The Siege of Crimea has Begun

You have me confused with someone else or you think you can dictate what I think.

Either way you are wrong.

As tensions rise between Russia and Ukraine on the Black Sea, the US is upgrading several Ukrainian naval bases to give American and NATO warships the ability to dock just miles from Russia-controlled Crimea.
You had claimed the US wanted to establish a naval base in Crimea but this article says the US is helping Ukraine to upgrade existing bases, not in Crimea, but elsewhere on the Black Sea. US and European ships, including warships, have been sailing through the Black Sea and docking at many and docking at many ports, including both Ukrainian and Russian ports for many years and Russia is only now complaining about it because of its efforts to colonize Ukraine and claim its territorial waters. All your posts show you are a strong supporter of Russian imperialism, so why not come out and say it instead of trying to blame the US and NATO for Russia's actions?

These are facts, you should have someone explain what a fact, is.

There is nothing in either of these links to support any of your claims about the US starting the war or the US provoking the war or the US even being in a war with Russia. What Russia and you are complaining about is that the US and the rest of the civilized world is supporting Ukraine's sovereignty and you and Russia clearly support Russia's imperialist ambitions.

You had claimed the US wanted to establish a naval base in Crimea but this article says the US is helping Ukraine to upgrade existing bases, not in Crimea, but elsewhere on the Black Sea. US and European ships, including warships, have been sailing through the Black Sea and docking at many and docking at many ports, including both Ukrainian and Russian ports for many years and Russia is only now complaining about it because of its efforts to colonize Ukraine and claim its territorial waters. All your posts show you are a strong supporter of Russian imperialism, so why not come out and say it instead of trying to blame the US and NATO for Russia's actions?
Which post did I say that?

You are very much a troll dictating what people think or say while you are very much wrong.

Turning Ukraine bases into a base that we can dock at with a command center at that base we can use to conduct war games is in fact, establishing a US naval base in the black sea.

And again, argue with the democratic administration, I am simply posting what they are doing without offering my opinion.

Troll on,

Ship billions of dollars of the most technically advanced weapons into the Ukraine, then say, we are sorry we dont belong here. Cut off our support, retreat, leaving the weapons behind thus giving them to Russia.
That sounds more like Russia's plan for Ukraine. Except for the technically advanced part, lol.

Russia has supplied more heavy weapons to Ukraine than any other country (by far).

There is nothing in either of these links to support any of your claims about the US starting the war or the US provoking the war or the US even being in a war with Russia. What Russia and you are complaining about is that the US and the rest of the civilized world is supporting Ukraine's sovereignty and you and Russia clearly support Russia's imperialist ambitions.
Supporting? You mean sending weapons and giving strategic information which resulted in Russia losing a ship.

Try all you want but expressing your ideology does not change what happened and is happening.

Which post did I say that?

You are very much a troll dictating what people think or say while you are very much wrong.

Turning Ukraine bases into a base that we can dock at with a command center at that base we can use to conduct war games is in fact, establishing a US naval base in the black sea.

And again, argue with the democratic administration, I am simply posting what they are doing without offering my opinion.

Troll on,
I understand where you are coming from and why you are so frustrated, but you are going to have to come to terms with the fact that Trump is very wrong about Ukraine. His claim that Putin would not have dared to invade Ukraine if he had been President is without any basis in fact or logic and his proposals that Ukraine should sign a treaty ceding land with Putin, who has violated every relevant law and treaty with this invasion, is just irresponsible. No matter how hard you search the Internet, you will find that Trump has fashioned his position on Ukraine to use it to attack Biden and not to deal responsibly with the Russian invasion.

Supporting? You mean sending weapons and giving strategic information which resulted in Russia losing a ship.
The US may have helped with ship ID and location, but the weapon was all Ukraine.

Plus the Moskva had been parading around the Ukrainian coast for almost 2 months, acting as if there wasn't a care in the world. It wasn't behaving like it was at war, it was behaving like it was indestructible.

