The Sleeping Giant Is Awake: A Quiet States' Rights Revolution Is Happening...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Yes, a quiet peaceful Revolution is well underway. More & more States are now reasserting their rights. It really is great to see. Thank you Mr. President for waking this Sleeping Giant.

Wyoming House Approves Bills Exempting State From Federal Gun Control Measures

CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Faced with the prospect of new federal gun restrictions, the Wyoming House gave initial approval Wednesday to bills that sponsors say would exempt guns in the state from new regulations while possibly taking the fight to criminals who might choose to attack public schools.

The House voted in favor of a bill that would seek to block the federal government from restricting assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. It amended the bill to specify that federal officials who tried to enforce any ban would be subject to state misdemeanor charges instead of felony charges.

President Barack Obama has called for reinstituting a federal assault weapons ban following the massacre of 20 Connecticut first-graders by a gunman last month.

The House on Wednesday also gave preliminary approval to a bill that would allow citizens who hold concealed carry permits to carry guns on campuses of public schools, colleges and the University of Wyoming.

Rep. Kendell Kroeker, R-Evansville, sponsored the bill to exempt assault rifles and magazines from federal control. He said Wyoming should get its position on record before a new federal ban comes down.

“It is clearly a different case than trying to nullify something that’s already in existence,” Kroeker said...

Read More:
Wyoming House Approves Bills Exempting State From Federal Gun Control Measures « CBS DC
DRUDGE REPORT 2013®

Yeah, a Silver Lining to this Big Brother-takeover mess. This President really has awakened a Sleeping Giant. States are now beginning to get their acts together. This quiet peaceful Revolution is a real pleasure to observe. I didn't think i would ever see one. We do have to thank this President for it.

Last edited:

Yeah, a Silver Lining to this Big Brother-takeover mess. This President really has awakened a Sleeping Giant. States are now beginning to get their acts together. This quiet peaceful Revolution is a real pleasure to observe. I didn't think i would ever see one. We do have to thank this President for it.

It's way to late for that. States basically have no power left in the country.

i think states have more power than they know. what is the federal governments recourse? to cut of aid? at that point the can pretty much kiss votes from that state away. you have to be able to stay in office to yield power

I hear ya and understand your pessimism. But i think it's actually a time to be optimistic. States really are beginning to reassert their rights. We're currently observing a quiet Revolution. I think it's great.

Unfortunately these laws being passed have no real affect other than make people feel good.

Federal Laws supersede State law, just as State laws supersede County or City laws/ordinances.

I hear ya and understand your pessimism. But i think it's actually a time to be optimistic. States really are beginning to reassert their rights. We're currently observing a quiet Revolution. I think it's great.

i agree. it won't take much to change the tide either. the public is demanding change as well. They are sick of federal mandates handcuffing them. and as soon as states start to offer opportunity they will draw jobs and people. thus gaining even more clout

Unfortunately these laws being passed have no real affect other than make people feel good.

Federal Laws supersede State law, just as State laws supersede County or City laws/ordinances.

We'll see i guess. What are the Feds going to do about it? I don't see what options they have. Other than cutting funding, they're powerless.

New Hampshire citizens are demanding that a law be passed that reinforces current New Hampshire gun laws, or lack thereof, by stating that state laws cannot be superceded by any new federal gun laws. A poorly organized (rally was not advertised, short notice, etc.) pro-gun rally was still attended by several hundred people in Concord yesterday. Most of the people in the crowd were openly carrying firearms of all types. Nobody was murdered. Nobody was accidentally shot. I would have to believe that all gun-brandishing criminals in the Concord-area were keeping a VERY low profile yesterday.

In Vermont, the Vermont Constitution requires that NO gun ownership restrictions be placed on law-abiding Vermont citizens. In other words, Vermont (a bastion of leftist ideals) basically has ZERO firearms restrictions. You can open carry, conceal carry, etc., WITHOUT any sort of "permit" or restrictions. It requires an amendment to the Vermont Constitution to allow for firearms restrictions.

Maine also has very limited gun restrictions, much like New Hampshire. You can open carry, but to carry a concealed weapon you do need a permit, which is a very easy process, much like New Hampshire. Other than that, Maine, despite it also being a leftist "paradise", has very limited firearms restrictions.

