The Sad Legacy of Ronald Reagan

They're whiny little "Gorby beat the Soviet Union" looks so stupid and totally detached from reality.

Gorbachev played a vital role in ending the cold war. To deny this fact is to be at odds with reality.

He gave more power to the people, criticized past Soviet actions, implemented perestroika, and when Russian bureaucrats tried to thwart him, he responded with Glasnot.

Gorbachev was much more receptive to Reagan than either Brezhnev or Andropov would have been. Good thing for their timely deaths.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=595W4JJHa2U]‪Gorbachev, Glasnost, Perestroika, Arms Agreement‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

The "sad legacy" is the sad legacy of leftwing historical revisionism about Reagan. No matter how many times it's repeated that Reagan cut tax rates tremendously in 1981, and agreed to an increase based on democrats (unkept) promise of 2 for 1 spending cuts in 1982, and that Reagan was forced to tremendously ramp up the military with its attendant costs because of the aggressive forces loosed in the world because of Carter's appeasement policies, they still want to warp history by portraying Reagan as a spendthrift. This is leftwing strategy right out of the Alinsky manual - when you can't defeat an opponent's issues or reputation, go after him with defamation.

The "sad legacy" is the sad legacy of leftwing historical revisionism about Reagan. No matter how many times it's repeated that Reagan cut tax rates tremendously in 1981, and agreed to an increase based on democrats (unkept) promise of 2 for 1 spending cuts in 1982, and that Reagan was forced to tremendously ramp up the military with its attendant costs because of the aggressive forces loosed in the world because of Carter's appeasement policies, they still want to warp history by portraying Reagan as a spendthrift. This is leftwing strategy right out of the Alinsky manual - when you can't defeat an opponent's issues or reputation, go after him with defamation.

they still want to warp history by portraying Reagan as a spendthrift.

Fucking liberals. I hate them. Why on Earth would they think that tripling the debt is being a spendthrift.?

Patrick, we are dealing with fucking idiots.

No....you're dealing with REALITY. The reality is that, on a personal level Reagan was a decent man but as POTUS he really sucked. He was mostly clueless and easily manipulated by those around him.

No matter how you slice it taxes went UP under his watch and yet he still managed to quadruple the federal deficit.

The Soviet Union was on the verge of collapse and Reagan's military build-up had little to do with that. He was just lucky enough to be in office at the right time. If anyone REALLY believes that it was only his policies that led to the Soviet demise then I have some swampland to sell you.

We haven't even scratched the surface of the Iran-Contra scandal.

Reagan's true legacy is poor but those around him were master spinners and managed to make a demi-God out of him.

Like I said, he was decent enough on a personal level (I would have enjoyed drinking a few beers with him) but was he all he is made out to be? Hell no.

Fucking liberals. I hate them. Why on Earth would they think that tripling the debt is being a spendthrift.?

Democrats in the House and Senate approved every dollar spent in those years. Furthermore, they held Reagan up for ransom and demanded 3 dollars in social spending increase for every dollar of military spending increase. Tip O'Neil declared every budget Regan submitted "dead on arrival" because it didn't have enough social spending to suit the tics who voted him into office.

Only morons who don't know history are fooled by the kind of sleazy propaganda you post in this forum.

Last edited:
One more thing about Reagan that I just found out today while watching a documentary on Hugh Hefner. Ronald Reagan... before he got involved in politics, was an informant for the FBI when McCarthyism was riding it's fascist high. He was a high ranking official in the Screen Actors Guild that helped blacklist his own members... for... wait for it... being a liberal.

This is just one more reason I abhor radicalism... from the right or the left. Radical left leads to communism and tyranny... radical right leads to Theocracy, Fascism and tyranny.

One more thing about Reagan that I just found out today while watching a documentary on Hugh Hefner. Ronald Reagan... before he got involved in politics, was an informant for the FBI when McCarthyism was riding it's fascist high. He was a high ranking official in the Screen Actors Guild that helped blacklist his own members... for... wait for it... being a liberal.

This is just one more reason I abhor radicalism... from the right or the left. Radical left leads to communism and tyranny... radical right leads to Theocracy, Fascism and tyranny.

McCarthy warned about Communist infiltration of the US State Department and many of the people he warned us about turned out to be genuine Communist spies that the USSR acknowledged as their own.

There is not a single Hollywood type type was ever a victim of "McCarthyism"

But thank you for at least noticing that there is no ideological space between Liberals and Communists

McCarthy warned about Communist infiltration of the US State Department and many of the people he warned us about turned out to be genuine Communist spies that the USSR acknowledged as their own.

But thank you for at least noticing that there is no ideological space between Liberals and Communists

The Hollywood Blacklist

you're full of shit...not a single hollywood type? how about over 300? No...I adamantly reject the idea of liberalism=Communism. Same as I do Conservatism=Fascism. It is the radical extremism that leads down those roads on either side.

Do you have a list of these genuine Communist spies? Or are you just sticking up for fascist policies?

That's one more reason I admire Reagan.

