The Serious Stock Market Crash Thread

Wild swings will probably be the norm for awhile. Hopefully we see a drop at the open and then some play back and forth across neutral. I held back 33% of what I planned to invest in case we got a drop today.

60% of US Treasuries will come due in the next 3 years. By the FED vowing to keep rates low by buying them, they could effectively monetize a huge chunk of the US debt.

:woohoo: Lets hear it for Gold! :woohoo:

god I LOVE IT and I love being right...:lol:;)

down 3.5% 7:24 pac time...but hey, it could end in a draw...but I doubt it....the fundamentals don't lie, the global economy is sick, time to take some cash sit back and let the corps scramble to meet this new set up for the remainder of what was supposed to be a semi recovery back end of the year.

Liquidating my 55% gains in gold, turn that over into 3 blue chips I have my eye on right now..... buy and hold for the duration, ....just.... not.....quite....yet.....

my version of the market right now;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IBZocFkXGY&feature=related]‪Sister Daughter Chinatown.flv‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I have not shorted gold but will continue to monitor at these levels.

Stocks have been hammered on concerns regarding French banks. However, they are holding their lows. More bad news on the banks and stocks will slice through the lows. But for now, they appear to be holding. If they continue to hold, the next big move is likely to the upside.

Also, there are other big problems in the European banking system no one is talking about.

I have not shorted gold but will continue to monitor at these levels.

Stocks have been hammered on concerns regarding French banks. However, they are holding their lows. More bad news on the banks and stocks will slice through the lows. But for now, they appear to be holding. If they continue to hold, the next big move is likely to the upside.

Also, there are other big problems in the European banking system no one is talking about.

check the Euro thread I am on it, and would have added more but no one seemed interested....:doubt:

If the market turns I am thinking of shorting the DXD. These ETF's have a 8%+ negative bias over time.

Last edited:
Europe closes and the market rips higher.

Toronto is well into the green and exhibiting the type of pattern I like to see at bottoms. Canada has often been a precursor to the US markets.

WooWee! That is one butt ugly market!

Not much good to say other than we didn't break through yesterday's lows. Canada also finished positive. But banks hit new lows and the market closed on the lows. I want to do something but I'm just sitting on my hands mostly in cash.

Ouch!

I tried to catch a falling knife today & lost a finger. I shorted the 1,500 shares of the DXD at $21.50.

After listening to the Elliot Wave guy on CNBC it makes you think that stock prices will erode until 2016. The market fell off after that.

I will make a prediction that we close above 11,000 today.

you meant 10K right? ;)

what a friggin beating....heh.:razz:.better nail those windows closed...:lol:

I'll personally commit to cleaning up the mess of any Goldman Ghoul that takes the plunge.....

The correction has been held off with TARP and the QEs seems to have its nose under the tent.

The gathering opinions seem to indicate another 700-1000 fall is likely before reaching bottom. My thoughts recently have been waiting till it gets below 10,900 and stays below that for 48 hours. I have changed that to 10,200 in light of even worse news out of Europe.
The biggest fear out there is that France and other EU banks are in "2008 mode". That is to say they have hid their true financial shape and it is terrible. This of course would be disastrous. Europe does not have the capital to fix the problem and would drag their economy down for a decade or more...thus dragging our down as well.

I don't know...I have been surprised for 2 years now that the DOW reached near 13000 pts - to me another obvious bubble in the making.

It's a real problem...perhaps now we will face the problem for what it is, and deal with it in a manner that relieves pain - not tries to fix it in a pen stroke.

Forum List

Back