But it's not a waste of time.

Survey Says: Atheism is on the Rise Worldwide (and in America)

Pew Survey Predicts Rise In Atheism In US, Europe Despite Growing Religiosity Worldwide

Why ruin it for them? Because I don't want a 15 year old boy thinking if he blows me and himself up for Allah he will have 42 virgins waiting for him in heaven. Because I don't want stem cell research stopped because of these stupid fuckers. Because I don't want gay people feeling bad about themselves because these people have been brainwashed by a cult.

I truly believe religion has held us back 10,000 years

And how has that worked out for you so far in this thread? :D

The seven countries where the state can execute you for being atheist

Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afghanistan, Sudan, the West African state of Mauritania, and the Maldives, an island nation in the Indian Ocean.

Atheist Law Student Hacked To Death In Bangladesh

I'm sure Christians wish they could behead us.

"I'm sure Christians wish they could behead us."

Christians......behead?????

I'd suggest you confine your posting to topics about which you know anything...but then you'd be mute.

Today's vocabulary lesson:

Syncretic
noun
the attempted reconciliation or union of differentor opposing principles, practices, or parties, as in philosophy or religion.
the definition of syncretic
Aren't you a warrior for the babies?

Ready for your vocabulary test?
A woman in Phoenix is under arrest after telling police she shot and killed an atheist for not believing in God.

The Phoenix Police Department reports that 39-year-old Anitra Braxton has been charged with murder after police found the body of a woman on her couch inside her apartment on December 26.

- See more at: Arizona Woman Shoots And Kills Atheist For Not Believing In God

I just love how you justify your cowardice. Here, you break your necks to "inform" us how God isn't real and we're a bunch of idiots for believing... exacerbating the world's problems with our religions... wasting our time with fairy tales and nonsense... but when it comes to your own family who you purport to love, you clam up and go along with the program.

Conveniently, you claim this is "live and let live" philosophy but we never see that side of you here... we see "search and destroy at all costs!" It's just funny how your deep convictions seem to abandon you when confronted with family members.

I bet you guys are really cute when called on to give grace. You probably sit there acting all shy and embarrassed, insisting someone else do it... not courageous enough to tell them you don't believe in their god. Or maybe you mutter through with a "god is good, god is great, let us thank him for our food... amen!" It's just a few words that don't mean anything to you, right? And what's the harm as long as you're all getting along and it gets you to the potato salad?

On the night of October 18, 2004, Arthur Shelton called the cops… on himself. He had just shot and killed his atheist roommate Larry Hooper. The reason?

Shelton stated that Hooper was the devil and that he shot Hooper “hopefully enough” and “as many times as I could; I still want to keep going.” Shelton indicated he wanted to make sure that Hooper was “gone.”

Officers soon arrived on the scene and arrested Shelton, who was cooperative. Shelton told the officers several times that he did not want to talk to anyone unless that person believed in God. He further stated that he trusted the officers because he believed that the officers believed in God. Shelton also stated that he shot Hooper because Hooper was “evil” and “possibly the devil.” Shelton talked to the officers about God and being an Eagle Scout. Shelton stated that he could be trusted to tell the truth because he was an Eagle Scout.

But boss suggested I tell my christian brother who I get along with great what I think. He might not chop my head off but I'm sure he'd be highly offended. But at least he's not forcing his religion on me so I won't insult his God.

Now if he comes to this thread I'll let him have it. Any theist who comes here should expect to be mocked.

Thanks for admitting that I was right and you're a sniveling little coward in real life who can't stand up for your own convictions. You'd rather let your family pay thousands of dollars and all their time praying over you to send you into an afterlife you believe is a joke and doesn't exist.

So, first you revealed that you became this "atheist-agnostic" because your buddies ridiculed you believing in God. Now, you don't have the courage to be honest with your family about what you really believe.

