The Roosevelt Myths vs. The Facts

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
When the facts are revealed, those who have been raised on hagiography, the "Roosevelt is God" groupies, don't try to deny the facts...the squeal like stuck pigs, they obfuscate, they attack the one revealing the facts.

Why not admit the truth?

Answer: because once any truth is admitted, the flood gates would open and their most closely held beliefs and worldview, i.e., Roosevelt and collectivist governance, would dissolve, like sand castles when the tide rolls in.

1. It is a fact that the economic downturn that Republican Warren Harding face was at the least comparable to the one that Franklin Roosevelt face. Harding's plan, "...tax cuts, spending cuts and relatively non-interventionist economic policy,..." ended the recession in a year and a half.

And Roosevelt knew all of it.

2. Republicans prior to Hoover provided prosperity for the nation. It was called "The Roaring Twenties." Roosevelt knew this, but, instead, imposed Benito Mussolini's Fascist Corporatism on the United States.

a. It is a fact that none of the New Dealers were constitutionalists. Roosevelt's economist, Rexford Tugwell said: "Any people who must be governed according to the written codes of an instrument which defines the spheres of individual and group, state and federal actions must expect to suffer from the constant maladjustment of progress. A life' which changes and a constitution for governance which does not must always raise questions which are difficult for solution."
Manly, "The Twenty Year Revolution," p.63

Roosevelt had the very same view of the Constitution.

3. It is a fact that the New Deal was Roosevelt's copy of Mussolini's Fascist policies. Rex Tugwell was opposed to any private business not controlled by the government. General Hugh Johnson was working with Tugwell on a bill to create the NRA, and gave Francis Perkins, Roosevelt's Sec'y of Labor, the book by Rafaello Viglione, "The Corporate State," in which the neat Italian system of dictatorship for the benefit of the people was glowingly described."
Francis Perkins, "The Roosevelt I Knew."

The NRA was copied from Mussolini's corporative system.

a. Francis Perkins questioned whether Johnson 'really understood the democratic process..."New Dealers had no problem with the fascist nature of their plans."
Again?
FDR had no problem with imposing Fascism.

b. It is a fact that the New Deal was copied from Mussiolini's Fascism and
" Fascism did not acquire an evil name in Washington
until Hitler became a menace to·the Soviet Union."
Manly, Op. Cit., p. 48

Had Hitler not attacked his ally, Joseph Stalin, Franklin Roosevelt would have continued his amiable relationships with other dictators.
That's a fact.

president-franklin-roosevelt-the-test-of-our-progress.jpg

When the facts are revealed, those who have been raised on hagiography, the "Roosevelt is God" groupies, don't try to deny the facts...the squeal like stuck pigs, they obfuscate, they attack the one revealing the facts.

Why not admit the truth?

Answer: because once any truth is admitted, the flood gates would open and their most closely held beliefs and worldview, i.e., Roosevelt and collectivist governance, would dissolve, like sand castles when the tide rolls in.

1. It is a fact that the economic downturn that Republican Warren Harding face was at the least comparable to the one that Franklin Roosevelt face. Harding's plan, "...tax cuts, spending cuts and relatively non-interventionist economic policy,..." ended the recession in a year and a half.

2. Republicans prior to Hoover provided prosperity for the nation. It was called "The Roaring Twenties." Roosevelt knew this, but, instead, imposed Benito Mussolini's Fascist Corporatism on the United States.

a. It is a fact that none of the New Dealers were constitutionalists. Roosevelt's economist, Rexford Tugwell said: "Any people who must be governed according to the written codes of an instrument which defines the spheres of individual and group, state and federal actions must expect to suffer from the constant maladjustment of progress. A life' which changes and a constitution for governance which does not must always raise questions which are difficult for solution."

3. It is a fact that the New Deal was Roosevelt's copy of Mussolini's Fascist policies. Rex Tugwell was opposed to any private business not controlled by the government. General Hugh Johnson was working with Tugwell on a bill to create the NRA, and gave Francis Perkins, Roosevelt's Sec'y of Labor, the book by Rafaello Viglione, "The Corporate State," in which the neat Italian system of dictatorship for the benefit of the people was glowingly described."

a. Francis Perkins questioned whether Johnson 'really understood the democratic process..."New Dealers had no problem with the fascist nature of their plans."
Again?