That pushed the BSF back to Sevestapol where they remain today, now penned inside the bay by the Ukrainian Kamikaze Canoes.

There is a big hole in your augment.

NATO is not an offense alliance. It is a defensive one.
Flash:
Putin may be paranoid as hell about Ukraine joining NATO but it is not warranted.

Not warranted enough to invade and kill unknown thousands of civilians and destroy the infrastructure of the most productive country in East Europe.

OMG! Bless you! Do you really believe that? NATO was set up to 'defend' people against the Warsaw Pact. When it ended the reason for NATO had gone. People wanted to unite Germany. The Russians said they could do that but only if NATO promised not move one inch East. The US agreed. However the US had no intention of doing that and straight away got started on making the former Warsaw Pact countries part of NATO. Throughout Russia was reminding them of their promise but the US could see it got away with it and so blatantly continued. In 2008 when they told Georgia and Ukraine that they would be the next which would have NATO encircling Russia, Sergev told them that if they continued with this, Russia would have no alternative but to take action and the rest is history,

This is exceedingly dangerous aggressive behaviour. There are on youtube some good films on how we are not given the correct news and this is particularly true of war activities. This began after the Vietnam war which was the first war when we would get honest reporting on our tv's. It lost the US the war. Now we only get a picture which paints the US side as crispy clean and the other, whoever they are, as some horrendous and sub human people. The US also interfered with Ukraine's Parliament and elections.

Last edited:
I thought some people might find this helpful. Jeffry Sachs explains the situation re German reunification and the end of the Warsaw Pact.

Flash:

OMG! Bless you! Do you really believe that? NATO was set up to 'defend' people against the Warsaw Pact. When it ended the reason for NATO had gone. People wanted to unite Germany. The Russians said they could do that but only if NATO promised not move one inch East. The US agreed. However the US had no intention of doing that and straight away got started on making the former Warsaw Pact countries part of NATO. Throughout Russia was reminding them of their promise but the US could see it got away with it and so blatantly continued. In 2008 when they told Georgia and Ukraine that they would be the next which would have NATO encircling Russia, Sergev told them that if they continued with this, Russia would have no alternative but to take action and the rest is history,

This is exceedingly dangerous aggressive behaviour. There are on youtube some good films on how we are not given the correct news and this is particularly true of war activities. This began after the Vietnam war which was the first war when we would get honest reporting on our tv's. It lost the US the war. Now we only get a picture which paints the US side as crispy clean and the other, whoever they are, as some horrendous and sub human people. The US also interfered with Ukraine's Parliament and elections.
You are confused.

I was born a couple of years before NATO was created. In my lifetime I have never seen NATO be anything other than a defensive alliance. The only time they have even invoked Article 5 was after 911. You can argue all you want that it was justified or not but it had nothing to do with the security of Russia. Bosnia was kinda a defacto NATO operation but was sanctioned by the UN.

I understand that a Russian Commie asshole (ex KGB) like Putin would be paranoid but it was not warranted. Russians were not at risk of NATO invading their country and overthrowing the government (like what he is trying to do with Ukraine) or whatever he imagined would happen if Ukraine joined NATO.

Russians have always been shitheads in my life time. We thought the sonofabitches would start playing nice after the old Soviet Union fell but that didn't last long, did it?

I understand where you are coming from and why you are so frustrated, but you are going to have to come to terms with the fact that Trump is very wrong about Ukraine. His claim that Putin would not have dared to invade Ukraine if he had been President is without any basis in fact or logic and his proposals that Ukraine should sign a treaty ceding land with Putin, who has violated every relevant law and treaty with this invasion, is just irresponsible. No matter how hard you search the Internet, you will find that Trump has fashioned his position on Ukraine to use it to attack Biden and not to deal responsibly with the Russian invasion.
Hahahaha, you are a literate moron, you can write but you are stupid. Where do I mention Trump. I have no idea of what Trump's position is.

Biden? Hahaha

You are making this about biden vs trump.