They weren't "liberals." They were commies - traitors, that is.

http://www.conservative.org/wp-content/themes/Conservative/bl-archive/Issues/issue94/071022med.php

Biased Hollywood Ten Tales
by Spencer Warren
Issue 94 - October 24, 2007

October 30th is the special night devoted to films credited to members of the Hollywood Ten by the Turner Classic Movies cable channel–-by my count, the fourth such program in the past five years or so. This is the sixtieth anniversary of the hearings conducted by the House Un-American Activities Committee on Communist influence in the motion picture industry-–in those pre-television days 80 million Americans, more than one-half the population, attended a movie every week. The witnesses refused on First Amendment grounds to answer questions about their alleged Communist affiliations, and the hearings became something of a circus, thanks to partisan committee members and some of the witnesses (whose leftist arrogance alienated many of their anti-Communist liberal supporters in Hollywood). Eight screenwriters, one director and one producer were held in contempt of Congress and imprisoned. The hearings led to a blacklist enforced by the studios, which started with the Ten (one of whom later cooperated and went back to work) and widened during the 1950’s.

The story given over and over again on Turner, and which is beloved of left-wing Hollywood (which also is commemorating the anniversary), is that the Ten were innocent progressives deprived of their constitutional rights at the behest of right-wingers, their careers and lives destroyed. But this is only part of the truth. For years its host, Robert Osborne, and its website have repeatedly dismissed the Communist threat of the 1940’s and ‘50s. True, the blacklist was a poisonous period. Many hundreds of innocent people–-including those who had joined the Communist Party of the USA only briefly--were victimized by informers, and their careers and lives were ruined or severely damaged. Let us complete the story, however. Most of the Ten were members-–in secret--of the CPUSA, while a few had been members in the past and only briefly. For the staunch CPUSA members in particular, this meant they were part of a secret conspiracy pledged to the overthrow of our constitutional democracy by a Communist dictatorship. Further, as we now know from Communist archives in Moscow that were declassified after the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991 (including the archives of the CPUSA located there), as well as the declassified Venona records resulting from our breaking of Soviet codes, the CPUSA was directly funded and obedient to Joseph Stalin’s Moscow. The CPUSA was a devoted promoter of Soviet propaganda and an eager participant in Soviet espionage. (See for example the scholarly books by Harvey Klehr, John Earl Haynes and Kyrill Anderson, The Secret World of American Communism, 1996, and The Soviet World of American Communism, 1998, both Yale University Press; Klehr and Haynes, Venona: Decoding Soviet Espionage in America, 1999, Yale University Press; and Klehr and Haynes, In Denial: Historians, Communism and Espionage, 2003, Encounter Books.)

Last edited:
The Hollywood Blacklist

you're full of shit...not a single hollywood type? how about over 300? No...I adamantly reject the idea of liberalism=Communism. Same as I do Conservatism=Fascism. It is the radical extremism that leads down those roads on either side.

Do you have a list of these genuine Communist spies? Or are you just sticking up for fascist policies?

They were communists. The Venona papers proved they were communists. All commies claim to be "liberals." Of course, these days there is absolutely nothing that distinguishes a "liberal" from a communist. Their agendas are identical.

Reagan was the greatest president in my lifetime.

Was proudly on active duty during his tenure. He brought RESPECT back to the military, following the dismal Carter era. Carter cut cut cut defense - ships sat rotting at the pier. Morale low, drug use rampant. By what I am hearing and reading, the Obama admin is fucking with defense the same way.

The Hollywood Blacklist

See, you're totally ignorant about McCarthy as I was, but that's not our fault and its not even surprising because we've been trained to believe that:

1. McCarthy ran the HUAC

2. McCarthy blacklisted Holloywood Liberals and

3. McCarthy drummed up a "red scare"

The list of Communist spies working at State and the White House in 1950's in as long as the list of people in Hollywood McCarthy never Blacklisted

The only part of the fictional narrative of McCarthyism that is accurate was that his name was indeed Joe McCarthy.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/revie...-of-senator-joe-mccarthy-m-stanton-evans.html

No....you're dealing with REALITY. The reality is that, on a personal level Reagan was a decent man but as POTUS he really sucked. He was mostly clueless and easily manipulated by those around him.

No matter how you slice it taxes went UP under his watch and yet he still managed to quadruple the federal deficit.

The Soviet Union was on the verge of collapse and Reagan's military build-up had little to do with that. He was just lucky enough to be in office at the right time. If anyone REALLY believes that it was only his policies that led to the Soviet demise then I have some swampland to sell you.

We haven't even scratched the surface of the Iran-Contra scandal.

Reagan's true legacy is poor but those around him were master spinners and managed to make a demi-God out of him.

Like I said, he was decent enough on a personal level (I would have enjoyed drinking a few beers with him) but was he all he is made out to be? Hell no.

Where were all these spending hawks when obama was spending trillions of dollars, and creating a huge new entitlement - obamacare? :rolleyes:

Is it possible for a leftwinger to open his mouth without lying??

Reagan was concerned about the post-WWII attempt by communists to infiltrate the hollywood film industry, and no respectable historian disagrees that they DID. The blacklist, which Reagan had nothing toi do with, was unfortunate, but it's well known that there is another blacklist in hollywood now - if you work in the business and you have conservative opinions, you better keep them to yourself or you'll never work again. The only conservative actors who speak out do so after their career is over - eg, the late Charleton Heston.

zFacts-Reagan-Not-Congress.png

Congress controls spending