The 'Take Care of Me' Society is Wrecking the USA

So a pharmacist with 20+ years of experience. Has taught at two colleges. 4 years of college. 4 years of pharmacy school, and 2 years of residency. He would be more valuable picking cotton. You're serious?

I think what she meant was, it would be better if he picked cotton while waiting for something better to open up instead of complaining about no jobs when obviously there are jobs but people choose not to do them.

Oh, he's also a paramedic...which he does for "fun". That's how we met. He absolutely LOVES EMS work, and works at it every chance he gets. Not lazy AT ALL! And is just as conservative as you guys.

Most people who have worked and paid taxes and understand the value of a dollar are conservative. I hope he gets back to doing what he loves to do.

I know a lady who lost her pharmaceutical sales job and opted to collect unemployment and just be a stay at home mom until the gravy train ends.

It's a lot more prevalent than you think.

I think it's ridiculous to blame this sort of thing on the people who take advantage of it. Blame the idiots who create and maintain the state dependency. This woman is choosing the best option in a shitty situation, and as important as being at home with your kids is, I'd do the same damned thing.

You don't like the things that the rules afford people? Change the rules. Don't blame people making perfectly rational decisions.

Why would I NOT blame the people taking advantage of it as you say? Who the fuck else would I blame if not the person doing it? Jesus... ever hear of free will? Lot's of people EVERY DAY choose to do the right thing.

Good Lord you people flummox me.

Yes, those damn people collecting $125 a week on unemployment.

Meanwhile Romney gets millions in tax breaks and never gets a job.

Sorry, unnatural girl.

It was Wall Street that destroyed the world economy.

not_this_shit_again.jpg

I'm sure it was the unemployed that bundled bad mortgages and sold them to the world's banks until the entire system collapsed.

Are you really this ignorant?

I'm lucky to be old enough to have gotten a decent job when they still existed. So we have a nation of people who want "something for nothing"? When there is "nothing" to get, how can you want for something?

You should be thankful that you didn't graduate from high school (and college?) during a global economy.

Yah, there are some spoiled brats out there, but kids these days do NOT have the same opportunities we had. And anyone who believes that they do have the same opportunities, is sniffing glue; and is out of touch with reality.

What an unfortunate existence you must lead if this is your outlook on life.

Enjoy!

Just FYI, I was diagnosed with mulitiple sclerosis on 12/29/2011. These haven't exactly been the happiest days of my life, recently. Sorry, if I seem to be a bit jaded.

I just don't feel too optimistic, because we are competing with the entire world, as we are involved in a global economy now. I saw my hometown absolutely hulled, when two major corporations pulled out. Levi Strauss (not unionized) and YKK (also not unionized). I'm not sure where YKK went, but Levi Strauss went to Mexico.

My hometown is a shadow of its former self. Those two corporations employed a large segment of the population. Some used the opportunity to improve themselves, which is good. Some, have struggled since then.

Things change. It's a part of life. It doesn't make it any easier. I'm just glad that I don't live there anymore.

I think what she meant was, it would be better if he picked cotton while waiting for something better to open up instead of complaining about no jobs when obviously there are jobs but people choose not to do them.

Oh, he's also a paramedic...which he does for "fun". That's how we met. He absolutely LOVES EMS work, and works at it every chance he gets. Not lazy AT ALL! And is just as conservative as you guys.

Most people who have worked and paid taxes and understand the value of a dollar are conservative. I hope he gets back to doing what he loves to do.

Oh, if he had his choice, he would be in EMS full time. It just pays about 1/3 of what he's used to making, so...he isn't willing to give up the lifestyle...and I understand that. He's a very hard worker.

That is a load of shit. You probably believe it, though.

That is a load of shit. You probably believe it, though.

Yeah... I call bullshit on that too. I've always avoided work like the plague, paid as little in taxes as I can get away and always seem to be broke - yet I consider myself conservative. ;)

I'll give my 2 cents worth on the economy. This crap started about 30 years ago and has been growing and fermenting. I think it started with some of the deregulation-"Government is the problem." Greed has grown exponentially since the early 80's.

And as I've said before, this giant, 30-year old, mammoth-sized turd was birthed right before or about the time Obama walked through the White House doors.
He got a pile of steaming 30-year old shit.