Very confused you are

You are confused.

I was born a couple of years before NATO was created. In my lifetime I have never seen NATO be anything other than a defensive alliance. The only time they have even invoked Article 5 was after 911. You can argue all you want that it was justified or not but it had nothing to do with the security of Russia. Bosnia was kinda a defacto NATO operation but was sanctioned by the UN.

I understand that a Russian Commie asshole (ex KGB) like Putin would be paranoid but it was not warranted. Russians were not at risk of NATO invading their country and overthrowing the government (like what he is trying to do with Ukraine) or whatever he imagined would happen if Ukraine joined NATO.

Russians have always been shitheads in my life time. We thought the sonofabitches would start playing nice after the old Soviet Union fell but that didn't last long, did it?
I thought it was strange that anyone would think NATIO or the US has the most and best arms in the world for 'defensive purposes' only. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were very young but I know now you are being deliberately dishonest or you are needing help. You will know which it is. Your xenophobia towards Russians is noted and clearly makes it impossible for you to have any kind of independence of thought. This conversation is finished.

I thought some people might find this helpful. Jeffry Sachs explains the situation re German reunification and the end of the Warsaw Pact.

And yet there is no documentation to support Sachs' claims and Gorbachev explicitly contradicted them. Sachs seems to be saying the Russians were so stupid that they never thought to get such an extraordinary reversal of longstanding US and NATO policy in writing. And Sachs tops this rant off by calling anyone who disagrees with him a liar.

And this is what you call "massive provocation" to invade Ukraine, kill hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians and steal the land.

I thought it was strange that anyone would think NATIO or the US has the most and best arms in the world for 'defensive purposes' only. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were very young but I know now you are being deliberately dishonest or you are needing help. You will know which it is. Your xenophobia towards Russians is noted and clearly makes it impossible for you to have any kind of independence of thought. This conversation is finished.

I grew up with that Propaganda. It was always silly to me, even as a boy. American Nuclear Missiles in Western Europe were destabilizing. Russian Nuclear Missiles in Eastern Europe were what?

The West has the best weapons because they have to to counter the quantitative advantage of the Russians. It is the way Americans wage war. We use weapons and machines with tactics and strategy as force multipliers. If Russia has five times as many tanks, we have to figure out how to negate that advantage. Missiles and aircraft are the obvious answer.

In my era of the Army that was TOW missiles, Dragon Missiles, and AT-4 missiles. Oh and the A-10 Attack plane. The Warthog.

We had to train our soldiers better. We had to train them to fight against overwhelming odds. And our plans always revolves around the Russians pouring through the Fulda Gap.

Ukraine has shown how that technological advantage can work.

We use Technology as force multipliers. The SOSUS system can localize submarine contacts and allow us to prevent them from interrupting the convoys of war materials we would be sending to Europe. We spent a lot of time and money on the technology. And while much of it remains untested in real world warfare. It seems to work.

But the idea that NATO is an offensive alliance is laughable. Russia is enormous. It is impossible to even imagine a scenario where it is invaded by NATO. The NATO nations don’t have a tenth of the manpower they would need. I doubt the NATO armies could even reach the Urals without being destroyed.

RT.ru myth
the reality :

No. It is not a myth. This was well known since a very long time. And I guess many unwise politicians and unwise diplomats - also from the western world - saw all this problems coming and did not fight against this problems when it had been easy to fight against. Now in an atmosphere of exploding bullshit and existential fights it is for sure not more easy as it ever had been before. For me personally the Crimea peninsula is worth less than nothing. I had not a big problem to wipe this little piece of land from the face of the Earth if it should be really the reason why human beings murder each other in masses. On the other side could live some animals on the Crimea which are more worth than all war mongering human beings together. So I hope god will not let me do something what I would regret afterwards in my contempt for any form of war. The best would be the Russians themselve eliminate Putin and offer peace to the Ukraine and work together with the Ukrainians to repair all the damages this stupid and senseless war had caused.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back