Massachusetts........well, the Massholes don't believe in the right of law-abiding citizens to carry or own firearms. The Masshole politicians prefer that only the CRIMINALS have access to firearms. I have to believe that all of the founding fathers and all of the revolutionaries who stoked the fires of freedom in Massachusetts, are rolling over in their graves right now. The state where the Revolutionary War began is so dominated by leftist political psychopaths, that all law-abiding citizens in Massachusetts have been basically disarmed and are helpless against criminals.

We'll see i guess. What are the Feds going to do about it? I don't see what options they have. Other than cutting funding, they're powerless.

Don't get me wrong.

I hope Florida passes the same thing. Any message that can be sent to the assholes in Washington that we are tired of their crap is a good thing, even if it is, in and of it self, a toothless message.

i agree. it won't take much to change the tide either. the public is demanding change as well. They are sick of federal mandates handcuffing them. and as soon as states start to offer opportunity they will draw jobs and people. thus gaining even more clout

Well said. It's a quiet Revolution. And most didn't expect to see one like this. They expected chaotic violence in the streets. But that's not the way to get things done. This is the way. Big Brother has very few options in dealing with it. Other than the threat of cutting funding, they're powerless. A Paper Tiger for sure. States just need to move forward and continue fighting back. Progress is being made. It is a time for optimism.

Uh huh. And the flower children were going to open up the age of Aquarius. The moral majority was going to bring back real American values. Occupy everything was going to bring down big corporations. The tea party was going to change the face of American politics.

What this really is is just yet another group of politicians doing nothing in a big way to garner votes. Same old, same old.

New Hampshire citizens are demanding that a law be passed that reinforces current New Hampshire gun laws, or lack thereof, by stating that state laws cannot be superceded by any new federal gun laws. A poorly organized (rally was not advertised, short notice, etc.) pro-gun rally was still attended by several hundred people in Concord yesterday. Most of the people in the crowd were openly carrying firearms of all types. Nobody was murdered. Nobody was accidentally shot. I would have to believe that all gun-brandishing criminals in the Concord-area were keeping a VERY low profile yesterday.

In Vermont, the Vermont Constitution requires that NO gun ownership restrictions be placed on law-abiding Vermont citizens. In other words, Vermont (a bastion of leftist ideals) basically has ZERO firearms restrictions. You can open carry, conceal carry, etc., WITHOUT any sort of "permit" or restrictions. It requires an amendment to the Vermont Constitution to allow for firearms restrictions.

Maine also has very limited gun restrictions, much like New Hampshire. You can open carry, but to carry a concealed weapon you do need a permit, which is a very easy process, much like New Hampshire. Other than that, Maine, despite it also being a leftist "paradise", has very limited firearms restrictions.

Massachusetts........well, the Massholes don't believe in the right of law-abiding citizens to carry or own firearms. The Masshole politicians prefer that only the CRIMINALS have access to firearms. I have to believe that all of the founding fathers and all of the revolutionaries who stoked the fires of freedom in Massachusetts, are rolling over in their graves right now. The state where the Revolutionary War began is so dominated by leftist political psychopaths, that all law-abiding citizens in Massachusetts have been basically disarmed and are helpless against criminals.

This President really has opened Pandora's Box. It's not going the way he planned. And thank God for that.

Don't get me wrong.

I hope Florida passes the same thing. Any message that can be sent to the assholes in Washington that we are tired of their crap is a good thing, even if it is, in and of it self, a toothless message.

Don't be so sure about it being 'toothless.' It's actually the Feds who have very few options in dealing with this. What are they going to do? Big Brother is a Paper Tiger on this one.

That is simply NOT true. Federal laws does NOT supercede state law. Federal laws are enforced on the state level via threats of funding cuts, withholding of federal aid, etc.

There are virtually THOUSANDS of state laws on the books that limit and/or "modify" federal laws, as they pertain to the individual states. Too many to list here.

The states understand that federal laws are only as valid as the ability of the federal government to ENFORCE their federal laws.

Uh huh. And the flower children were going to open up the age of Aquarius. The moral majority was going to bring back real American values. Occupy everything was going to bring down big corporations. The tea party was going to change the face of American politics.

What this really is is just yet another group of politicians doing nothing in a big way to garner votes. Same old, same old.

I disagree with your assessment. But we'll see i guess.

Forum List

Back