It's sad that in order for you to feel good about yourself, you need to come here and ridicule others as you hide behind the anonymity of your keyboard. Your little band of friends chiming in to decorate your posts with ornaments of appreciation makes you feel like a big person.

It's really about as pathetic as you can be.
Are you going to suggest they don't really have evidence for this?

“Our discovery, if confirmed, would explain how these monster black holes were born,” said Fabio Pacucci, lead author of the study, of Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa, Italy. "This new result helps to explain why we see supermassive black holes less than one billion years after the Big Bang."

For years astronomers have debated how the earliest generation of supermassive black holes formed very quickly, relatively speaking, after the Big Bang. Now, an Italian team has identified two objects in the early Universe that seem to be the origin of these early supermassive black holes. Using data from Hubble and two other space telescopes, Italian researchers have found the best evidence yet for the seeds that ultimately grow into these cosmic giants.

Now you and my dad can't understand the science behind this so you are skeptical about what you don't understand. And trust me, if you ask a question about it, you can bet science has already asked and answered that question.

What the hell are you even yammering about? Do supermassive black holes somehow disprove God??? :dunno: Where is the Science?

I just love how you justify your cowardice. Here, you break your necks to "inform" us how God isn't real and we're a bunch of idiots for believing... exacerbating the world's problems with our religions... wasting our time with fairy tales and nonsense... but when it comes to your own family who you purport to love, you clam up and go along with the program.

Conveniently, you claim this is "live and let live" philosophy but we never see that side of you here... we see "search and destroy at all costs!" It's just funny how your deep convictions seem to abandon you when confronted with family members.

I bet you guys are really cute when called on to give grace. You probably sit there acting all shy and embarrassed, insisting someone else do it... not courageous enough to tell them you don't believe in their god. Or maybe you mutter through with a "god is good, god is great, let us thank him for our food... amen!" It's just a few words that don't mean anything to you, right? And what's the harm as long as you're all getting along and it gets you to the potato salad?
That's exactly right. Even at church or a funeral I do the cross thing with my hands. BFD. It really means NOTHING to me for me to say it because I'm saying it to NOTHING.

But yea, I don't want to rock the boat. What I want is for religion to go away so in 100 years my great great great nephews can sleep in on Sundays and stop pretending because mama, gramma, the priest and every other family member won't shun you if you admit you don't believe.

My brother sorta kinda knows I don't believe. I've said a few things hinting at it but when I got a theistic reply back, I stopped discussing. I don't want to hurt his feelings or lose my relationship with him. You on the other hand I don't give two shits about.

If we can't come here and speak the truth, where can we? USMB is my church.

But boss suggested I tell my christian brother who I get along with great what I think. He might not chop my head off but I'm sure he'd be highly offended. But at least he's not forcing his religion on me so I won't insult his God.

Now if he comes to this thread I'll let him have it. Any theist who comes here should expect to be mocked.

Thanks for admitting that I was right and you're a sniveling little coward in real life who can't stand up for your own convictions. You'd rather let your family pay thousands of dollars and all their time praying over you to send you into an afterlife you believe is a joke and doesn't exist.

So, first you revealed that you became this "atheist-agnostic" because your buddies ridiculed you believing in God. Now, you don't have the courage to be honest with your family about what you really believe.

It's sad that in order for you to feel good about yourself, you need to come here and ridicule others as you hide behind the anonymity of your keyboard. Your little band of friends chiming in to decorate your posts with ornaments of appreciation makes you feel like a big person.

It's really about as pathetic as you can be.
Are you going to suggest they don't really have evidence for this?

“Our discovery, if confirmed, would explain how these monster black holes were born,” said Fabio Pacucci, lead author of the study, of Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa, Italy. "This new result helps to explain why we see supermassive black holes less than one billion years after the Big Bang."

