The Southern Strategy

Noted to the mods the opponents of the OP are attacking personality and not the OP. Shitty behavior.

To the OP: the Southern Strategy is a fact, undeniable, and constantly thrown back into the faces of hard core reactionaries of the far right. So they attack personality because they can't rebut the fact.
Note to fake, kiss my ass you fraud... take your Geritol:slap:
Note to the mods, that Jroc is attacking personality and not the OP because he can't do anything else. Damn whippersnapper. :lol: Sonny, you can't even keep up with your own age group much less your elders.

Last edited:
A very good historical piece and on how the south got to be republican and the mindset of the southern cracker

No, I am pretty sure it was all the redneck jokes, trailer park jokes, and inbred retards calling people "crackers" with expectant moral authority.

The left's stupidity and racism lost them the South, and now you bastards have erected a real southern strategy to steal it back when white southerns still hate you.

A very good historical piece and on how the south got to be republican and the mindset of the southern cracker

No, I am pretty sure it was all the redneck jokes, trailer park jokes, and inbred retards calling people "crackers" with expectant moral authority.

The left's stupidity and racism lost them the South, and now you bastards have erected a real southern strategy to steal it back when white southerns still hate you.
In part, the Democrats' turning against white racism lost them the South to the white majority.

The Southern strategy refers to a Republican Party strategy of gaining political support for certain candidates in the Southern United States by appealing to racism against African Americans. Lee Atwater has been credited with being the founder of this political tactic.

The southern strategies main purpose was to transform the south from blue states to red states by invoking the reality of institutional racism. This transformation is one of the most significant in American history. It is also one of the main factors that make modern politics what it is today. However, this transformation is a mystery to most people. People did not just wake up one day and start voting for Republicans in the south.

House Of Public Discourse Why Do Poor Uneducated White People Vote Republican

I'd say the strategy certainly worked.

350px-82_us_house_membership.png

Red State Blue States -1950

Red-States-Blue-States.png

Red State Blue States 2000-2012

1976.gif

1996.gif

In part, the Democrats' turning against white racism lost them the South to the white majority.
"In short" liberals are the most intolerant bigots in the country .."in short"

Last edited:

"In short" liberals are the most intolerant bigots in the the country .."in short"
You are the master of the unsupported assertion, young'n.

And the Democrats embracing of black and brown racism won them states like California...

And the Democrats embracing of black and brown racism won them states like California...
There is no question that their adoption of Identity Politics helped them, but at least 35% of their base is white, so it is not racist politics, in my opinion.

"In short" liberals are the most intolerant bigots in the the country .."in short"
That would be the OP.

Even if some of this were even remotely true, the Democrats shamefully using our immigration policies to change the electorate is far and away worse.

In the mid 20th century, White southerners were right wing bible thumpers who hated the federal government, blacks, and welfare and voted Democrat. Nothing has changed except they vote Republican today.

Nixon was a bit too big government for me , but to say he was racist is pure falicy..

1803-10_Brown_RN_Burns0001small.jpg

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. President Richard Nixon took those words to heart. Indeed, perseverance was his password. He had a determination rooted in patriotism and was driven by an unwavering commitment to public service. These qualities saw him emerge in his later years as an elder statesman who commanded worldwide respect. He firmly believed and ultimately affirmed the proverb, "Adversity brings experience and experience brings wisdom." I am proud to have worked with President Nixon and to have had the benefit of his wisdom.

Among the significant actions taken by President Nixon to benefit minorities was increasing the budget for civil rights programs. From 1969 – 1972 the funds were increased from 75 million to more than 600 million.

President Nixon initiated the Emergency School Act with 1,500,000 to help end school segregation and pay for promotion of interracial experiences among children where racial isolation existed.

The Department of Defense initiated actions to overcome off-base discrimination against black military personnel.

President Nixon issued an Executive Order calling on Federal agencies to apply Equal Opportunity (EO) policies to every aspect of personnel policies and practices.

President Nixon allocated 12 million dollars for Sickle Cell research. This disease afflicts one out of every 500 black children.

From 1969 to 1971, the government’s Federal purchases from black businesses increased to 142,000,000 from 13,000,000.

In 1969 President Nixon issued an Executive order creating an Office of Minority Business Enterprise in the Department of Commerce.

News Detail The Richard Nixon Foundation

That would be the OP.

Even if some of this were even remotely true, the Democrats shamefully using our immigration policies to change the electorate is far and away worse.
The Southern Strategy is proven fact and taught as such by high schools and colleges. The far right defenses are taught and exposed. Tough to be a far rightie on this issue.

A grandfather and two uncles knew RMN politically in Orange County, CA, and I don't think they would call him a racist. They would say "opportunist" and grin while saying it.

That would be the OP.

The Southern Strategy is proven fact and taught as such by high schools and colleges. The far right defenses are taught and exposed. Tough to be a far rightie on this issue.

A grandfather and two uncles knew RMN politically in Orange County, CA, and I don't think they would call him a racist. They would say "opportunist" and grin while saying it.
Because Fake says it, it's proven fact..... lol:lmao:

That would be the OP.

Nope, just an anecdote. History clearly demonstrates RMN was an opportunist. I don't think he was a racist.

Whereas, you, little buddy, just like Keys, think you are authorities, and that your word should be accepted as evidence. Unlike you, I know the difference between fact and opinion.

In the mid 20th century, White southerners were right wing bible thumpers who hated the federal government, blacks, and welfare and voted Democrat. Nothing has changed except they vote Republican today.
Um, in the mid 20th century New York was a right wing bible thumping state with people who agreed with Stormfront 100%(which is it to say they were pro white if a little anti black and brown as well).
Progressivism as we know it today didn't even exist in the general population until the late 70s, and Democrats didn't truly embrace it until the late 90s(although I would argue that Democrats were never really progressive and strictly became an anti traditional, anti western, anti white, anti male, anti Christian, anti rural party that has gotten away with it by committing treason and allowing Mexico to invade the country)

That would be the OP.

Nope, just an anecdote. History clearly demonstrates RMN was an opportunist. I don't think he was a racist.

Whereas, you, little buddy, just like Keys, think you are authorities, and that your word should be accepted as evidence. Unlike you, I know the difference between fact and opinion.
You know opinion which is all we get from you fake...Facts not so much

Um, in the mid 20th century New York was a right wing bible thumping state with people who agreed with Stormfront 100%(which is it to say they were pro white if a little anti black and brown as well).
Progressivism as we know it today didn't even exist in the general population until the late 70s, and Democrats didn't truly embrace it until the late 90s(although I would argue that Democrats were never really progressive and strictly became an anti traditional, anti western, anti white, anti male, anti Christian, anti rural party that has gotten away with it by committing treason and allowing Mexico to invade the country)
Go read some history. Good grief.

There is no question that their adoption of Identity Politics helped them, but at least 35% of their base is white, so it is not racist politics, in my opinion.
And the ANC has white voters even though the party leaders sing about killing white people all the time(despite the South African supreme court
ruling), so what?
White liberals range from braindead to gleefully masochist wittols, so Democrats will probably always have about 10% of the white vote no matter what they say or do.

Forum List

Back