblowers

Obama’s unprecedented war on whistleblowers - Salon.com

4. Freewill

Freewill Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,985
    I was watching THC program about the Navy SEALS and how they and the British SAS went into Bosnia to kidnap suspected genocide criminals. Why? Because they were going to bring them to trial. Trial that the American citizen and his 16 year old son never had along with a host of others on Obama's death panel list.

Just like with everything liberal, the result is always the direct opposite of their stated intent. What in the Hell was America thinking?

Kill-list 2.0: Obama’s ‘disposition matrix’ maps out extrajudicial murders for years to come

Kill-list 2.0: Obama

5. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,781
    Are you surprised that the media has remained silent about this?

6. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,471
    Does the right wing favor or oppose hunting terrorists with drones?

7. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,302
    Thank God for dead terrorists.

8. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,742
    And dead women and children too! Seeing how the operations are actually creating more "terrorists" than it's managing to take out. I think the real terrorists are the US military and it's command in the White House.

9. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,742
    Does the left support the deaths of innocent women and children? Is that what you're trying to say? Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet, right?

10. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,796
    I discovered a groundhog living under one of my sheds after Obama was re-elected.