For years astronomers have debated how the earliest generation of supermassive black holes formed very quickly, relatively speaking, after the Big Bang. Now, an Italian team has identified two objects in the early Universe that seem to be the origin of these early supermassive black holes. Using data from Hubble and two other space telescopes, Italian researchers have found the best evidence yet for the seeds that ultimately grow into these cosmic giants.

Now you and my dad can't understand the science behind this so you are skeptical about what you don't understand. And trust me, if you ask a question about it, you can bet science has already asked and answered that question.

What the hell are you even yammering about? Do supermassive black holes somehow disprove God??? :dunno: Where is the Science?
Right in front of your face dumbass.

On the night of October 18, 2004, Arthur Shelton called the cops… on himself. He had just shot and killed his atheist roommate Larry Hooper. The reason?

Shelton stated that Hooper was the devil and that he shot Hooper “hopefully enough” and “as many times as I could; I still want to keep going.” Shelton indicated he wanted to make sure that Hooper was “gone.”

Officers soon arrived on the scene and arrested Shelton, who was cooperative. Shelton told the officers several times that he did not want to talk to anyone unless that person believed in God. He further stated that he trusted the officers because he believed that the officers believed in God. Shelton also stated that he shot Hooper because Hooper was “evil” and “possibly the devil.” Shelton talked to the officers about God and being an Eagle Scout. Shelton stated that he could be trusted to tell the truth because he was an Eagle Scout.

Oh... so NOW we're going to the nut bag? Well... as an Atheist, you should certainly avoid dropping acid. An atheist friend of mine from high school tripped on acid and thought he was Jesus returned. He ended up carving a cross in his chest, standing on the roof outside the 2nd floor dormer of his bedroom where he dove head first into the patio below to prove his immortality. Turns out, he wasn't the messiah after all.

Oh... so NOW we're going to the nut bag? Well... as an Atheist, you should certainly avoid dropping acid. An atheist friend of mine from high school tripped on acid and thought he was Jesus returned. He ended up carving a cross in his chest, standing on the roof outside the 2nd floor dormer of his bedroom where he dove head first into the patio below to prove his immortality. Turns out, he wasn't the messiah after all.
How can he be an atheist if he believes in messiah's? I call bullshit.

Here is another nut job who has issues with god.

CALGARY, Alberta – A Canadian man has been found not criminally responsible for killing five people in a stabbing rampage. The 24-year-old admits he killed five people at a house party in 2014. During the trial, the judge heard that de Grood became withdrawn about a month before the attack and started posting about the end of the world, religion, vampires and Darth Vader on Facebook.

And how has that worked out for you so far in this thread? :D

Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afghanistan, Sudan, the West African state of Mauritania, and the Maldives, an island nation in the Indian Ocean.

I'd suggest you confine your posting to topics about which you know anything...but then you'd be mute.

Syncretic
noun
the attempted reconciliation or union of differentor opposing principles, practices, or parties, as in philosophy or religion.

Yes

Liberals are criticizing conservative talk show host Bill O'Reilly for his harsh comments about Dr. George Tiller, who was shot to death while attending church on May 31, 2009, in Wichita, Kan.

Their argument is that O'Reilly repeatedly named Tiller as a late-term abortion provider and called him a "baby killer." That publicity contributed to Tiller's death, they say. Antiabortion activist Scott Roeder, 51, has been charged with Tiller's murder.

This is based on your insane post stating that Christians aim to behead those who don't believe.

Now...using the term I just taught you...'syncretic'....explain what is wrong with this bumper-sticker:

"Kill a Commie For Christ!!"

or

"Support Mental Health Or I'll Kill You!!"

No erasing and no crossing out.

Take your time.

Syncretic
noun

Yes

Liberals are criticizing conservative talk show host Bill O'Reilly for his harsh comments about Dr. George Tiller, who was shot to death while attending church on May 31, 2009, in Wichita, Kan.

Their argument is that O'Reilly repeatedly named Tiller as a late-term abortion provider and called him a "baby killer." That publicity contributed to Tiller's death, they say. Antiabortion activist Scott Roeder, 51, has been charged with Tiller's murder.