Manly, Op. Cit., p. 48

Had Hitler not attacked his ally, Joseph Stalin, Franklin Roosevelt would have continued his amiable relationships with other dictators.
That's a fact.

Oh how right you are.

Roosevelt should have taken a page out of Harding's playbook. The depression would never have lasted anywhere near as long as it did.

WWII stopped it. Everything FDR did prolonged it.

He was a great war time POTUS but as just a POTUS he sucked.

Why not admit the truth?

Again?

Manly, Op. Cit., p. 48

That's a fact.
Wow, MS. Chic. Your hindsight evidently equals your foresight, and I fear not even your oculist can help you. Your "facts" are not facts, but unproven speculations. For one, FDR and Stalin were NEVER friends, but the necessity of creating a second front was vital to gaining time to train and equip, to buildup in the British Isles and keep Hitler on the east side of the channel and off English soil. All the rest looks like speculations to me also, especially the part about how FDR was instrumental in dragging out of a very deep depression...I was THERE! These musings by critics are codswallop!

Why not admit the truth?

The opening statement is simply wacko. FDR's programs and ideas have outlasted the 20th Century and continue into the 21st Century. No other President of the 20th Century can compare to the lasting influence and legacy of FDR.
The opening statement is simply PoliticalChic telling everyone that if they would simply accept her warped and distorted opinions, everyone would understand and realize what a horrible leader FDR was and reject the opinions of the world's leading historians as well as the folks who lived during his era and re-elected him over and over.

Why not admit the truth?

Again?

Manly, Op. Cit., p. 48

That's a fact.
Wow, MS. Chic. Your hindsight evidently equals your foresight, and I fear not even your oculist can help you. Your "facts" are not facts, but unproven speculations. For one, FDR and Stalin were NEVER friends, but the necessity of creating a second front was vital to gaining time to train and equip, to buildup in the British Isles and keep Hitler on the east side of the channel and off English soil. All the rest looks like speculations to me also, especially the part about how FDR was instrumental in dragging out of a very deep depression...I was THERE! These musings by critics are codswallop!

Why not admit the truth?

Again?

Manly, Op. Cit., p. 48

That's a fact.

"Your "facts" are not facts, but unproven speculations."

Excellent.
You serve as a perfect example of every Roosevelt-aficionado who responds to the facts I post.

I fervently searched for documentation in your post....but....alas....there is none.

As usual, as typical...you drones simply offer "is not....is noooooottttttt!" as a valid rebuttal.

It isn't.

But....do take another swing......
....I'll bet you strike out again.

At your advanced age, one would imagine that you recognize this truth:

Reality is defined by actions, not by words.

Prior to the 'Great Depression,' this nation had over thirty economic downturns.
They lasted 1-2 years.

Roosevelt, by design, in order to undermine our nation's foundings, extended the depression by a factor of four or five....along with the agony inflicted on the people.

So....quoting words merely is simply an exercise in what you always do.....lie.

Why not admit the truth?

The opening statement is simply wacko. FDR's programs and ideas have outlasted the 20th Century and continue into the 21st Century. No other President of the 20th Century can compare to the lasting influence and legacy of FDR.
The opening statement is simply PoliticalChic telling everyone that if they would simply accept her warped and distorted opinions, everyone would understand and realize what a horrible leader FDR was and reject the opinions of the world's leading historians as well as the folks who lived during his era and re-elected him over and over.

I sent this invitation to you earlier.....
Yet you've conceded this early????

1. You, whining 'is not, isssss nottttttt!' hardly constitutes my losing. I never lose.

2. "Regurgitate one you fantasize blah blah blah..." Don't you know what 'fantasize' means? No? Well....let me educate you on that, as well....fantasize means indulge in daydreaming
. As I always......always....quote accurately, link and source all material.....clearly you are lying in a feeble attempt to shield your idol.

3. You leave me no choice but to produce another scholarly, well documented and supported, series of revelations about the wanna-be dictator, Franklin Delano Roosevevelt.
And I challenge you to dispute my facts.
a. For your edification: Fact..... a thing that is indisputably the case."

