The Sherrod mess could get interesting

It seems the NAACP had the entire speech in their position the whole time. They claimed to be "snookered" when in reality they were incompetent. No one watched the whole thing.

Breitbart did it

He had motive, opportunity and a history of pulling similar frauds

In other words, an assumption.

Breitbart did it

You see...in a court of law, you need evidence beyond a reasonable doubt

In the court of Public Opinion you need motive, oportunity and a history of having done it in the past

I'm willing to give Breitbart the same burden of proof he gave Sherrod

In other words, you want to condemn him based on no evidence whatsoever.

It seems the NAACP had the entire speech in their position the whole time. They claimed to be "snookered" when in reality they were incompetent. No one watched the whole thing.

Just a complete fucking blame game on FoxNews. The only thing that absolutely surprises me is that so far no one has blamed Christians.

In other words, an assumption.

Breitbart did it

In the court of Public Opinion you need motive, oportunity and a history of having done it in the past

I intend to give him the same amount of consideration he gave to Sherrod

Sherrod was guilty until she proved her innocence

Breitbart did it. Show me a tape to prove he didn't

Last edited:
Breitbart did it

In other words you are the same piece of shit you claim Breibert is? By the way Breibert is a turd if he is the one who edited the video, no question.

The Christians are to blame!

There is a whole web of intrigue surrounding this incident.
I would bet there is more to come.

In other words you are the same piece of shit you claim Breibert is? By the way Breibert is a turd if he is the one who edited the video, no question.

I am holding Breitbart up to the court of public opinion

If it looks like a skunk....smells like a skunk....it is a skunk

And Breitbart is a skunk

From the information we have now, several things are very interesting.

First did FOX/Briebart know that the inital tape was edited? Did they actually have the whole tape, or was it just the snippet shown. Assuming they only had the snippet, did they actually try to find the rest of it, or did they just post it. If on the other hand they had the whole tape and did the editing themselves, then hoo boy. heads will roll.

The second seperate part is the NAACP and WH/USDA reaction. I am wondering why they didnt do more research themselves beforing forcing a resignation. This plays into the whole "thrown under the bus" meme that has been circulating. Poor judgement by the goverment people in my opinion.

Today should be an interesting round of retractions and aplologies. Out of the whole mess only Sherrod is probably going to come out of this looking clean. As for lawsuits the media people and the NAACP will probably get a pass, as long as they were doing it in good faith (i.e. only had the edited tape.) The big lawsuit loser will be the USDA.

First - Fox didn't report on this story until yesterday - after she was forced to resign by the White House.

The fuller tape shows to things: Sherrod's revelation that it's not a race war, it's a class war; and the NAACP audience giggling and enjoying her earlier racial vengeance upon a poor white farmer. Yes, she did overcome her initial racist attitude - and good for her.

The subsequent circling of the wagons by the White House, NAACP, and the liberal media is another telling aspect of this story. Blaming FOX for promoting it when they hadn't even mentioned it on their news programs is the media equivalent of blaming BOOOOSSSSHHHHHHH for everything bad that has ever happened.

The three stooges mishandled the Fracas so badly, that they've made the story about Sherrod's firing (being forced out is not a resignation). The last person to call her actually said it was because she was going to be on Glenn Beck's program. Putting the spotlight on Fox further highlights the irony as Beck is one of Sherrod's more vocal and early supporters.

But we should all take comfort that we now have a post-racial President and Administration.

Hallelujah!

I do hope Sherrod turns them down when they offer to reinstate her in her job. That would show true moral fiber.

Actually true moral fiber would be refusing to resign when you know you are in the right.

<SNIP>
The second seperate part is the NAACP and WH/USDA reaction. I am wondering why they didnt do more research themselves beforing forcing a resignation. This plays into the whole "thrown under the bus" meme that has been circulating. Poor judgement by the goverment people in my opinion.
<SNIP>
But, NAACP had the entire tape "Having reviewed the full tape, spoken to Ms. Sherrod, and most importantly heard the testimony of the white farmers mentioned in this story, we now believe the organization that edited the documents did so with the intention of deceiving millions of Americans. I apologized to Ms. Sherrod, clearly a commited and selfless public servant, who had been unfairly maligned..."