"$450 billion missing revenue in 2006". Anyone have any idea how much we are generally short? If 450 billion is typical, I won't bring it up again.

DC caused it? I say we blame both DC and Wall Street. We had both GOP and Democrats engaging in insider trading. After meeting with Bernanke, Bachus (from the description) it seems went and bought a crap load of put options. How convenient. That's just like going to a craps table with loaded dice and having security's permission to use them.

Same with Boehner, though I forget his specifics. Oh, and Pelosi with Visa.

One has to ask themself: "Are these people working for me?"

And I agree with the assertion that there WAS predatory lending in the late 90's early 00's. Yes, it is one's responsibility to understand what they're signing before they sign it. But even if some people could sit down and read the 200-300 page document, most of them wouldn't understand it-loaded with legal jargon.

Wall street/DC equally guilty-depending upon the representative or senator. There probably are some genuinely good people in congress. They're not usually the ones who make the news, but they're out there.

I'll give my 2 cents worth on the economy. This crap started about 30 years ago and has been growing and fermenting. I think it started with some of the deregulation-"Government is the problem."....

I've said it before, but I think it's a drum worth beating - it's not regulation vs. deregulation. It's good regulation vs. bad regulation. Both sides get duped in this debate. Liberals get conned into regulatory schemes that are just competition killers to enhance the fortunes of the vested interests, and conservatives fall for 'selective' deregulation that simply allows unscrupulous profiteering, taking advantage of the presumed 'consumer protection' of existing regs.

I still say we need constitutional protection keeping government out of the economy.

The real problem is the massive redistribution of wealth from the Middle Class to the top 1%.

I'm lucky to be old enough to have gotten a decent job when they still existed. So we have a nation of people who want "something for nothing"? When there is "nothing" to get, how can you want for something?

You should be thankful that you didn't graduate from high school (and college?) during a global economy.

Yah, there are some spoiled brats out there, but kids these days do NOT have the same opportunities we had. And anyone who believes that they do have the same opportunities, is sniffing glue; and is out of touch with reality.

It might be worthwhile to consider where all the opportunities went.

I have a hard time looking down my nose at poor people on welfare when our biggest banks and corporations get it by the billions.

Yet, it's the same politicians paying off their banker buddies, the ones who contribute billions to campaign "war chests" to the same people voting loads of taxpayer dollars into their banker coffers, who the "little" guys (welfare recipients) keep putting back into office. Politicians buy their support, both large and small, by pumping taxpayer dollars into their pockets. The little welfare whores are just a lot cheaper than the bankers, although they certainly do not launder very much back into the pols hands.

:It's not a 'take care of me society" ya brainwashed dupes, it's another GD Pub Great Depression, though thank God this time the Dems were there QUICKLY this time...and now the Pubs and the dupes want to do it AGAIN...

The real problem is the massive redistribution of wealth from the Middle Class to the top 1%.

Exactly.

The Reagan Bush tax cuts for the rich transferred trillions of dollar from middle class to the wealthy.

It was without doubt the greatest transfer of wealth in American history.

It might be worthwhile to consider where all the opportunities went.

2nd and 3rd world countries. Robots or computers do the jobs that humans used to do. Manufacturing is history for the most part, in this country.

We are not just competing with Americans now; we are competing with people all over the globe....hence "global economy", for opportunities.

Some jobs go to people who come here illegally (whom I don't blame...as there don't seem to be many job opportunities in El Salvador) and the criminals who hire them, somehow continue to get away with it, unscathed.

Where do you think the opportunities are going? Everything I've seen and read in the last 20 years tell me what I've listed.

Last edited:
:It's not a 'take care of me society" ya brainwashed dupes, it's another GD Pub Great Depression, though thank God this time the Dems were there QUICKLY this time...and now the Pubs and the dupes want to do it AGAIN...

Yes, it's definitely a depression. I've wondered why people won't just come out and call it what it is. Maybe they were afraid people would panic, and make a run on the banks?

The apples of the depression, have been replaced by newspapers. In my city, the homeless and despondent sell a homeless newspaper. I usually pass 5 panhandlers on the way to work.

There have always been panhandlers in this city, but NOTHING like now. It has tapered off, but for awhile, we were averaging about 5-6 "suicides, suicide attempts, or threats of suicide" a shift. We've had some DARK years.

Forum List

Back