The Sherrod mess could get interesting

On Tuesday, MSNBC’s Contessa Brewer fretted over health care reform protesters legally carrying guns: "A man at a pro-health care reform rally...wore a semiautomatic assault rifle on his shoulder and a pistol on his hip....there are questions about whether this has racial overtones....white people showing up with guns." Brewer failed to mention the man she described was black.

Not only did Brewer, Ratigan, and Toure fail to point out the fact that the gun-toting protester that sparked the discussion was black, but the video footage shown of that protester was so edited, that it was impossible to see that he was black. The man appeared at a health care rally outside of President Obama’s speech to the Veterans of Foreign Wars in Phoenix, Arizona.

Read more: MSNBC: ObamaCare Protesters ?Racist,? Including Black Gun-Owner | NewsBusters.org

I'm sure that this isn't the first time that a news outlet has "edited" a segment, and I doubt that it will be the last. Regardless of whether they did or not, it's not ethical to do so to make a story.

So now you're jumping to another lie that Fox News edited the clip? It seems that Truthdoesn'tmatter is rubbing off on a lot of people around here. I hope it's not too contagious.

Rick

On Tuesday, MSNBC’s Contessa Brewer fretted over health care reform protesters legally carrying guns: "A man at a pro-health care reform rally...wore a semiautomatic assault rifle on his shoulder and a pistol on his hip....there are questions about whether this has racial overtones....white people showing up with guns." Brewer failed to mention the man she described was black.

Not only did Brewer, Ratigan, and Toure fail to point out the fact that the gun-toting protester that sparked the discussion was black, but the video footage shown of that protester was so edited, that it was impossible to see that he was black. The man appeared at a health care rally outside of President Obama’s speech to the Veterans of Foreign Wars in Phoenix, Arizona.

Read more: MSNBC: ObamaCare Protesters ?Racist,? Including Black Gun-Owner | NewsBusters.org

That is fucking classic!!:lol:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/125682-the-white-farmer-speaks-2.html#post2530346
On November 30, 2006, he formally launched his candidacy for the Democratic Party's nomination for President of the United States in the 2008 election, but ended his bid on February 23, 2007.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........gee, another Obama appointee who had a past of throwing down an election for Obama........:eusa_whistle:

Pattern or coincidence?

Are you actually thinking that Vilsack had a chance at the Presidency, but instead said to himself "I think that I will pass on the Presidency so that this fine negro can win...and then he will appoint me as head of the USDA! SWEET!"?

Or do you think maybe he realized that he had no chance in hell of winning?

Well, one way or another, he ended up with Sec. of Ag.

I wonder if Obama considered any appointees that did NOT throw down their presidential bid?

Yeah, probably only a coincidence......:eusa_whistle:

From the information we have now, several things are very interesting.

First did FOX/Briebart know that the inital tape was edited? Did they actually have the whole tape, or was it just the snippet shown. Assuming they only had the snippet, did they actually try to find the rest of it, or did they just post it. If on the other hand they had the whole tape and did the editing themselves, then hoo boy. heads will roll.

The second seperate part is the NAACP and WH/USDA reaction. I am wondering why they didnt do more research themselves beforing forcing a resignation. This plays into the whole "thrown under the bus" meme that has been circulating. Poor judgement by the goverment people in my opinion.

Today should be an interesting round of retractions and aplologies. Out of the whole mess only Sherrod is probably going to come out of this looking clean. As for lawsuits the media people and the NAACP will probably get a pass, as long as they were doing it in good faith (i.e. only had the edited tape.) The big lawsuit loser will be the USDA.

First - Fox didn't report on this story until yesterday - after she was forced to resign by the White House.

The fuller tape shows to things: Sherrod's revelation that it's not a race war, it's a class war; and the NAACP audience giggling and enjoying her earlier racial vengeance upon a poor white farmer. Yes, she did overcome her initial racist attitude - and good for her.

The subsequent circling of the wagons by the White House, NAACP, and the liberal media is another telling aspect of this story. Blaming FOX for promoting it when they hadn't even mentioned it on their news programs is the media equivalent of blaming BOOOOSSSSHHHHHHH for everything bad that has ever happened.

The three stooges mishandled the Fracas so badly, that they've made the story about Sherrod's firing (being forced out is not a resignation). The last person to call her actually said it was because she was going to be on Glenn Beck's program. Putting the spotlight on Fox further highlights the irony as Beck is one of Sherrod's more vocal and early supporters.

But we should all take comfort that we now have a post-racial President and Administration.

Hallelujah!

I do hope Sherrod turns them down when they offer to reinstate her in her job. That would show true moral fiber.

From the information we have now, several things are very interesting.

First did FOX/Briebart know that the inital tape was edited? Did they actually have the whole tape, or was it just the snippet shown. Assuming they only had the snippet, did they actually try to find the rest of it, or did they just post it. If on the other hand they had the whole tape and did the editing themselves, then hoo boy. heads will roll.

The second seperate part is the NAACP and WH/USDA reaction. I am wondering why they didnt do more research themselves beforing forcing a resignation. This plays into the whole "thrown under the bus" meme that has been circulating. Poor judgement by the goverment people in my opinion.

Today should be an interesting round of retractions and aplologies. Out of the whole mess only Sherrod is probably going to come out of this looking clean. As for lawsuits the media people and the NAACP will probably get a pass, as long as they were doing it in good faith (i.e. only had the edited tape.) The big lawsuit loser will be the USDA.

It looks like both the right and the left jumped the gun on this one.

I do hope Sherrod turns them down when they offer to reinstate her in her job. That would show true moral fiber.

It would show common sense: This Administration is sinkin' faster than Collard Greens through Al Sharpton.

Moral Fiber would have her joining the Tea Party.

I hope this woman sues them all and ends up OWNING fox news

Oh? Fox fired her? I didn't know that!!! All this time I thought the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION fired her.

During a CNN interview last night, Sherrod blamed the whole mess on the NAACP for going after the Teaparty to begin with.
If and when she sues, the NAACP may be first in line.
She also issued a statement this morning that if she is offered her job back, she may not take it.
Sherrod has a correct moral compass as far as I'm concerned.

That would be totally delish!

And as I know you adore hot black chicks, check out Star Parker, running for Congress as a Republican!

Star Parker for Congress

She is faboo!

Me too. She's the Anti-Maxine Waters/Barbara Lee candidate.

I'm just waiting for the attacks where the lefties claim she isn't an authentic black person.

Sherrod had no expectation for fox to be fair, she did have an expectation fro NAACP to be fair.

When this all shakes down not going back to the job will make her case against breitbart and fox that much stronger.

Fox is in big trouble

That would be totally delish!

And as I know you adore hot black chicks, check out Star Parker, running for Congress as a Republican!

Star Parker for Congress

She is faboo!

Not bad, except for Man Hands

sp2a.jpg

Sherrod had no expectation for fox to be fair, she did have an expectation fro NAACP to be fair.

When this all shakes down not going back to the job will make her case against breitbart and fox that much stronger.

Fox is in big trouble

Whatever you lying bitch. Fox was WAY more fair than the NAACP and Sherrod agrees.

Fox is in big trouble

Fox didn't fire her. Nothing is going to happen, but you can keep wishing.

Forum List

Back