We need to fix Defense Spending now or else

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
We dont need bases all over the world to protect against heathens that dont even have an Air Force or Navy.
We can save money and sure up our shit if we shut those places down.
Agree or Disagree?

Anyone who takes either the budget or small gov't conservatism seriously would agree.

I would have to agree also. On top of the yearly costs of running and maintaining the military there are a very substantial amount of costs that come with paying for a much larger military force in the cost of retirement benefits and medical care. These costs are not included in the military budget but instead come out of other areas of the budget. That is why the long term costs of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan will be much higher than what we are now being told. Some estimates are close to or above $10 trillion.

Hmmm...I'm confused just today on Limpbaugh and Hannity they were poo-pooing the idea of cutting defense spending. They never say why they just say over and over "yeah, thats a GREAT idea...stupid liberals"

They've perfected the art of making a point without making a goddam point

Amazing! Repubs would rather cut benefits that help people than to cut bases that does nothing for America but drain its money. Priorties

Whatever happened to the idea of a peace dividend?

While I do love all the neat toys the Pentagon has, I have to admit that we do need a discussion on what we are going to use our military for.

Tossing Hussein the the Taliban were cool. But we just plain suck at nation building. I am beginning to think that with Iraq we should have just left when Hussein was hung. We got mission creeped into an additional 7 years of nation building that were expensive, unproductive and it seems ultimately futile.

I still want to keep bases in Germany . I have met a few germans over the years. We need to watch them. They are weird. I don't believe we need bases in Japan anymore. While they are also weird, they are not scary weird anymore.

Forum List

Back