This is based on your insane post stating that Christians aim to behead those who don't believe.

Now...using the term I just taught you...'syncretic'....explain what is wrong with this bumper-sticker:

First of all, Christians don't have a problem with killing. Not one bit. It's murder they have a problem with. So is it that you
a. Don't know that?
b. Or were you trying to trick me?

Saying grace? I have not 'said grace" since I was 9 years old. For one thing, i never sit down to eat with people who would be rude enough to ask me to do that. if they did, I would probably go into some sort of Flip Wilson Routine:

Syncretic
noun

Yes

or

"Support Mental Health Or I'll Kill You!!"

No erasing and no crossing out.

Take your time.
"Real" Muslims don't believe in murder either but define a "real Muslim" or a real Christian for that matter. You think you are a real Christian because your preacher told you that you are and that what he is teaching you is the real teachings of Christ. Maybe the next preacher won't teach the same shit you learned.

I'll give you that out of all the delusions yours is the nicest one.

First of all, Christians don't have a problem with killing.

Then you don't understand Christianity.
I'm just repeating what Christians have told me. If a burglar broke into their house, they would have no problem killing that person. They say killing and murder are two different things.

Maybe Christians don't understand Christianity.

You certainly don't. That's why you aren't one.

How can he be an atheist if he believes in messiah's? I call bullshit.

I guess you missed the "tripping on acid" part? :dunno:
Being on drugs would explain why they believe in god. What's your excuse?

Personal revelation are usually emotional or perceptual in content and therefore unremarkable among the many cognitive processes brains exhibit, including dreams and hallucinations. These experiences may even be artificially induced by narcotics or magnetic fields. Extreme cases may be diagnosed as a form of schizophrenia or psychosis.

I'm just repeating what Christians have told me.

Well then, they don't understand Christianity.

One of the main commandments in Christianity is "Thou shalt not kill." ...Doesn't say "murder" it says "kill." The doctrine of Jesus Christ teaches love and forgiveness. You should love and forgive the person who broke into your house... that's what a Christian is mandated to do by God.

Being on drugs would explain why they believe in god. What's your excuse?

Again, I believe in Spiritual Nature because I experience it. I'm a very weak believer in anything without evidence. If I didn't have a spiritual experience, I couldn't believe in Spiritual Nature.

First of all, Christians don't have a problem with killing.

Then you don't understand Christianity.
Have you seen the thread "is killing abortion doctors a moral right?" You're a Christian apologist cherry picker. You now make me laugh. I used to take you seriously now you're just being intellectually dishonest and stupid

I know a good deal about Christianity, I've given the religion a great deal of thought. My thoughts go deep tissue. I love to explore and discover. So over the course of my 56+ years, I have absorbed a good deal of information about this particular religion. "Apologist cherry picker" are pretty strong words, I wouldn't say that's what I do at all. I am attempting to inform you as to what I know. I don't profess beliefs in any religion, I've already told you that numerous times.

Your problem is, you don't know how to handle ME in an argument because I am not Christian and you can't attack me on that. I'm also not a Muslim or Jew. I don't profess a "Religious" belief... other than, Spiritual Nature, which sometimes in conversation, I may call "God" for convenience. Unlike you, I respect people who have Christian faith and uphold it. I know people like that, they are exceptional human beings and if everyone were like them, we'd have heaven on Earth. That said, I also know a healthy dose of people who CLAIM they are Christian but have no clue.... there are literally Atheists who are more "Christian" in their behavior.

But not being able to tie me to a Religion, you find it hard to argue against me... over and over, in thread after thread, we get to this point where you just start acting silly. You're totally lost as to what to do with me. I can't tell you how much enjoyment I get out of reading your attempts at hiding this frustration. I just thought you'd like to know that.

Forum List

Back