The Second Amendment's right to self defense

No one wants to take away your gun binky...

gun_binky.jpg

How quickly they forget;
Just hours after six were killed and 14 others injured in Saturday’s horrific shooting incident in Arizona, politicians 2,300 miles away in Washington, D.C. began plotting a legislative response.

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-N.Y., one of Congress’ fiercest gun control advocates, is looking to strike while the iron is hot. “My staff is working on looking at the different legislation fixes that we might be able to do and we might be able to introduce as early as tomorrow.
They tried to outlaw the Glock 19.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/con...tions-ban-on-threatening-language-or-symbols/

Last edited:
Shhhhhh.... you can't tell them that.

I find it amusing the GUn Nuts are still going on, even though the Democrats gave up on Gun control about 12 years ago.

Not really

but since Fast and Furious
they don't like to talk about it anymore

:eusa_angel:

Ummm, no, they never really did. Daring to point out that most guns the Mexican Drug Cartels use are bought in the US is not exactly trying to get some kind of sensible gun legislation.

Hell, they didn't even call for anything after Gifford's got shot by the crazy person who was able to walk right into a gun shop and get a Mack-9 with an extra big clip.

Yes they did and just hours after the shooting, the next morning in fact.
The majority of the guns that the Mexican Drug Cartels use are Russian, smuggled into Mexico through the U.S.A.
The gun was a Glock 19 not a Mack 9

The Left wishes it was dead

We have a dead border patrol agent here and the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has just drafted a 46-page contempt citation against Holder
It is not going away

The Left just wants to push this past the election
If Papa Obama wins, which is doubtful at this time, he will resign after the election
If Papa Obama loses, most likely, Holder will be in serious trouble

Actually..I am for fully investigating the thing..starting with what the Bush administration initially did..or what was done during the Bush administration.

And there's no conclusive proof that any gun from the program killed that agent.

In any case..there should also be nationwide investigations into:

-Use of bait cars to catch car thieves.
-Use of undercover cops to make arrests.
-Police lying to civilians to coax confessions.
-Use of snitches and drug dealers to get "bigger fish".

In almost all these practices, innocent people have been killed or hurt in some way.

Don't see any of you guys even coming near those issues.

Wonder why.

:eusa_shhh:

The 2nd amendment says the right of the people, not the right of the militia.
The militia was and still is the people. Every State has, or did have, in their state Constitution's, that explains who their state citizen militia is.
Arizona's, is men from the ages of 18 to 44 years of age. It might have been recently rewritten to include women, but I'm not sure.
The founders were very clear in their letters about wanting the American people to be armed.

No one wants to take away your gun binky...

gun_binky.jpg

How quickly they forget;
Just hours after six were killed and 14 others injured in Saturday’s horrific shooting incident in Arizona, politicians 2,300 miles away in Washington, D.C. began plotting a legislative response.

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-N.Y., one of Congress’ fiercest gun control advocates, is looking to strike while the iron is hot. “My staff is working on looking at the different legislation fixes that we might be able to do and we might be able to introduce as early as tomorrow.
They tried to outlaw the Glock 19.

Congress Reacts: Dems Propose Gun Restrictions & Ban on ‘Threatening Language or Symbols’ | TheBlaze.com

First, when you quote Glenn "Too Fucking Crazy for Fox News" Beck as a source, you really don't have a lot of crediblity.

Second, what came of those efforts? McCarthy throws up anti gun laws and has since her husband was shot by Colin Furgeson, an obviously crazy person who was able to walk into a gun store and excercise a right to buy guns and silence those voices in his head once and for all.

Did any of them even get out of committee? Nope.

The second amendment does not cover the right to self defense.......only a well regulated militia
You are incorrect. The right to bear arms is given to citizens in order to defend themselves. It's certainly not given to enable citizens to murder each other. It's the criminal element that misuses firearms in criminal activity, giving you numbnut liberals cause to object and call for a ban on firearms.

The Constitution rules.

The second amendment does not cover the right to self defense.......only a well regulated militia

Well you're half right. Yeah, there is no right to self defense in the COnstitution. THat comes via common law.

you should take some time to learn about the Constitution.
have you ever heard of the 9th Amendment?

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

what that means is, Americans have far more rights than are named in the Constitution.

the Constitution was to limit government , not the public.

the Second Amendment does indeed cover self defense.
if you read my first post, i showed you how.

Last edited:
It sure does seem the Left still
cares about this issue

My question is, why the right doesn't?

Frankly, I don't want to have a world where Colin Furgeson or Jared Loughner can walk into a gun shop and buy a semi-automatic weapon and extra-large clips and mow down a crowd, and would hope you wouldn't either.

But the NRA types think that ANY gun laws is bad because it might be just the slightest hassle to a gun owner.

Well you're half right. Yeah, there is no right to self defense in the COnstitution. THat comes via common law.

I agree..

The right to self defense always came from the state level. The Constitution was concerned about the ability to assemble citizen militias

you should take some time to learn about the Constitution.
have you ever heard of the 9th Amendment?

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

what that means is, Americans have far more rights than are named in the Constitution.

the Constitution was to limit government , not the public.

the Second Amendment does indeed cover self defense.
if you read my first post, i showed you how.

There is no mention of self defense in the Constitution. There is a reason stated, but it is not a limiting reason. This is all spelled out in Heller.
By your reading everything is a right. Gay marriage, abortion, etc etc.

Forum List

Back