Link HERE

The question should be - Who put the edited video up on youtube? The story was first put out by bidgovernment.com. Did they edit the video? Did NAACP put out the video? Who put it up first? Big gov does'nt say where they got the video. Then we found out that NAACP lied yesterday because he was there at the meeting in March. He could have gone on the news and said I was at that meeting and then he could have explained the truth. But he did'nt
Something needs to be dug up here. This is a story behind the story. What is really going on here?

Agreed - and why was the White House so freaked out about some low level administrative position within the USDA???? :eusa_eh:

Why didn't they look into it more before they did that to her. Something is'nt right here:eusa_whistle:

Could it be because this blew their strategy out of the water by making it moot? That strategy being to capitalize on the so called "racism" of the folks in the Tea Party movement. The premier organization for black people showing an unadulterated side can't be good for that strategy, and the adminstration needed instant distance on that one. But this lady has a record of bringing lawsuits, already winning one that brought $13-million to a group she supported and $300k to her self.

"....Sherrod and her family were part of a lawsuit filed in 1997 against the Agriculture Department that charged it discriminated against black farmers by denying them timely loans or debt restructuring. Complaints of discrimination began piling up after the Reagan administration shut down the department's civil rights division in 1983, and the lawsuit covered the years between 1983 and 1997.

A district court judge eventually combined two such lawsuits into a class action, and the two sides reached a settlement in 1999. The agreement gave each plaintiff $50,000 plus loan forgiveness and tax offsets, provided the plaintiff met certain criteria (Track A), or the possibility of a larger amount by showing evidence of greater damages (Track B).

More than 22,000 farmers applied -- far more than the 2,000 expected -- and more than 13,000 were approved for the $50,000 award. Fewer than 200 farmers opted for the Track B process.

Sherrod and her husband were part of the lawsuit because of the land trust they started in the 1960s along with several other black families. Ultimately, their land trust -- New Communities -- was awarded $13 million, most for loss of land and loss of income and including $300,000 for the Sherrods, according to the Rural Development Leadership Network.

Vilsack, who is now the defendant in the lawsuit -- Pigford vs. Vilsack -- as final details are worked out, referred to the discrimination lawsuit and other similar suits in a statement announcing that he had accepted Sherrod's resignation. ..."

So she was fired by some one in the Whitehouse media office, when they panicked - who believes that Vilsac would have fired her without orders from the WH - so I'm skeptical that the order was given by Vilsac and not the WH. Just maybe when Vilsac saw what had happened, meaning who it was that had been fired, he fell on his own sword so to speak, today at 5:00 pre-empting the first 10 mnutes of the Glen Beck Show. How cool is that?

LINK

Last edited:
"Sherrod and her family were part of a lawsuit filed in 1997 against the Agriculture Department that charged it discriminated against black farmers by denying them timely loans or debt restructuring"

isn't this the same thing she admitted doing herself to white farmers?

I am holding Breitbart up to the court of public opinion

If it looks like a skunk....smells like a skunk....it is a skunk

And Breitbart is a skunk

And by the standards you judge, you will be judge. Judge harshly, and you will be judged harshly, Judge mercifully, and you will be judged mercy.

Karma is like that.

[But, NAACP had the entire tape "Having reviewed the full tape, spoken to Ms. Sherrod, and most importantly heard the testimony of the white farmers mentioned in this story, we now believe the organization that edited the documents did so with the intention of deceiving millions of Americans. I apologized to Ms. Sherrod, clearly a commited and selfless public servant, who had been unfairly maligned..."

Link HERE

The organization that editted the tape? They know who editted the tape? And it's a whole organization?

Who are they accusing?

Fox?
Breitbart? (Is he really an organization?)
The Tea party?

I'm most curious what evidence they have.

An excellent piece:

US officials stumble on the firing of Shirley Sherrod

The NAACP - and this is probably the most ludicrous part of the story - condemned her, even though she was speaking at one of its own meetings when videoed.

So quickly did the White House become involved that it looks suspiciously like there's some sort of system by which individual departments have to flag up anything with a sensitive racial component directly to Team Obama.

The trouble is that Team Obama doesn't seem to know what to do once it is alerted.

It's only a year since President Barack Obama said a white police officer who arrested a black academic in his own home had acted "stupidly".

