the text of S&Ps statement, they blame republicans

Aren't you going to bother pluck out the quote supporting the assertion in your OP...?

Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon.

The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. We could lower the long-term rating to 'AA' within the next two years if we see that less reduction in spending than agreed to, higher interest rates, or new fiscal pressures during the period result in a higher general government debt trajectory than we currently assume in our base case.

That's funny. I see a whole lot of "congress and the administration", and "democrats and republicans" in their statement. Didja actually read it, or are you just regurgitating some talking point that you received?

Silly question. Of course its the second option.

• Banned
That is a quote, fire up some of those brain cells in between your ears.

Last edited:
  • Banned
That's funny. I see a whole lot of "congress and the administration", and "democrats and republicans" in their statement. Didja actually read it, or are you just regurgitating some talking point that you received?

If you have some sailent point can you make it?

Otherwise remember personal insults dont make facts dissapear.

S & P statement on U.S. debt downgrade - CBS News

13th paragraph

"We have changed our assumption on this because the majority of Republicans in Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise revenues, a position we believe Congress reinforced by passing the act."

I see you edited as I was making my post so at least you tried........ :lol:

Did you notice they threatened to downgrade even further...?

We could lower the long-term rating to 'AA' within the next two years if we see that less reduction in spending than agreed to ...

S & P statement on U.S. debt downgrade - CBS News

13th paragraph

"We have changed our assumption on this because the majority of Republicans in Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise revenues, a position we believe Congress reinforced by passing the act."

Standard & Poor's takes no position on the mix of spending and revenue measures that Congress and the Administration might conclude is appropriate for putting the U.S.'s finances on a sustainable footing.

NEED TISSUE?

If you have some sailent point can you make it?

Otherwise remember personal insults dont make facts dissapear.

I accomplished both. Not surprising that you are unable to comprehend the point that shot your argument to hell. :thup:

Oh, like you didn't add the quote after the fact...? :eusa_liar:

The fact that they mention the Republicans does not amount to blame in the full context.

They said clearly that we need to raise taxes too.

Everyone with a brain and No religious devotoion to Norquist knows just cuts wont do it.

We have to bring in more money and cut.

We have been cutting and cutting.

Now we need to raise taxes to fix this mess.

Pretending we can fix it and not raise taxes is what the S&P said they made their decision on.

The fact that they mention the Republicans does not amount to blame in the full context.

I do that all the time, its how I know to post a link and a quote together . I post the link and then I go get the quote and post it.

Its how I have done it for years on here.

The new leftist phrase for raising taxes is "raising revenues". Of course, the leftists are incapable of understanding that raising taxes leaves those "evil rich people who make over $250K a year" with LESS disposable income, resulting in LESS money they can spend and invest in the marketplace.

The leftists also can't understand the fact that if ALL people making over $250K a year were taxed at 100% (in other words, ALL of their money was taken from them), it would only reduce the budget deficit by 50%.

Wait until our dollar inflates - the progressive retards will blame inflation on "greed."

Progressives are extremely stupid people.

I do that all the time, its how I know to post a link and a quote together . I post the link and then I go get the quote and post it.

Wait.

You're admitting that you're too stupid to post a link and a quote in a post at the same time?

I am strangely not surprised.

Just curious as to why you named yourself, "TruthMatters" when every post I've read of yours is nothing but propaganda, utter bullshit, and outright lies?!! You should be the posterboy for the DNC.

Forum List

Back