I purposely wrote facts in the OP so you couldn't miss the targets.

But...sadly, you've, once again, proven to be a failure.

Prior to the 'Great Depression,' this nation had over thirty economic downturns.
They lasted 1-2 years.

Roosevelt, by design, in order to undermine our nation's foundings, extended the depression by a factor of four or five....along with the agony inflicted on the people.

The Great Depression had begun with the market crash of 1929, so it was already almost four yours old when FDR came into the Presidency. Reality is that a monster of a depression was created and in place before he had any opportunity to influence it.

They lasted 1-2 years.

The Great Depression had begun with the market crash of 1929, so it was already almost four yours old when FDR came into the Presidency. Reality is that a monster of a depression was created and in place before he had any opportunity to influence it.

Untrue, you dunce.

America’s greatest depression fighter was Warren Gamaliel Harding. An Ohio senator when he was elected president in 1920, he followed Woodrow Wilson who got America into World War I, ...Harding inherited the mess, in particular the post-World War I depression – almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933, that FDR inherited and prolonged. Richard K. Vedder and Lowell E. Gallaway, in their book Out of Work (1993), noted that the magnitude of the 1920 depression "exceeded that for the Great Depression of the following decade for several quarters."

The estimated gross national product plunged 24% from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million in 1920 to 4.9 million in 1921.

Harding beat it in a year and a half.

It's a sure sign of mental flaccidity when one allows the opinions of strangers to overwhelm the facts right at your fingertips

2. Republicans prior to Hoover provided prosperity for the nation.
But Hoover only gave Americans, the Great Depression, then did nothing about it, and Americans were pissed, so, no GOP president was elected till the 1950's...

Think about the fact: Franklin Roosevelt imposed Mussolini's Fascist Corporatism on the United States of America.

Is the sort of government, a dictatorship, which Fascist Corporatism required, the sort of governance that our Founders willed us?

4. "As an economic system, fascism is socialism with a capitalist veneer. ... In its day (the 1920s and 1930s), fascism was seen as the happy medium between boom-and-bust-prone liberal capitalism, with its alleged class conflict, wasteful competition, and profit-oriented egoism, and revolutionary Marxism, with its violent and socially divisive persecution of the bourgeoisie.

.... Mussolini praised the New Deal as “boldly . . . interventionist in the field of economics,” and Roosevelt complimented Mussolini for his “honest purpose of restoring Italy” and acknowledged that he kept “in fairly close touch with that admirable Italian gentleman.”

Also, Hugh Johnson, head of the National Recovery Administration, was known to carry a copy of Raffaello Viglione’s pro-Mussolini book,The Corporate State,with him, presented a copy to Labor Secretary Frances Perkins, and, on retirement, paid tribute to the Italian dictator."
Fascism: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

These are facts, and understanding them is key to understanding Franklin Roosevelt.

Roosevelt....the friend of Fascism.

They lasted 1-2 years.

Your point?

The Depression was already going for three years when FDR took office. Hoovers "Prosperity is just around the corner" was a myth...it took FDR to actually DO something

The greatness of FDR was that he realized that the depression was more about the suffering of the poor than about the profits for the rich

2. Republicans prior to Hoover provided prosperity for the nation.
But Hoover only gave Americans, the Great Depression, then did nothing about it, and Americans were pissed, so, no GOP president was elected till the 1950's...

Funny.....Roosevelt went right on instituting Hoover's policies and program.

Roosevelt ran for election, and promised the public, to reverse Hoover's programs and spending....but:

"Historians now acknowledge[Hoover's] progressive inclinations, and his commitment to counter-cyclical planning and the belief that the nation ought to have a reservoir of big projects in the planning stages that could be executed when the time was right.
Programs begun during the Hoover years, such as the Reconstruction Finance Corporation, were forerunners of the New Deal, and years later New Dealer Rexford Tugwell acknowledged that -- even though no one would say so at the time -- "practically the whole New Deal was extrapolated from programs that Hoover started."WGBH American Experience . Golden Gate Bridge | PBS

Get that?
"....practically the whole New Deal was extrapolated from programs that Hoover started."

But....but.....Roosevelt said he would do the opposite!!!

Roosevelt: Why lie?

Forum List

Back