It turned out, of course, that the case was slightly more complicated than that and Mr Obama ended up hosting the painfully awkward "beer summit" at the White House - after which the policeman and the professor merely said they had agreed to disagree on the matter.

BBC News - US officials stumble on the firing of Shirley Sherrod

I would have read all of this thread before replying, but there is only so much a body can take. Mine is overdue for some REM sleep.

First did FOX/Briebart know that the initial tape was edited? Did they actually have the whole tape, or was it just the snippet shown. Assuming they only had the snippet, did they actually try to find the rest of it, or did they just post it. If on the other hand they had the whole tape and did the editing themselves, then hoo boy. heads will roll.

The second seperate part is the NAACP and WH/USDA reaction. I am wondering why they didn't do more research themselves before forcing a resignation. This plays into the whole "thrown under the bus" meme that has been circulating. Poor judgment by the government people in my opinion.

Today should be an interesting round of retractions and apologies. Out of the whole mess only Sherrod is probably going to come out of this looking clean. As for lawsuits the media people and the NAACP will probably get a pass, as long as they were doing it in good faith (i.e. only had the edited tape.) The big lawsuit loser will be the USDA.
The big loser will be the US Treasury in the payment of lawyers from here on. The trial lawyers in this nation are literally raping the general public. They write the laws, they profit by the laws and they thrive on confusion, poorly educated masses of people, frivolous litigation and the greed that is inherent in the us all. It's survival of the fittest, folks. He that can fuck the world out of the most money will survive. The trial lawyers have a firm grip on the cash cow.

I hope this woman sues them all and ends up OWNING fox news
You would. Then we can raise taxes to pay the lawyers.

the civil case will change their fortunes.
It changes all our fortunes, you bimbo. It's our money being spent...so the lawyers can be driven to the office in their limos.

The Blago mess should get interesting as well.
Blago's lawyers were wise enough to keep his slithery ass off the stand. I want to see him do some time. Then when the Boy King Obama get's caught in a big lie, I want him to have Blago as a cellmate.

Regarding Sherrod's demanded resignation, the administration erred...big time. It was a knee jerk reaction to a parsing of perfectly good speech. Once again the Obama administration has exhibited it's childish, incompetent nature. You want real hope and change? Just wait 'til 2012 when we dump his lame ass.

Last edited:
[But, NAACP had the entire tape "Having reviewed the full tape, spoken to Ms. Sherrod, and most importantly heard the testimony of the white farmers mentioned in this story, we now believe the organization that edited the documents did so with the intention of deceiving millions of Americans. I apologized to Ms. Sherrod, clearly a commited and selfless public servant, who had been unfairly maligned..."

Link HERE

The organization that editted the tape? They know who editted the tape? And it's a whole organization?

Who are they accusing?

Fox?
The Tea party?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You people would defend anything these scumbags did.

Brietbart has a history of accepting edited tape and making it news that ends up making anyone who touts it as truth look like an asshole.

Fox fell for it again, how could they be so fucking stupid?

They are not stupid are they?

they orcahstrated a false story about RACE to keep the pics of Obama signing a finacial reform bill off the front pages.

Fox may be many things biut stupid they are not.

Hell they sued journalists for the right to LIE to their viewers and won the case.

Link HERE

Who are they accusing?

Fox?
The Tea party?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You people would defend anything these scumbags did.

Brietbart has a history of accepting edited tape and making it news that ends up making anyone who touts it as truth look like an asshole.

Fox fell for it again, how could they be so fucking stupid?

They are not stupid are they?

they orcahstrated a false story about RACE to keep the pics of Obama signing a finacial reform bill off the front pages.

Fox may be many things biut stupid they are not.

Hell they sued journalists for the right to LIE to their viewers and won the case.

Assuming FOX broke the story before 5pm, which I have seen no evidence, it is really stupid for the NAACP to claim FOX "snookered" them. Why or how could FOX do that?

"Sherrod and her family were part of a lawsuit filed in 1997 against the Agriculture Department that charged it discriminated against black farmers by denying them timely loans or debt restructuring"

isn't this the same thing she admitted doing herself to white farmers?

NO, she admitted to having some "feelings" which changed, but she DID help the farmer in question. She did her job regardless and the farmer backs her up.

Forum List

Back