The Straussian Neo-Conservative - I Suggest You Read This

Oh come on! The Christian right basically voted him in in '04. Kerry didn't even bother campaigning in southern red states for this very reason.

You don't think this has to do with his position on religious social issues?

He double-crossed the conservatives who voted for him in 2000 for his small government, no nation-building platform by obviously NOT sticking to that, but still managed to hold onto the staunch christian base who could care less about things like that as long as gays can't marry and stem-cell research and abortion are opposed.

The man is a fraud. One of the worst politicians in US history, and that's without even counting his handling of Iraq.

He doesn't even deserve the credit he DOES still get these days...who is GW Bush without Karl Rove...

And on a different note, I think the reason neo-cons are accused of being jewish/israeli conspiratists is because there's so many prominent neo-cons that are jewish, or dual citizens of Israel.

We can probably all agree though, that Bush 43's administration has been way more supportive of Israel than any other administration. It sometimes seems to me that the U.S. is forsaken for Israel's "best interest". Israel can defend itself, and SHOULD.

If you like Israel so much, go fucking live there.

Maybe the Christian right is it bit more aware of Bin Ladens intentions and the consequences of him succeeding.

I stand corrected. Like many academics, however, they had no real life experience upon which to base their economic and social theories. They were, at best, a pair of dilettantes. Yet their influence has been felt by many the world over since their deaths.

I think dilettantes is a bit harsh. If you read Engels Conditions of the Working Class etc, which he wrote before he met Marx, you can't fail but to be struck by Engels' humanity. It's a very illuminating read. As for Marx. If you read his economic writings you'll see that he had a penetrating analysis of capitalism. I think he wrote most of his economic analyses in the mid-19th Century. Granted he was influenced by the excesses he saw around him but still his analyses, if you read him in the original works, is damn sharp.

Forum List

Back